A day in the life of ....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
7am - get up, have tea, have fag, watch Sky news

8.02am - get train to Waterloo as I do every (swear, swear, swear) morning!:irked:

8.03am - fall asleep on train

9ish am - get to work, geek :green:

11am - have totally pointless meeting and end up wanting to kill all colleagues and stick pen in boss's eye:mad:

12.30pm - lunch, geek, have fag, phone hubby

1.00-4.20pm- geek, little bit of work, another meeting, big bit of work, geek, leave work as boss has gone early, have fag

4.42pm - get train, fall asleep immediately

5.20pm - get off train, go immediately to pub with hubby, have glass of wine, discuss new website with website designer mate and get v excited about getting out and doing nails again

6pm - go home, open wine,have fag, cook chilli, drink wine, have fag, watch telly (continue with last 3 activities until chilli is cooked)

8pm - eat chilli, drink wine, watch telly while hubby washes up, have fag, drink wine

10pm - realise nails look pants, so polish as too late to rebalance, finish wine, have fag

11pm - bath, clean teeth, bed

All glamour, isn't it? And I promise all the wine drinking isn't an everday occurence!:o

8AM Woken by elderley neighbour who forgot it was school hols and called to see if I was ok, I normally go and have a brew with him everymorning.
8.10 AM Made a drink, had a cig and geeked for a while

9AM Did some tidying round and loaded the washing in
9.30AM Went to see my gp who as now put me on a new hormone treatment to try and also said my blood pressure was raised again:eek:
10.15AM First client who wanted clear gel overlays and a bit of nail art well a few flicks was simple enough
11.30AM Came home and got the porsche out I mean iron and did the ironing
12AM Had dinner and spoke to my off site mates via the phone
1PM Went to my friends funeral who died last week the church was packed and there wasnt a dry eye the service was so moving:cry:
2PM Went to do one of my regs an infill only to discover she had snapped one off closing the car boot
3pm Came home geeked for a while then went up town with the kids and spend 30 minutes sat on a bench while they emptied argos lol
4PM Came home and did more housework oh and geeking

5PM Went to the chippy to get tea couldnt be bothered to cook today
5.45PM Went to mums to sort her tablets and meal out, and dropped my son off at BIL they are going to watch footy
7pm Got home came on the site, A good mate rang to see how I am and to thank me for all I have done to help her

8.30 got up etc. always have a quick geek with my breckie if i can. love school hols as i get a bit of a lye in.

9.40 went into studio and had a bit of a tidy and prepared for first client.

10. first client arrived. she had lost 2 nails because she had gone 5 weeks because of holidays. she had a red glitter fade with a small foral design hand painted in cream and black. also waxed her brows.

11.45 2nd client . she had her toenails filed and polished and painted in a checked pattern with rose pink and white and a thin black line to seperate the squares. she comes once a month and her toe polish always lasts really well. her mate comes too and they are quite competitive in their designs ! because of the jobs they do they are not allowed fingernails done, so pride themselves on their toes !

12.30 3rd client. 3 weekly client who always keeps her nails real nice. filed off a dark-light blue glitter fade and replaced with red-silver glitter fade. also waxed her brows and she purchased 2 pairs of the silver earrings i make as a gift.

2pm. half hour lunch and a bit o' geek.

2.30. another toenail client, the friend of the earlier lady. she chose a pale blue base with a white, cerise, orange and black floral design. it looked really tropical so now all we need is some sun to match.

3.15 another quick geek and prep for my 4 oclock lady

4pm. no show
4 .15, realise i did this lady last week coz she changed her appointment and i forgot to rub it out. derrr.

then i did something really naughty, that only those of us who work from home can do. i had a power nap !

4.50 told myself i had to be alert for 5pm client, but checked my diary and realised she was coming at 5.30. so unpacked some new stock and had a general tidy of my studio.

5.30 3 week client . 1 broken nail.
this client is a star performer, she has stopped biting her nails. when she started with me earlier this year, there was literally 4mm of natural nail to start with. with patience and determination she has now got some lovely nails.and they grow really fast. i filed off her turquoise glitter tips and red and black nail art as she now has to return to work after her holiday. she has now got french with a soft white with a tiny bit of sparkle. she misses her art but got told off at work.

6.45 last client. another fast grower, 3 weeks since her last treatment. removed green glitter on the free edge and wild floral nail art in orange and black.
shes just started work as a hairdresser and there is slight discolouring because she doesnt wear gloves and art is looking a bit tatty despite a gel topcoat. otherwise no problems.
today she chose aquamarine blue glitter for the tips and had a single nail painted with a design of black spirals.

8.15 cooked dinner

8.45 ate meal.

showered then back to geeking.

