99/0 & 9/13 turning pink on grey roots

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair 111xxx

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I’ve been colouring my ladies hair for years with 99/0 & 9/13 and all of a sudden it has a pink cast too it. I’ve changed brands but still the same!
She uses Kerastase and Moroccan oil, I’ve asked her not to have any products on her hair next time I come as it could be the Moroccan oil? Also asked her to use a balanced/clear shampoo to clean the hair of any product build up.
Anyone had similar experience of this and what can be done to stop it? Many thanks

Moroccan oil is really awful stuff, the main ingredients are silicones with only a tiny amount of actual Argan oil. You’ll need a good chelating shampoo to remove the build up of product she has in her hair as a basic clarifying shampoo just won’t be strong enough.

It’s a nightmare! I have no idea why it’s like this..it’s been going on for a few months now, and I feel like the colours have changed something in the mixture! I will get the shampoo you mentioned xx thanks so much

Hey, the double bases shouldn't be mixed with the fashion colours. Is her hair resistant? If it's not use a 9/0 x

I agree with jamiereid92 intensive double bases are to be used alone only and not mixed with tones.

Moroccan oil is really awful stuff, the main ingredients are silicones with only a tiny amount of actual Argan oil
Really? The best selling Argan oil in the world? I beg to differ. I agree with the above post about the double numbers not mixing with fashion tones. Anyway, come the autumn it’s all change at Koleston..... watch this space.

Really? The best selling Argan oil in the world? I beg to differ. I agree with the above post about the double numbers not mixing with fashion tones. Anyway, come the autumn it’s all change at Koleston..... watch this space.

Don’t take my word for it, just pick up a bottle and google the ingredients. :)

The first two ingredients are both silicone products (silicones are derived from Silica..... a natural white powder soluable in water)..... not all silicones are created equal :) The third ingredient is Pharmaceutical grade Argan oil.

Yes my reo told me there are going to be huge changes and all the colours will use ME like in their innocence, but I don't know any more than that.... Do you?

All going ammonia free..... and we all know how successful the L’Oreal launch of Inoa was..... could make or break Coty.

All going ammonia free..... and we all know how successful the L’Oreal launch of Inoa was..... could make or break Coty.
Im so upset I wasn't told anything about the changes in September until I received (bits and pieces) of my opening order.

I've always loved wells colour but not so happy with how they are treating me as a salon ATM. Hopefully that will improve

Im so upset I wasn't told anything about the changes in September until I received (bits and pieces) of my opening order.

I've always loved wells colour but not so happy with how they are treating me as a salon ATM. Hopefully that will improve

I know how you feel. I reluctently converted away from Wella and closed my account because i didn't like the way they treated me as a salon. I was sick and tired of constantly having reps change all the time too.

Latest posts

Back