A day a week doing nails in hairdressers OMG!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tara1

Reaction score
Things have been pretty quite in my home salon recent and i've started contenplating giving up!! Anyway to cut a long story short was having a chat with my hairdresser the other day and she asked if i would consider working in her salon 1 day a week on a 20% per treatment basis. She would advertise. She wants mani/ pedi/ hand massage/ lash tint/ brow lip and chin waxing.

I've said yes!!

Now i'm panicking proberbly about the most stupid thigs but i have questions like i always do lash tints with the person laying down? Has anyone ever done this with clients sitting in a chair? Same goes for lip, chin and brow? Has anyone else done this ie worked in the conrner of the hairdresses was it sucessful??? Any advice tips etc would really help.:lol:

If anyone has any advice would love to hear it!!

I have I work upstairs in a hair dressers although I get a few clients in a wheelchair so I go downstairs n she stays in her chair,it was a little difficult to begin with but it's fine and I have done her 4-5 times now,I just make sure that I have a screen around for privacy so she doesn't feel uncomfortable,don't beat yourself
Up about this is a doddle!
Xx

Thank for the reply

Hiya,

I have done a lash tint and brow thread for a lady in a wheelchair. I popped some cushions behind her head so she could relax, it was a little awkward though.

Maybe you could use the basins to do your lash tinting. I think waxing lip, chin and brow should be fairly straight forward sitting up although again using the basins would probably be easier as clients will have something to rest their head on.

Good luck!
Rhiannon x

More questions;

What treatments do you do in the hairdressers?
Who takes the money?
How do you manage small space

More questions;

Who takes the money?

I used to rent a room above a hair salon so I can't really help with your first or last questions.

I had my own cash box which I kept completely separate from the hair salons cash. It's much easier to do this as you know what's yours. I always took my own payments as well.
Rhiannon x

Am I the only one who finds basins VERY uncomfortable after a little while?? I've had waxing and tinting done at a basin before and my back and neck were killing me. Is there enough room for a screened off table?

Just wondered what you all do when you have no clients in.

More questions;

Who takes the money?

I have a little corner in a hair salon and I have to say I love it :)

Its literally just a corner lol with a reclining beauty chair, small manicure desk and 5 drawer storage unit. When the mani table isn't in use I turn it flush against the wall to provide a little extra space. The top of my drawers is home to my wax pot. I have a shelf above which is where I display my polishes/Shellac and store my white towels all rolled up so they look nice on display.

I take my own money, cash only. Have my own cash box and record every treatment/payment and tally it up at the end of the day to work out %.

I offer -
l&p / gel
Shellac
mani/pedi
Callus Peel
Facial waxing
Brow/lash tinting

When I'm quiet I man the reception desk, answer the phone, sweep floor, i'll even pass up rollers etc to the hairdressers because that way you end up chatting to them and their client and you'd be surprised how often that results in the client then booking an appointment with me either for a future date or immediately after their hair is done :)

Really throw yourself into it, be part of the whole team and you should really enjoy yourself and do well. Good luck!!

I work mobile so it's not always possible to have ppl lying down for treatments sometimes I can't fit my couch in the car or it won't fit in their house, some ppl don't like going on their sofas they want treatments in the kitchen were its easier to clean and their not worrying you just have to adapt and now I'm fine try practicing on some friends first x

Latest posts

Back