A few MMA questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracysnails

Reaction score
I have just gained a new client who has been going to a local 'MMA' salon. As well as telling me the 'typical' horror stories, she mentioned a few things that, although I've heard them mentioned before, I don't really understand :oops: :? .

Can anyone tell me why, once the acrylic has been applied, they put it under a 'heat lamp'?
Why her natural nails went yellow underneath the product?

I have been trying to find out as much about MMA as possible but can't find anything covering my two questions.

Any help would be much appreciated as she is in her element asking questions after going somewhere were they don't speak english. Also I want to educate this client (and my others) about MMA as much as possible :)

Can anyone tell me why, once the acrylic has been applied, they put it under a 'heat lamp'?

Hmmm, either your client is confused about the process and step (i.e. she may have set her enamel under a lamp and thought it helped the application), the tech is confused (i.e. thinking a lamp helps with the process), or the teck didnt use MMA.

MMA will cure from the initiator and catalyst within the powder. The heat produced from the mix will be more than enough to cure it unless there is some new product I am unaware of.

The yellowing can be from any number of things, but most likely it is the beginings of a bacterial infection on the natural nail.

Can you find out what brands/products were used?

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back