A bad experienced being waxed.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fab Freak

Reaction score
I forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago but I recently decided to change my prunning regime and go back to having a bikini wax as opposed to using Veet. Anyway, I walk past a Salon a lot locally and it looks very pretty from the outside and gives out all the right signals so I decided to book in for waxing.

I turned up and was shown to a treatment room and was asked to undress and hop onto the couch. So off slipped the skirt but there was no hanger/hook or chair so I folded my skirt up and popped it on my hand bag - not a good first impression

Then I realised that there was no towel or couch roll on the bed just a plastic projective sheet meanwhile I got the biggest goosebumps as it wasn't that warm in the room which I didn't think was very good not when your lying around half naked.

So I when the therapist returned I asked for some towels and she came back with one - so I asked for anohter and she tutted ans said she'd only got one clean one left (this was at noon on a Friday) she asked me to hop onto the bench I did and used the towel to cover my modesty :)o well i'm a bit shy)

I have to say it was the most painful wax I’ve ever had – I even ended up with bruising around the top of my inner thigh and yet again no questions prior to the treatment nor was I asked to fill in a record card post treatment –not that it mattered as wild horses couldn’t drag me there again.

But it just goes to show that you can't always judge a book by its cover even with all the thrills of the facade behind the scenes was not all it seemed.

PS it wasn't a trainee that treated me it was the Manager and I've since found out they are butchers of nails as well.

I can't beleive the poor standard of treatment I recieved and I have to say this is not the first time I've found poor standards when it comes to having wax treatments.

If one good thing has come out of this is it's making me seriously re-considering taking up training for beauty thearpy as I do know many other people that don't go for waxing for similar reasons.

ouch. feeling your pain:cry::cry::cry:

now you see, this is why i cant bring myself to be waxed, anywhere never mind my nether regions!!! lol ouch:cry:

awwwhun, feel sorry for you, hope the pain has gone a bit now hun

nicky xxxxx

I had a bikini wax sometime ago now, I've been a bit embarressed to go recently been doing it myself because of the lump in my groin but anyways I had a bikini wax in a very classy looking establishment, I used to get my eyebrows done at the same time.

I was bruised very badly and was told that this was normal, since listening to stories on here I have realised that it's not.

Feeling your pain hun!:hug:

Teri x

:hug: Feel for you hun, must be painful :eek:

Anyone that has had a bad waxing experience should always go back to the salon and let them know ! How are they to know that they have bruised you otherwise ?

FabFreak Is the manager also the owner of the salon ? If not I would write to the owner & let him/her know.

:hug: Feel for you hun, must be painful :eek:

Anyone that has had a bad waxing experience should always go back to the salon and let them know ! How are they to know that they have bruised you otherwise ?

FabFreak Is the manager also the owner of the salon ? If not I would write to the owner & let him/her know.

I'm not sure but I know they have another salon and the standards aren't so hot there either but they do well enough -I guess some clients/customers don't realise that their treatments aren't always upto scratch

I didn't ask if she was to be honest but I did say I didn't want to book another appointment as I wasn't happy.

I think this sort of experience is getting so typical of peoples experiences with waxing.I have people come to me for other things that say they will never have waxing again because it was like being tortured.If i do pursuade them to try again they are surprised how little pain an experienced and more than that a caring therapist actually inflicts.We cant all be experienced but we can all care.
Also when places are qualifying people in waxing in 2 days this is what is to be expected.

I had a bikini wax sometime ago now, I've been a bit embarressed to go recently been doing it myself because of the lump in my groin but anyways I had a bikini wax in a very classy looking establishment, I used to get my eyebrows done at the same time.

I was bruised very badly and was told that this was normal, since listening to stories on here I have realised that it's not.

Feeling your pain hun!:hug:

Teri x

Bruising is NOT NORMAL if i have ever bruised anyone and i have but thank goodness not often and not for many years it has been my mistake,wax too thick,wax too cold, pulling wrong way,client very cold,client very loose skin,going over more than once etc etc all of these things can cause bruising all of which can be prevented
This is where experience and good education comes in.

I think this sort of experience is getting so typical of peoples experiences with waxing.I have people come to me for other things that say they will never have waxing again because it was like being tortured.If i do pursuade them to try again they are surprised how little pain an experienced and more than that a caring therapist actually inflicts.We cant all be experienced but we can all care.
Also when places are qualifying people in waxing in 2 days this is what is to be expected.

i agree, it takes 1 year to complete waxing in NVQ2 and you have to do so many assessments. I wouldn't consider somebody who has completed a 1/2 day waxing course to be adequatly qualified unless they have practisied ALOT.

This doen't mean to say they woudn't be any good, just IMO they should practise more than 2 days before being let loose on the public.

[/color]

i agree, it takes 1 year to complete waxing in NVQ2 and you have to do so many assessments. I wouldn't consider somebody who has completed a 1/2 day waxing course to be adequatly qualified unless they have practisied ALOT.

This doen't mean to say they woudn't be any good, just IMO they should practise more than 2 days before being let loose on the public.
Well i think you would be ok to do the person you had as your model for 2 days and any one similar but what about the exceptionally strong haired or someone whos hair is all different directions.It took me two years 3 times a week having volunteer clients coming into college to pass my exams and i still hadn't met all the problems you can come up against.,and lets face it when you pay for a lot of these courses they still pass you even if you are rubbish.Education has become big business.

You poor thing Louise! What a horrible experience for you. You should definitely go back and tell them WHY you're not happy with the treatment. If they're any sort of decent therapist, they'll make changes in the way they do things.
I agree with Gillian W, bruising should be very rare indeed. On the odd occasion I've done it to someone, I've apologised loads, not treated the client as if it's her fault! It all comes down to proper training and practice, practice, practice.

That isn't good, unfortunately it's not a unique experience.

I have lost count of the amount of clients who are amazed that
- I provide towels and couch roll
- I do a consultation
- test the wax on my wrist and then their's for temperature
- explain what I am doing etc etc
- I don't hurt them

Bruising which I have thankfully only done once and on my model at college was because I didn't hold the skin tautly enough.

I hope you find a skilled waxer for the future, whilst waxing isn't comfortable nor should it be painful.

oww i am cringing reading your thread hun :eek: i have bruised my self doing my own bikini and it hurts like s**t but then again i was heavy pregnant at the time , lol (didnt try again after that :lol: ) but i havent doe it on a client thank god but hen i am really obsessed about pulling the skin taught coz i am petrified of bruising anyone :eek:
cant you go find a geek that is near you who will do the job right ??

cant you go find a geek that is near you who will do the job right ??

Good idea Dee - is there any Geeks in my area that are proficient in wax and try not to torture their clients for kicks :lol: only joking

But seriously if you'd like a customer PM me

Latest posts

Back