A "bit of a networking" idea ???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemmamarie

Reaction score
Hello there :)

As most of you know I am trying to build up my clientel more now and I have come up with an idea and I just wondered if any of you have done this? and had good results?
As I have quite a bit of time on my hands at the moment I thought about finding out when all our local forthcoming events are too be held, such as Fayre's, coffee mornings, WI groups etc, and phoning the organiser and asking whether I could go down and offer maybe a hand massage,or a nail polish and have a chat to the group about what I do and even maybe hand out free samples!
Do you think that I should do this totally free in the hope of getting my name known? or maybe asking for any donations? Or do you think its just a bad idea?
I thought that maybe a bit of networking my way around the area rather than just advertising may be a good idea xx

Any thoughts fellow geeks ??
xxxx:hug:

Hi It sounds like a fantastic idea. I wouldn't hand out free samples though as some people like to take advantage and have no intention of using the services just the free things. A free paint or mini hand massage sounds like a good idea. maybe you could even provide manicures for say 20% off on the day or some thing or insted of the free samples give out 20% off vouchers or some thing that way they will have to come to you to get there discount. Good idea!!

Laura xx

Thats a good idea about the vouchers!! thankyou very much :hug:
like you said that way they have to come back to claim their money off:)
Thankyou hun xxxxx:hug:

make sure you take a bunch of cards, price lists etc along with you as lots of people may want to one home and look over it

xx

Sounds like a good idea, let us know how you get on with it and what sort of response you have.

I did do a talk to a ladies group on skin care and it did get me a couple of clients, so not bad. Didn't follow it up though with anything else.

Good idea!!

How about making up a little goody bag with your card in a discount voucher and maybe a mini nail file and polish! That way people will take the bag (and leaflets) and are more likely too refer back too! xx

Good idea!!

How about making up a little goody bag with your card in a discount voucher and maybe a mini nail file and polish! That way people will take the bag (and leaflets) and are more likely too refer back too! xx

Another brilliant idea, thank you!
they always have very cheap bargains at the wholesalers, so if i could pick up maybe a few end of range polishes at a bargain price. that would be great.:)

Latest posts

Back