a bit of fun...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tickled Pink!

Reaction score
Just curious as to the odd things us nail techs may have used the contents of our precious nail kits for....other than nails that is!
I'm sure we have all been guilty of mending things with nail glue, but what other strange things do we use our products for? It got me thinking when my hubby was about to banish my daughters much loved hamster to the shed as it's wheel was squeaking; he was trying to get to sleep. Despite being in our office, the b****y thing must run about 10 miles a night and the wheel SQUEAKS! Solar oil worked a treat!
So, admit it, who has turned dentist with the acrylics or the like? :D

i use acrylic and fibreglass resin for all sorts!!!
My wax pot lid once broke after i had dropped it.....well i was inbetween clients so i could hardly have my hot wax sploshing all over the car so out came the resin and the activator and the 2 parts became one again......it is still together to day!!! As for the acrylic........my partner has me fixing all sorts of car and bike bits!!! Sick of telling him there is a cheaper way of doing it!!!

My mum once (in the old days with our old CND PREP products) applied a tooth in one of her nail teks (working in her salon at the time) mouth - she used Solar Scub, Nail Fresh (THE HAIR DRYER) and proper adhered the tooth in with Gelbond - apparently the dentist was so impressed - he said she'd done a great job!! I don't know if this should be applied to this thread but it was a funny memory!!! :lol:

lol!!! Mrs geek u ar up late!!! i hav never seen u up this late!!!

I have one...I think everyone has heard of using clear fingernail polish to mend a hole in a stocking. Hahahaha.

Mrs Geek said:
My mum once (in the old days with our old CND PREP products) applied a tooth in one of her nail teks (working in her salon at the time) mouth - she used Solar Scub, Nail Fresh (THE HAIR DRYER) and proper adhered the tooth in with Gelbond - apparently the dentist was so impressed - he said she'd done a great job!! I don't know if this should be applied to this thread but it was a funny memory!!! :lol:

Actually I didn't put a tooth in, I MADE a tooth in her mouth on a 'peg' or screw that was sticking out. When she later had it replaced she said she prefered the one I had made to the one the dental technician had made which she thought was too big and bulky. (Herman will NOT be impressed I'm sure with this tale).

Neither do I recommend that anyone else 'try this at home'!!!!! :lol:

LOL tickled pink you are so right they run a marathon at least twice each night I am sure...and yes the wheels drive you nuts..so many nights I used to (yes sadly 'fudge' is with us no more :cry: lol) get woken up and have to carry the cage to the other end of the house ... maybe they should put bottles of solar oil on the counters near the cages when they sell em LOL ..there ya go 'Creative' a marketing idea for you :lol:

geeg said:
Actually I didn't put a tooth in, I MADE a tooth in her mouth on a 'peg' or screw that was sticking out. When she later had it replaced she said she prefered the one I had made to the one the dental technician had made which she thought was too big and bulky. (Herman will NOT be impressed I'm sure with this tale).

Neither do I recommend that anyone else 'try this at home'!!!!! :lol:

I dont think Herman has seen this thread Gigi, But very well improvised i must say, you will be doing him out of a job :lol:

Amanda

Latest posts

Back