a bad treatment - worth complaining?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not think I would waste my time calling this girl .. especially if she is as aggressive as you indicate she seems to be HOWEVER as you are a dissatisfied customer, I sure sure would not hesitate to let anyone know to steer well clear of her and her lousy service.

You have every right to warn others off if you have received a less than adequate service. You are not in professional competition with her .. yet ... so I'd let everyone know within hearing distance if I were you.

In any case, she will not last long.

I think it might have been best to tell her at the time that you weren't happy but it's ok to say that after it's happened and it put you in a very uncomfortable position.
Like Gigi says don't waste your time she'll be gone shortly I would imagine.

Like a lot of other people, I think you're unlikely to get any sort of joy out of her by phoning and drawing her attention to such a poor quality service, I'm afraid. She'll probably just get even more on the defensive about it.

What I'd be interested to hear is how other VTCT/NVQ qualifed techs rated their training and whether this sort of practical performance is generally indicative of it? I have heard so much from company trained techs who also went the government route that it's sometimes outdated and just plain wrong in some of its' teachings<the VTCT/NVQ, that is>, that it doesn't inspire me with too much confidence to go and do it. I 'Am' planning to this year, but mainly because I'm a bit concerned that the powers that be will eventually crack down and insist we all have this piece of paper, whether or not it's actually any use to us, if we've been trained by a reputable company!

I am not asking because I want to offend anyone on either side of the fence <or both!>, but I'd genuinely be interested to hear what your experiences of it have been?

wouldnt this be an issue for trading standards or something? she isnt doing th job advertised and if lacking in skill. if not for your sake, for others.

although on a plus side, even though she did a rubbish job, you havnt mentioned any irrepairable damage to your natural nails. Probably the oil and lack of (over) buffing / prep, did them good lol. :smack:

You're not going to get any joy with her (certainly no refund as you did pay her without saying anything)

Why not suggest she goes onto www.salongeek.com then The Nail Geek then a thread called 'A bad treatment-worth complaining?'

She may get the message!

You're not going to get any joy with her (certainly no refund as you did pay her without saying anything)

Why not suggest she goes onto www.salongeek.com then The Nail Geek then a thread called 'A bad treatment-worth complaining?'

She may get the message!
Oh yes I like this idea, in fact don't phone her, text her, then she'll be to curious not to look:lol:

i no, i no!! i should have steps in and asked if i should wash my hands and i keep kicking myself about that now i think about it, but at the time (me being shy and all), i just sat there and kept quiet.. silly of me i know..

any i see what you mean about leaving it and not saying anything... there's not really much point is there..?

lau x

I understand why you sat there and said nothing. I don't like to upset people nor do I like to make someone feel that I am challenging their expertise. So, yes, sometimes I have allowed someone to do a poor treatment without saying a word. Everyone has a different personality and some feel more comfortable avoiding tension. It's not your obligation to tell her she's doing her job wrong, so don't feel badly.

im just so confused, oil before the acrylic??!!! why would she do this?!!! oh well as least ur nails are back to being pretty!!xx

Latest posts

Back