a bit of a downer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trudie9

Reaction score
hey guys, i did a ladys hair the other day n she has it short on one side and on the longer sid i put flashes of blonde no thes ladys hair was red all over and the blonde lifted quite well but she text me the to day saying that theres not enough blonde but i personally think that it if i put more in it will look really damaged as it was slightly damaged before and i think blonde shows it up more but any way i feel really down about as if i hadnt done a good job even though i no i have this has jus knocked me a bit do i put more in and stick to my guns xx

hey guys, i did a ladys hair the other day n she has it short on one side and on the longer sid i put flashes of blonde no thes ladys hair was red all over and the blonde lifted quite well but she text me the to day saying that theres not enough blonde but i personally think that it if i put more in it will look really damaged as it was slightly damaged before and i think blonde shows it up more but any way i feel really down about as if i hadnt done a good job even though i no i have this has jus knocked me a bit do i put more in and stick to my guns xx

Hi, if you go against your better judgment and put more in and then it breaks off , you will be the one held responsible ,

I would call her in and do some test pieces if the pieces turn out bad
you can show her the damage,

if it turns out ok and you decide to go ahead,
then you will have taken the necessary steps to cover yourself with your insurance company .

At the end of the day I would always trust your own professional judgment

you could say "that another salon may do it for her
but as a professional you are not prepared to risk the the hairs condition"

:hug:x minky

Last edited:
i totally agree with minky :hug: dont let this worry you because you are the professional after all do the tests required be for you continue with the extra application due to your insurance :hug:

yeah defo you've done all the right things, and at the end of the day, if the problem is not enough blonde, you can easily correct that if the condition allows you to. its not like its too short or shes unhappy with anything, she just wants more blonde. so dont stress!! do a strand test and show her the damage get her to sign a diclaimer saying you did a strand test and the results were ........ hth!

yeah i your all rite and have made me feel better about it. its jus im such a people pleaser and i think summing like this happens it really upsets me but i no if i did jus go a head with what she wanted things could of jus gone the wrong way then she would be even more unhappy so i think i have done the right thing feel better now

hi there try not to get to down about it, as jrobinson said its not as if she doesnt like the colour she just wants more put in, blonde on red is tricky enough to lift so you have done a great job :green:
but as minky said you could do some tests to see how the rest of the hair holds out but go with your judgement and if you feel her hair wont take it just be honest with her and explain the situation
try not to get too disheartened :hug:

Latest posts

Back