a bit like cake icing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

angel fingers

Reaction score
how do you do that nail art effect - its difficult to describe, but i know how you do it on cakes! you do lines of icing and then drag a cocktail stick through it and it gives a sort of feathered effect. i tried it with acrylic paint but no good . can it only be done with coloured gel ?

Angle Fingers.

...Hope this helps.

I think you will find the style you refer to is called marbeling.

Do a search on the site as Layla has given the instructions previously on how to do this exactly. In them meantime the basics are v small bowl water, add drops of polish and swirl with cocktail stick and place nail/s under and lift out...you c...best of luck

Hiya,
Another method of doing this that i learned :)
Was to put small dots of paint onto the nail and then with a small dotting tool, Go through the paint in small letter Cs, This will give a marble effect :cool:

lesley1965 said:
Hiya,
Another method of doing this that i learned :)
Was to put small dots of paint onto the nail and then with a small dotting tool, Go through the paint in small letter Cs, This will give a marble effect :cool:
Hi Lesley, I did this method originally and find it not to be as effect as good, how many dots to you do to achieve this look and in how many colours? :D

Fab Freak said:
Hi Lesley, I did this method originally and find it not to be as effect as good, how many dots to you do to achieve this look and in how many colours? :D

Hi,
I do about 6-8 dots in colours that look nice together, So either 2 or 3 colours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back