A customer back in July 2020

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah2422

Reaction score
Hi guys hope someone can shead some light did a lady’s hair back in July 2020... she wanted ashy hair I said would take a while to achieve that look, she came back the next day and wanted a root scalp bleach I olaplex the rest do the hair to make sure it want compromised, and lifted just round the hairline... she the decider it was to light. So she came back yet again and I put some semis colours in low lights as she wanted it broken up... she was really happy... she the messages a week later saying she’s not happy and wants a refund... she made me feel that bad I did it as a good will gesture... I then blocked her as I thought I don’t need customers like her... I then had a letter 2 months ago... I then received this today... I’ve been hairdressing 19 years never had anything like this

I smell a scammer, don't be intimidated.

I'm assuming when you did the follow up treatments the hair was still in good condition. I'm also assuming you have kept records of your treatments, suggestions and advice you can provide evidence no wrong doing.

IF she decided to take you to court she would have to prove you damaged her hair, as you have records of the treatments and condition of the hair she can't possibly do that. She's already had a refund.

I'd just bin the letter, if you are particularly worried contact your insurance company for advice, that's what they are for.

This was her hair when she left and booked another appointment. Her scalp was fine hence why she was able to have some low Lights. Each time she had her hair olaplex by my self... it’s awful that someone feels they can do this to someone x

Attachments

• 3F8AFF22-8434-4DC2-9CBB-8C8C30EA4113.png
    3F8AFF22-8434-4DC2-9CBB-8C8C30EA4113.png
    3.2 MB · Views: 245
It's terrible what some people will be for money with no regard for the other person.

Definitely a scammer. It’s been a year already so her hair will have grown since then.
It’s a civil matter and she has to prove her case rather than you having to disprove it and you have a great photo there to show what an excellent job you did.
She really hasn’t got a leg to stand on.

She isn’t entitled to have your insurance details as YOUR insurance is to cover YOU, in the event that someone makes a claim against you. If you receive a Court summons, (not a solicitors letter), then you can forward the paperwork to your insurers to deal with. In the meantime, I’d carry on ignoring her.

I wonder who else she’s tried it on with? Sadly, there are some small business who will pay up rather than deal with the hassle. That’s why scammers keep on doing it. They know out of every 10 businesses they tap, at least 1 or 2 will probably pay her to go away. Utterly shameful.

However, I hope you were careful to ensure you did a skin test prior to her first appointment and that you documented the skin test? There‘s the evidence that proves you acted professionally.

Like others have stated, she sounds like a chancer. She would have to prove her damages (zero as you refunded her) although if she was to claim the cost to have her hair rectified, I think she would struggle since it has been a year and I think she would need a tricologist to confirm that you damaged/caused breakage to the hair. I would be extremely surprised if she could claim anything near £5000 for the damages she claims. I'd suggest posting this on r/LegalAdviceUK for a legal point of view.

I’m a Chartered Insurance Broker, I’ve maintained my professional registration but I don’t advise professionally anymore.

it’s a scam. Ignore.

Check your insurance from July 2020. See if you have a legal advice helpline and ring them for advice if you want reassurance. They’ll tell you what to do.

if you don’t have a legal helpline, ring your insurance company. They’ll tell you to ignore her letters and not to engage with her in any way and to send all correspondence to them. It’s absolutely not your problem to deal with or worry about, that’s why you have insurance cover.

If you don’t have insurance cover, Just ignore every letter unless it’s a Court Summons. Chin up, and try not to let it bother you.

Thank you... I just feel in shock... makes you question everything x

So sorry that your going through this

Hi guys I’ve written in here before. I did a girls hair back in July…. She’s still sending me letter wanting £5000 for damage I apparently caused to her scalp… her hair and scalp were fine I took after photos thank god! I’ve received about 5 letters now saying she will seek legal advise… it’s really getting to much any advise guys?

[merged thread]

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, she’s persistent with the hide of a Rhino.
You know you’ve done nothing wrong so I’d write back telling her to stop contacting you otherwise you will take her to court and sue her for harassment and defamation.

Otherwise, if you want to spend money, you could pay a solicitor to write a cease and desist letter to her?

Just ignore her she will get bored of it soon. She has no case xx

I still work in insurance, just starting in beauty!
If she claims it will be referred to your insurance by your solicitor who would also advise, no damage no case!
You can only claim for damage. She has to prove actual damage in order to proceed with a claim.
She can write and demand whatever she likes but she can't claim for something she changed her mind on or doesn't like.
If a customer claimed every time they changed their mind, the hair industry would be out of business!!

I agree with moderator it's turning into harassment at this stage, which is something you can actually claim for.
Maybe advise her of that!
Good luck but honestly nothing for you to fret over.

Latest posts

Back