A&E for tooth pain and abscess

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you got sorted Jordon. Untreated absess can kill you. Never had the misfortune of one myself thank god . Toothache yes and that was enough.
Thank you lovely [emoji4] I didn't know that [emoji15] x

Thank you lovely [emoji4] I didn't know that [emoji15] x

Yip. I watched an American TV show, about a pathologist, reconstructed autopsies. One guy was found dead at home. His skin down his neck to chest had started turning green. Eventually found that the cause was an absess he left untreated. Infection spread down into his chest and killed him.

Omg [emoji15] I saw one where a lady had a mouth ulcer? It got infected and turned gangrenous and she had to have large portions of her face cut off [emoji37] x

I'm glad you got it sorted. I had an abscess once and it was awful awful pain. I had to wait about 3 days to get into my dentist (I hadn't been in years and was terrified). Was such a relief when it was out!

I'm glad you got it sorted. I had an abscess once and it was awful awful pain. I had to wait about 3 days to get into my dentist (I hadn't been in years and was terrified). Was such a relief when it was out!
It felt better within minutes of it being out! It's so nasty. Still on the mend at the mo, still a bit sicky and still a bit sore but so much better x

The pain from an abscess is horrible. I've had 2. I used a home remedy to draw the abscess out from under my tooth into my gum to relieve the pain and pressure as couldn't be seen by a dentist soon enough it was that bad. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Glad you have got it sorted and wish you a speedy recovery.x

The pain from an abscess is horrible. I've had 2. I used a home remedy to draw the abscess out from under my tooth into my gum to relieve the pain and pressure as couldn't be seen by a dentist soon enough it was that bad. Wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Glad you have got it sorted and wish you a speedy recovery.x

Thank you so much lovely, I'm sorry you've had to do it twice! How did you draw it out? I'm really curious! X

Yes mouth infections are not fun!! I would hate to have an absess as I'm petrified of the dentist!! Glad you are on the mend!

Funny just seen this after spending last nite at the hospital with mi mum who had been to dentist earlier in day told she didnt have abscess then today had to have the tooth pulled and face drained
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1447542348.905006.jpg

Funny just seen this after spending last nite at the hospital with mi mum who had been to dentist earlier in day told she didnt have abscess then today had to have the tooth pulled and face drainedView attachment 192067

Her poor face! [emoji15] she must of been in so much pain! Did they not X-ray her mouth to see if there was anything there? X

The dentist did xray , said no abscess hospital said abscess wouldnt show on an xray and then did another one themselves[emoji15][emoji15] she was hoping to be out today but temp n blood pressure sky high this morning n they thought they might have to take her to theatre again but are leaving her till tomoz now so shes still in hospital [emoji22][emoji22]

Thank you so much lovely, I'm sorry you've had to do it twice! How did you draw it out? I'm really curious! X

With a mix of bicarb and salt on a cotton ball next to the tooth. It was vile but it worked. I tried everything, even chewing raw garlic which was the worst! I was constantly dosed up on codeine and nurofen.

Yeah twice, just really unlucky with my teeth since having children.

The dentist did xray , said no abscess hospital said abscess wouldnt show on an xray and then did another one themselves[emoji15][emoji15] she was hoping to be out today but temp n blood pressure sky high this morning n they thought they might have to take her to theatre again but are leaving her till tomoz now so shes still in hospital [emoji22][emoji22]
Really? The dentist showed me a black shadow on my X-ray and said that was the abscess. I hope she gets better soon! She must be so distressed x

With a mix of bicarb and salt on a cotton ball next to the tooth. It was vile but it worked. I tried everything, even chewing raw garlic which was the worst! I was constantly dosed up on codeine and nurofen.

Yeah twice, just really unlucky with my teeth since having children.

I've heard a lot of ladies get massive issues with their teeth when pregnant!
I've been gargling salt loads to get the socket to heal it seems to be taking forever and there's still a little pain and swelling [emoji51] I've learnt my lesson! Always go to your dentist appointment haha! X

I've heard a lot of ladies get massive issues with their teeth when pregnant!
I've been gargling salt loads to get the socket to heal it seems to be taking forever and there's still a little pain and swelling [emoji51] I've learnt my lesson! Always go to your dentist appointment haha! X

Think that's why dental treatment is free while pregnant and til baby is 1. Had terrible bleeding gums when pregnant. Very common apparently.

Think that's why dental treatment is free while pregnant and til baby is 1. Had terrible bleeding gums when pregnant. Very common apparently.

That's awful [emoji26] I've been reading loads of articles about people now treating dental work as a 'luxury' as they can't justify spending the money until something does go very wrong [emoji26] x

That's awful [emoji26] I've been reading loads of articles about people now treating dental work as a 'luxury' as they can't justify spending the money until something does go very wrong [emoji26] x

It's sooo expensive to have work done!

It's sooo expensive to have work done!
I know [emoji17] I have to go back and have more things done with the area so hey ho God knows hat they're going to do/ what it will cost x

Latest posts

Back