A client won't leave me alone!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redlottie13

JUST BE NICE
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm struggling to keep up with all the calls and messages I get from ONE. Client. She clarifies everything at least three times, I get messages at 10pm (although I have aluto respond on) she then will call the salon on several occasions to have a quick chat and more if I don't text back.....about the same thing we spoke about the week before, the week before that and the week before that!

I ordered her shampoo a few weeks ago and spoke to her 5 times about it!

I have sent a lovely message explaining that I cannot continue playing message tennis. And she's still messaging me!!

Please help ...I want to tell her to go away!

I'm hoping you guys will have a better resolution though[emoji33] she's killing me!

Is it possible she could have something like Asperger's or high functioning autism? Or even some form of dementia and she forgets she's already spoken to you?! Just trying to think outside the box a bit as to why she might be doing this.
Of course she might just be lonely and think of you as a friend rather than just her hairdresser.

As you have already sent her a nice message which doesn't seem to have stopped her I suppose the only other thing you can do is repeat what you said to her in person next time she comes in and if she still carries on just don't reply to her repeated messages and if she calls for a chat, let her know you're busy with a client. It is a tricky one though!

If it's about clarifying how to use products or what she is supposed to book perhaps you could put it all in an email that she can refer back to.

Respond to messages as if it is automated...your name is unavailable as she is with a client but will get back to you asap.

If she calls tell her you are unable to chat right now but you will call her when you are available.

Then reply once every couple of days, stretching to a week until you wean her off.

If it's about clarifying how to use products or what she is supposed to book perhaps you could put it all in an email that she can refer back to.

Respond to messages as if it is automated...your name is unavailable as she is with a client but will get back to you asap.

If she calls tell her you are unable to chat right now but you will call her when you are available.

Then reply once every couple of days, stretching to a week until you wean her off.
Yeah I've tried this but she will call me several times on a Saturday [emoji849]

She sent me a 4 page email Today too!

oh flipping heck! Personally, I would politely say that your working hours are (whatever hours you do) and that any correspondence outside those hours wont be answered until the next working day. After all you do have to live a life! At least if she calls the salon you can politely explain that you've already explained whatever it is she asking, and any other questions she may have to come and ask them during her appointment as time spent answering her questions over the phone is causing delay in your services to your clients at the time. Good luck!!

Yeah I've tried this but she will call me several times on a Saturday [emoji849]
She sent me a 4 page email Today too!

Wow! Definitely over-stepping boundaries by a long way and verging on harassment.

Just send a standard type reply such as ‘thank you for your message, we can discuss this further during your appointment.’ and don’t actually respond to any of her enquiries outside the appointment time, no matter how much you might want to.
You need to be very firm and consistent.
During the appointment, allow a limited time for consultation then make it clear that any further ‘discussion’ will eat into her appointment time and you won’t be able to complete her service. If you have to cut the appointment, do it!
Do not engage with her outside of the appointment.
Every. Single. Time.
Eventually, she will accept that you will not be at her back and call.

You can do this. :)

This is difficult, as I know many of my clients just need a wee chat, or to vent, sometimes but this sounds a bit much. I'd try working in stages, but it sounds as if you're being too nice, and probably responding when you should really wait. Firstly, I'd discourage having her use ur mobile. Message as if it's a generic text, saying as u have a landline, would all clients now make appointments by calling the salon. If she calls mobile just have auto message back asking to call salon during working hours. If she calls salon, you need to b firm and speak for only a few moments and then say ur next client has arrived. If u are with a client, have someone else take a message and maybe say they will check with you between clients and the staff member can call her back later. I agree during appointment, u'll have to be nice but firm with ur appointment time too. Some people are very nervous about getting their hair done, so she's probably just stressing a bit. Good luck

What @AcidPerm says. Take control [emoji85]

There's always a few clients that need their hand holding more than most. I think the industry needs to change slightly to be brought into line with other businesses.
Stylists, beauty techs and the like are deemed on call 24/7. Phone calls in the middle of the evening requesting bookings etc.
Try ringing an electrician up at 8pm to enquire about having a socket moved and I'm sure you'd be met with some verbal abuse.

I wouldn't reply to her messages,Emails or phone calls any more.You have tried to explain to her and there is nothing else you can do.I had clients like this before as well.Keep strong xx

If the client can't control how many times she makes contact then you always have the option to decline your services, especially as you have tried to reduce the 'harrassment' ('stalking' ???).
My suggestion would be to block every method by which she contacts you - FB, email, twitter, phone etc. The only thing she can then do is actually walk into your salon which she possibly won't do as it sounds like she enjoys the messaging methods. All attention seeking stuff. Perhaps she has a mental condition such as OCD or something similar?

If the client can't control how many times she makes contact then you always have the option to decline your services, especially as you have tried to reduce the 'harrassment' ('stalking' ???).
My suggestion would be to block every method by which she contacts you - FB, email, twitter, phone etc. The only thing she can then do is actually walk into your salon which she possibly won't do as it sounds like she enjoys the messaging methods. All attention seeking stuff. Perhaps she has a mental condition such as OCD or something similar?
Yeah she has explained that she suffers with anxiety.

And as I do to, I sympathize......to a certain degree. But everytime I hear her name or see her name pop up I get anxious myself!!

She's in today for a full set of extensions 2 hours might i add #shootme

I've heard of people 'breaking up' with clients... I would first try what AcidPerm suggested, though.

Latest posts

Back