:)

8.00am up and out of bed - god I hate mornings
9.15am in salon - even though I don't work today - client going on holiday
don't want to turn down 1/2 leg, bikini, manicure, elt, ebt, ebs
12.00 Left salon to make my over to Southport to visit another geek
- took Tom Tom with me so I wouldn't get lost
12.30 Having ignored Tom Tom cause I thought I knew better - got lost
stopped on hard shoulder (naughty) to ring geek and tell her I was
lost - promptly got stopped by the Highways Agency - it could only
happen to me.
1.15 Arrived in Southport - had a gas and a brew
2.00pm Got myself a lovely new Calgel NNO -thanks Bev
5.30pm Left Southport to go back to Manchester
6.30pm Went to chippie for tea - mmmmmmm naughty but nice
then TV till bed at
11.00pm

6.30am-wake up spend half an hour convincing myself to get out of bed.
7.00am- put heater on in bathroom, make coffee & back to bed.
7.30am- Shower, dress etc put on a load of washing
8.00am- morning geek & make sure everything is ready for clients
8.45am-Chase daughter out of the house and up the road to school

9.00am- first client. Brow wax quick & easy, she's just back from holidays so we had a lovely chat
9.15am- manicure booked in but not here.
9.45am- rebalance booked in. 9.15 client shows up at the same time, got of the car & said to 9.45 client she was really angry. 9.45 freaked out, thought she'd done something wrong & was about to get told off:eek:. 9.15 then went on to complain about roadworks, 9.45 relaxed when she relised she wasn't in trouble and they had a giggle:lol:. 9.15 apoligised & paid me, she's too much of a lady to use naughty words about the roadworks.:hug:. Did the rebalance with to new nails, that she always seems to beak on the morning she's coming to see me.
11.00am- Another rebalance booked. She runs in & asks if she can be a few minutes late (no problem) because hubby's not well & couldn't look after new born baby:hug:. She quickly drops bub of with her mum & comes back. 1 nail chipped, no other problems, she chooses Barouque polish that I just bought last week & hadn't tried out yet. She loved it I loved YAY!
12.30pm- Repair booked in. Someone threw a frisbie at her & hit her nail. No show:mad:.
1.00pm- Repair client rings got held up & had no service on her phone, rescheduelled(sp) for tomorrow.

1.15pm- Go out to do some banking and pay some bills. Forget to put the money in the bank.:confused:
1.45pm- Go to help secretary of our soccer (football) club bag lollies for the canteen on the weekend. The canteen manager is away & we have a big day on Saturday & a Gala Day Sunday.
2.45pm-Go and order pies & sausage rolls for the canteen & try to sort out a mess with our account at the bakery:rolleyes:.
3.15pm- Pick up BF's 6 yr old daughter from school & take her to soccer training, meet my daughter at training.
3.30pm- Soccer coach turns up with hot chips, realise I haven't eaten all day & steal some of the kids chips.
5.30pm- Training is supposed to finish.
6.30pm- Training finishes. Go to drop of BF's daughter, my daughter has left her bag at soccer, go back & pick up bag.
7.00pm- Finally get home. Thank god I set the AC to come on it's freezing. Left overs for tea.
7.30pm- Have a quick geek & hand the computer over for homework time.
8.00pm- Sort out some accounts for soccer.
8.30pm- TV
11.00pm- Bed.

Oh my god i am so addicted too that game i loose hours on it with my second family lol!!!

thank goodness its not just me or snugglepuss debs is into it too......:lol:

ok yesterday ...

7am ... alarm wakes me up

7.30am ready & left for work

8.05am get to work, make tea, switch on PC & geek in quiet for a few minutes!

8.30am start work, been really quiet lately so I keep Geeking in between jobs!

12.00pm lunch ... geek & catch up on net til 1pm.

5.30pm finish work, jump in car & drive home

6.00pm stopped at Co-op to get supplies for tea

6.20pm get home, cook tea, wash dishes, put a few loads of washing in, feed & water animals.

7.30pm go out on farm, pressure wash new car carpets & hang to dry

8.00pm wonder round & search high & low for 2 wondering dogs

9.00pm found wondering dogs chasing rabbits ... get them home & watch BB til

10.00pm Go back on the farm & help paint caravan for the camping weekend next weekend.

11.30pm finish painting, go for a bath & in bed for 12.00am

Only just remembered this thread - I was ill when it was first posted!

Woke up at 5.22 when hubby left for work. Snoozed till 7.30. Shower and get ready for first client at 9. (kids got their own breakfast)

First client 9.00 Angie, French gel rebalance. Nice and simple, no lifting.

2nd client 10.30 Linda. Natural l&p rebalance. She chooses the same plummy shade as I have on my toes. Remove 1 nail as it's hanging off, the others are OK.

Bit of a break for a couple of hours, put washing in, put guinea pigs out in their run, various domestic chores (yawn)

3rd client: 2.00 New client. She had a new set applied 2 weeks ago (not by me) and they are badly lifted so the French l&p rebalance takes a while, but she is pleased with the result. They were very thick and there was a big ridge. I re-did the tips with white acrylic to give a more natural smile, the white tips that had been used gave a very extreme smile which looked very false.

3.30 Cup of tea! Kids watch TV till I kick them out of the lounge for my

4th client. 4.00 Heather. She is an old client but has had a break for a couple of months from nails. New set tips, natural l&p. I've already pre tailored a lot of my tips so it was very straightforward and quite quick. However my 5th client arrives 5 mins early so I politely apologies and ask her to wait in the car (thats only happened once before).

