A bit of advice on sharing a beauty room, what are the downsides

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree sharing the room will not work out, but expecting the owner to receive only 3 days rent on a room that could be available 7 days, its not fair !

I am a salon owner and rent out my room to a beautician, it's her room she works when she wants and can employ staff if she wishes.she pays me a weeks rent regardless if she works or not. I pay the mortgage on my shop and heating/ lighting/rates.
It's easy it works !

You both sound like nice people get together and see if you can sort something out maybe profit share if you can't pay a bit more for room ?
Maybe you could make extra income by letting a botox company use the room when free ?

I am sure it will work out in the end :)

Let us know how you get on. Good luck x

Hi Girls
I just wanted to update you on what has happened. Thank you for all the sound advice you gave me. I received a text from her this morning to ask my husband not to come for a couple of weeks while she was waiting for the plumber to come in. I had a feeling the last couple of texts that there was a shift in her demeanour. So I just text her and asked did she still want to rent the room out to me. She said that she couldnt afford to finish the room off and that now wasnt the best time. So needless to say, its fallen through. More like she has had a better offer, realised she could get more money off someone else and has changed her mind. Which is fair enough, if it was my shop i would want the best i could get. but when this first started off, it started off with a casual conversation that she had a gents loo sitting empty, she wasnt gonna be greedy, just wanted it converted and in use, then she wanted me to pay for the sink and the flooring, it was only coz i felt guilty i offered to pay for the plastering and my husband to plaster it for free. tbh i wished i had just said to her in the beginning, yeah im intereseted, text me when its ready to rent. sooo loks like Im gona be trying to build up mobile clients in the meantime. Im gutted

Don't be gutted put a ad on gum tree or like
Plenty of rooms out there go find them Hun !

You will look back at this when you have found the perfect room and be glad it happened x

You will look back on this and realise you've had a lucky escape. x

aww thank you for your kind words. I have been very down today since this fell through and went through sadness to anger to c'est la vie. anyway ive been looking at different options, which has ranged from renting a property on my own (too expensive with no client base), looking into another hairdressers, build a garden room at home, convert the garage to a room,, cordon off and build a room within a room (my kitchen). I think i am going to go for the latter and build a room within a room. we have an L shaped kitchen and the corner is dead space. I can have this area boxed off and make a room of approximately 5'4" x 8'9". so I think this is going to be my next venture. keep your fingers crossed. Do you think it will be big enough?

I currently share a room and it is a nightmare. Other therapist using my products, having to contact each other when client wants an appointment to check the room is free.
Double booking clients - it is horrible.
Honestly, don't do it! Xx

I like you have decided to work from home, however my clients at the moment as crazy as this seems are very happy in my dining room which is light and airy looking onto my garden,quite relaxing. I will be using my utility room however needs a lick of paint etc...it seems so much less stressfull. However I may rent a chair one day a week in a salon for Brow work (just to get me out of the house for one day a week) x good luck

Latest posts

Back