A couple of Brisa questions??!!??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
Just did my Brisa training yesterday, I'm a Master CND tech, favouring the L&P system, but I gotta say...I'm LOVING Brisa! I must say at this point, I had a wicked model to work on with great natural nails (thanks Hun :biggrin: )

I watched the video on my training....got home..watched it again...TWICE! lol. Woke up at 3am still thinking about Brisa..and watched the vid ...AGAIN!!!

A couple of things that I would like to ask/clarify are:

1) Is the white sculpting gel better suited/designed specifically for 'sculpting', with the white liquid gel better used for sets of overlays?

2) Once the pink & white gel has been applied...does the clear gel go over the entire nail INCLUDING zone 1???

3) The final UV topcoat.....is it a no-no to use over the top of an L&P set and cure? The reason I ask is a few of my clients have been asking for something like this.

I know I need practice....practice and more practice (so got another model coming round today for a full set)..wanna master the white....the pinks I took to quite well, but the white I find more challenging to get a nice even layer without divets in (with it being a thicker consistency).

If anyone out there has any tips or advice, I'd REALLY appriciate your help here.....don't wanna be up again in the early hours with Brisa nightmares!!! I dreamt my UV lamp blew up! Aggghhh.

Thanks in advance guys

Jenny-Nails
CND Master Tech

Hi Jenny,
I can't get hold of Brisa for love nor money at the moment arrrggg!!!
but, I have worked with gel for about two years.
The sculpting gel is definatly better for a sculpt nail due to the consistancy, the thinner white gels work better on overlays as you are essentially placing them on top of the nearly finished enhancement, to produce a nice slim look its essential to keep it thin.
Top gloss is applied from cuticle to tip, remember to seal the f/e.
Most of my L&P clients like a gel top finish. Don't shine the L/P though as the gel will not adhere to a shiny surface.
Good Luck.
Lynda

Thanks Lynda, your message made things clearer.

Anyone else got any good advice for me?

Jenny - Nails x x x x

Anyone?????

Jenny-Nails said:
1) Is the white sculpting gel better suited/designed specifically for 'sculpting', with the white liquid gel better used for sets of overlays?
To be honest... I love the white sculpting gel over tips as well. As far as being more 'ideal'... not sure about that... you obviously cant use the Paint On White whilst sculpting though ;)

2) Once the pink & white gel has been applied...does the clear gel go over the entire nail INCLUDING zone 1???
The last clear coat is to seal off any gaps or uneven surfaces left after application. If Zone 1 is uneven... bring it on over. Just be casreful its not too uneven or it can look a bit odd when you smooth over white with lots of clear.

3) The final UV topcoat.....is it a no-no to use over the top of an L&P set and cure? The reason I ask is a few of my clients have been asking for something like this.
its not designed for this, but you shouldnt have a problem as long as you are applying it over a 180 grit or lower finish (you should try to avoid finishing with anything below 180 anyway with L&P) ;)

ThanQ!!

Did another set of Brisa enhancements the other night....sculpted 1 hand and tipped the other.....felt much more confident, and the results were much better, I'm really enjoying working with Brisa, still need to get to grips with sculpting with that white gel though!...I'm finding it a real challenge to get it smooth.

Question for the Nail Geek here...is there any chance of a Brisa sculpting tutorial with pics in the future?? I found your L&P tutorials a real help, so would lurve to see something similar using Brisa?

Many thanks again for your help.

Jenny

I am impatiently awaiting the arrival of my Brisa kit!!!! Anxious to give it a try!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back