A couple questions on gel polish

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robynx

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,
I'm fairly new to beauty (will be qualifying at Level 2 in May/June time) so I usually use Salon Geek as my main source of knowledge for tips and general information but am unable to find the answer to 2 questions...

I would like to have a variety of Gel Polishes so do I need to buy both a UV and an LED lamp or am I able to use one or the other for ALL brands of Gel Polish?

And...

If I was to use different makes of Gel Polishes, do I need a certificate for each make? For example, if I offer Gelish and OPI Gel, will I need 2 lots of training for each make in order to get insured?

I'm sorry if this is very "newbie" and I appreciate any answers given :)

Hi and welcome.

There are many threads on lamps so if you have a chance, maybe do a search. The general consensus is this: the only way to guarantee a fully cured polish is to use the lamp specific to the brand of polish. However there is a great debate as many geeks use other lamps without any problems. I think all gel polishes are UV compatible with some being compatible with LED as well. Not all are LED curable so that's very much brand dependent.

You'd need to check with your insurers whether you will be covered if using a generic lamp or a lamp from another brand. Some insurers insist you provide a full service to that brand from products to equipment x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Oh and re training, again check with your insurers if they will accept another brand's training x

Oh and re training, again check with your insurers if they will accept another brand's training x

Thank you Lilypie :)

Latest posts

Back