9 year old leg wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xbeautyx

Reaction score
A very good client of mine rang me yesterday and explained that her 9 yo daughter (who i also see regularly when she comes in with her mum) wants her legs waxing as shes started swimming at school and getting teased for her dark downey hairs on her legs. She has caught her a few times trying to shave her legs herself and she'd rather her not use a razor and started making excuses why she can't do swimming. The girl wants it doing and asked herself which i think says a lot. I personally feel like she would be fine to have 1/2 leg wax but my question is, is there any law against this from an age pov? Would you agree to it if the circumstances were right and you felt comfortable to do it?
I said to leave it with me while i sought advice which she said was understandable but she said she'd sign a consent form if necessary.

You have to check with your insurance company.

I wouldn't wax either of my daughters legs. I bought them an electric razor so they could sit before school and skim over any hair that had come through.

The only problem with waxing is the having to return - fine when you're an adult but many of my younger clients who have to be brought don't turn up! It also means regrowing the hair for rewaxing. This can be a struggle for young people.

Just some thoughts

Vic x

She's just reaching puberty. Having hair on your legs and elsewhere is totally normal and all the other girls will start noticing their body changes soon.

If I was the mum, I'd be supporting her to understand and accept those changes and probably have a word with school about the teasing too.

As Vic suggests, investing in an electric shaver might offer a sensible solution but if it was my daughter, I'd be teaching her to love her body through the changes,

Definitely electric razor on this one, safe and can be used underarms as well..if she's a swimmer, it won't be long before she will be wanting to have all body hair removed, front of arms etc, so the electric razor would serve her well, and not at all harmful/intrusive..

I would check with insurance and ask the parent to be present during the treatment. Maybe use Hot Wax.
One can explain however much about body acceptance, but I doubt it will stop teasing.
P.S. I wax my 8 y.o. legs because she is not comfortable with hairy legs.

Latest posts

Back