A bit of fun for August PN

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lilypond said:
Hi
Mine would be Keep Your Pinky's Perky
Great Minds, Lilypond! ...
I had thought up Perky Pinkies (at least I thought I had, lol)
Thought of going with Glorsclaws,
The Nail Box (was gonna be working from my box-room)
Nail Haven/Heaven.
Decided to go mobile, called myself Nail Angel ... hated it ever since :rolleyes:

Kathryn said:
Hiya Geeks, Geekettes and Geeklets...

Am just compiling my monthyl chat room piece for the August issue of Professional Nails and wanted to have a bit of fun. So, carrying on from a thread I've spotted the question this month is, I want to know...

If you could change the name of your business or were going to open up a new salon, what would you call it?

It'd have to be Kat's Claws for me, for obvious reasons, but I reckon there are oodles out there that make you smile...

As always, responses will be published in the mag, so if you can include your full name and business name that'd be fab.

Cheers all... I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Thanks
Kat
xxx
Professional Nails
email: [email protected]

How about....
On the Nail
Natty Nails
Nifty Nails
Top Notch Nails
all just a little tongue in cheek me thinks

I'd considered The Matrix too which is great but I love "Buff" from Mrs Geek!!!
Until my salon I'll stick with Barbarella cos I love that space sex kitten thing (for anyone that remembers the film) Also I'm going to admit here and now that Duran Duran were and still are my fav (also a charachter in the film and another reason for the name).
Emma Deller

I'd choose....

"The Nail Emporium"...

...or...

"The Nail Plaza"

Lol, trying to bring a bit of Amercian class to Colchester!! :rolleyes: :cool:

xxlaylaxx

After much debate, I have changed my business name to "Perfect Ten".. Not very original nationwide I know, but it is in my area!!

I really like The Matrix!! That's a great name!!

Sara Satchell said:
That's a FANTASTIC name - oohhh I love that - I can just imagine a way out style nail salon called the Matrix - doesn't sound too relaxing though!!!

When i was getting all and sundry to help me think up my business name, i had all sorts thrown at me but the one that tickled my fancy was "Get Nailed" but didnt think that would be a particularly good way to advertise myself, lol. Went with Nails on Wheels in the end (in case anybody hadnt figured it, the pun being instead of meals on wheels!)

Carole Lindsay said:
When i was getting all and sundry to help me think up my business name, i had all sorts thrown at me but the one that tickled my fancy was "Get Nailed" but didnt think that would be a particularly good way to advertise myself, lol. Went with Nails on Wheels in the end (in case anybody hadnt figured it, the pun being instead of meals on wheels!)
Our Ambassadpr in London Jacqui Messer used to have a salon in Thame called 'Nicely Nailed by Jacqui' - you can imagine some of the errr alternative phone calls she received!!!:lol:

I think a black and silver new age decor with Sculpts and Manicures as the name would be great (S&M) Someone else came up with it though and even envisinoned wrist irons to shackle clients in the nail dryer so they did not smudge!!!

the only thing i could really think of was posh paws!! :| even though it sounds more like a dog palour than a nail bar but its the best i can think of right now!!!

i quiet fancied creative Ten and Creative Designs dunno if you are allowed to use the names if other companies are using them or if you can get in trouble? Do you have to ask permission? and of course the all time favourite DESIGNER NAILS!!! sigh............ im just feeling i have out grown nails by nicola is it me or does anyone else think it sounds a bit like im still new to nails with this name lol :rolleyes: :lol: feed back appreciated!! cheers guys! :green:

Sara Satchell said:
After much debate, I have changed my business name to "Perfect Ten".. Not very original nationwide I know, but it is in my area!!

I had considered Perect 10 too but, I still dont feel I offer that quite yet :sad:
I also thought of '10 In Penn' cos thats where I live but, then thought 'what if I move' :rolleyes:
I came up with loads of what I thought was original names, looked in the Y.P. and there they all were ... done before :evil:
I havent heard of the Matrix though ... I think its fantastic!!!

NailNovice2 said:
That is my current dilema. Current suggestions are:

- The Nail Cabin
- The Nail Palace
- Christine's Nail Cabin
- Christine's Nail Palace

I am currently working from my spare room which is rather compact like a cabin but so well kitted out it is like a palace (with thanks to my wonderful hubby, Jon). Any feedback would be welcomed xx
LOL - How about "Christine's Nail Nook"!!

Mrs Geek said:
That's a FANTASTIC name - oohhh I love that - I can just imagine a way out style nail salon called the Matrix - doesn't sound too relaxing though!!!
Especially if Keanu Reeves was there.....!!Just imagine....LOL

I heard of a place called www.nails
which I think is kinda cool

claire 1 said:
Hi,

I think DIGITS is cool.

Regards

claire x

i used to work in a salon called digits!!
fab name
i havent got a clue what id call my own salon
maybe tinks pinks......lol
i dunno

Jess

i am try to think of names for my salon at the mo (if i ever get on and do it) and my dad came up with 'beck's posh nails' may be some sort of copyright issue involved with that one though!

love 'the matrix' idea that is fab.

beck.

Latest posts

Back