5h client: 5.00 Anita. Straightforward rebalance on natural l&p. She chooses a French polish to finish.

6.00 Geeking, get washing in, feed rabbit and guinea pigs (kids had sandwiches which I made for them earlier.)

I am so proud of my two girls. They have been absolute stars today. I haven't been able to spend much time with them and they have been brilliant. Will make up for it next week.

Hubby not yet home, about to start getting his tea. Several cups of tea are now in order for me, a bit more geeking then crashing out on the sofa. And an early night cos I have a lady in at 9 in the morning, followed by two mobile calls to my disabled ladies. (Wouldn't usually do Sundays but it fits in this week)

I love this thread, it makes really good reading.

Got up at 7am and popped Cadence in front of Cbeebies whilst making her breakfast, gave the Twins their bottles then had a cuppa with Dave.

Got all the kids ready and then had a bath, ironed my clothes and then we drove to my childminders to pay her the money I didn't pay her yesterday.

Went to ToysRUs to look at toys for Cadences birthday. Bought a couple of things but was disappointed. Got us all an Ice Cream then came home and went to Clarks and bought her some shoes. Then went to another shop and bought her some Crocs (I got some too!!!!).

Got home, fed all the children and decided I wanted to watch a DVD tonight, then remembered Dave had to dismantle it to remove the SKY card that Cadence had posted. We went to ASDA to get new DVD (£17 - am chuffed!).. then saw a computer desk for £25 WITH chair and bought that too, plus the new Adam Sandler movie (may aswell pay £12 for it because the fine in the video shop is twice that). Also bought Pasta bake and a Winnie the Pooh DVD.

Cadence threw tantrums in ASDA whilst we got evils from everyone in the self service check out as we struggled with the PC desk... then got into the car. On way home saw a minibus type thingy and went to look at it. It was filthy inside and I didn't like it, and part ex on our car offered was a joke.

Came home, put the DVD on for Cadence then Dave put the Pasta bake in. He put the PC table up and chair. Twins went to bed, Cadence went to bed and I am not sat on my lovely new chair at my new desk all alone whilst Dave watches TV.

Will put the new film on shortly, and am mentally drained thinking about how much I need to earn next week to cover the money I have spent on rubbish today :rolleyes:

Ok - my day was as follows (yesterday)

Woke up by hubby at 8.45am with a nice cuppa - hes so good to me in the mornings!!! Had a ciggie or two and dragged myself out of bed when I finally got the energy to open my eyes properly!

Got to my Salon at 9.20 - My lovely mum had opened up for me at 9.00am and had a quick tidy - grabbed a coffee :) Waved hubby goodbye to work.

First client at 9.30am, my best friends mum, had a good old natter and done her a lovely full set of extensions in Pink and white gel, her nails always look fab when they are finished, and she never has any probs with them! (just not great with keeping up with maintenance appts - so after about the 3rd infill she lets them go a bit and ends up picking at them) lol

Had to stop half way through for her to run out into the street and give her son some money to get his hair cut!

Next Client was a night worker, and rang to change her appt from 11.30 to 12.30 :) no probs.

11.15 - was starving hungry, so made a cuppa soup (tangy tomato - yum lol) and nipped out for a buttered roll, had a quick ciggie and spoke to hubby for a little while :green: Said bye to mum who had manned the reception for me all morning.

12.15 Next Client arrived - 12.30 - hubby arrives back from work, and covers reception (he really is a dream lol) client had infills on her french NNO - they had stayed looking great which is always nice to see, a nice amount of growth too, she left very pleased. Gave her 10% discount for referring another client to me who I had seen the day before for another french NNO :green: yay.

1.30 - after a good chat with my client about work etc another ciggie (I am really trying to quit, but its just not working lol) another coffee too, chat with hubby about marketing and plans for our next promo - ( yep - he helps with all that too!!)

2.45 - regular manicure client arrives with rather naughty grandson, who keeps asking 'Whats that?' - hands in my lamp, then complains he is starving - hubby gets him a biscuit - he doesnt like it (Marks and sparks cookies too!) - goes over to retail section and proceeds to pick up everything :irked: getting quite annoyed by this point - so grandma tells him to sit down and stop messing about! He sits on his chair - and then pulls the cushion out of it (it is detachable) Grrrrr..........I am trying to talk to my client and he is constantly speaking over me and her! What a nightmare!!!

Finished the manicure an hour and 20 mins later!!!!!!!! She chose Essie's Tea and Crumpets :) looked fab.

Booked in one client for a soak off for the nails I did for her wedding (Very pleased with them but only wanted them for her day and is now back from honeymoon)

Booked in two more full sets for next week :)

Closed up at 4.30 and headed home - hubby cooked dinner at 5.00 yum

washing up at 7.30, then tv, geeking a little along the way

9pm had a little dance around the apartment with hubby to my new hed kandi CD LOL!! speaking to my mate on the mob.

11pm shower then bed

Phew......

Latest posts

Back