A few Gellux questions :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skippy87

Reaction score
Morning Geeks

I was wondering if i get a client that has quite short/bitten nails and they want gellux over their natural nails how do i go about capping the free edge? Obviously if i cant cap the free edge the polish is not going to last the full 15 days. :rolleyes: so what would i do about it?

Also if a client wants nail art can do the art using the gel polish and my striper/dotting tool and can i also do art using normal nail polish over the gel polish after it has been cured?

Anyone????? :sad:

I don't use the same product, so can't help in that respect.

However in response to your first question, I believe that the reason you seal the free edge when using gel polishes is not so that it lasts longer, but rather to give a more professional look and to stop excess shrinkage when you cure.
If not sealing the free edge caused the product to not last, then ourselves and our clients would run into problems when we filed our nail length down (removing the seal in the process) as part of our home maintenance.

Anyway, I'm not able to post the link for you at the moment, but if you look at FingerNailFixer on YouTube, she has a few videos on sealing the edge of teeny nails (done with shellac, but same principle).

You could also try slipping a scultping form onto the finger, and using it to prevent getting gel on the skin when sealing short nails x

I

Latest posts

Back