A few questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisole

Reaction score
Hello geeks :)

I have a few questions and matters that i really would need some advice since i am still new to this, so i am gonna try and cram them all on these post :)

My first issue is that i have a client whose nails do not keep nail polish without chipping not even a whole day, i have tried using different brands of polish, different bottom coats and different top coats, the next day it was already broken and she told me that this happens whenever she does her nails as well, i tried using a uv top coat that gets cured under lamp still same results, i know she has hormonal issues and generally very oil skin which could be the reason for this, i could probably use soak off gel to get it to last but she wants polish and she also refuses to have her nail filed at all on the nail plate to remove excess oil, best she lets me do is buff it a bit, so any advice on how i could make her polish last longer is very appreciated.

The second question i want to ask is when doing gel nails how many do you do at the same time and cure together? i have seen from myself that if i try to do 2 nails together by the time i have finished the 2nd nail the other one is about to start running on the sides or has already run some, but doing each coat in each nail separately and curing takes too much time, so what can i do to improve on that?

And for my last question, i like doing a lot of nail art on gel nails and on acrylic nails, i try when on gel nails to use only gel but some of the designs and things and colors i need can not be done with that so i usually prefer to do my designs with acrylic paint, my issues here is what should i top coat the gel or acrylic nails with so that my designs survive for at least almost as much as the nail? i have been taught that when using a lot of paint or nail polish you can not top it off with gel cause that will not last, but toping it off with just polish top coat still wont let the design last long, i have been told to try uv top coat but that it still wont last long, what can i use to help my designs last longer?

Thank you to whoever answers any of my questions :)

What brand gel are you using? I use ASP and its so super runny i can only do 2 nails at a time. Im going to change my system to CND. I keep my ASP in the fridge so as to slow the consistency down for the time being and also when i do the two nails i turn the clients hand over for 5 seconds to let gravity pull the gel out to level and fill the apex.
Hth xx

You could flash cure each nail for 10 seconds or so before starting the next, then cure all 4 together at the end ? Thumbs last again flash cure one then do the other and cure both together. It does save on gel spreading and rushing through getting the second one done and wasting so much time doing a full cure 5 times. It shaves at least three minutes off your curing time hths, I would say the client whose nail varnosh doesn't last has oily nail plates. Have you tried scrubbing them with a good quality nail dehydrator before you polish?

Not all my gels are runny, i use akzentz for structure gel and it doesn't run at all, but i also have a nubar top coat that i got to top my acrylic nails, which is as runny as it gets and my gelish gels also seem runny to me, so you do for example the index finger then let it upside down for a few seconds and then turn it over and do middle finger and cure them together? I do remember my teacher doing that in class but to get a high arch and to let the gel settle, i will try it though, thank you :)

You could flash cure each nail for 10 seconds or so before starting the next, then cure all 4 together at the end ? Thumbs last again flash cure one then do the other and cure both together. It does save on gel spreading and rushing through getting the second one done and wasting so much time doing a full cure 5 times. It shaves at least three minutes off your curing time hths, I would say the client whose nail varnosh doesn't last has oily nail plates. Have you tried scrubbing them with a good quality nail dehydrator before you polish?

i am going to try flash cure as well it does seem like a good idea i doubt i ll manage to do all 4 fingers though and i always try to do thumb separately, i have tried a dehydrator and still nothing but i don't think the one i had was very good, i will try to get a different one, any good brands for suggestion?

i am going to try flash cure as well it does seem like a good idea i doubt i ll manage to do all 4 fingers though and i always try to do thumb separately, i have tried a dehydrator and still nothing but i don't think the one i had was very good, i will try to get a different one, any good brands for suggestion?

Try the one from Sweet Squared that the shellac techs use, is it Nailfresh or scrubfresh? I am sure someone will put me straight in a minute,:biggrin:

If you do the little finger, turn over for gravity to get the arch formed then turn back quickly and straight under the lamp 10 seconds, then the ring finger the same for 10 seconds, then the next and ending on the index finger, no need to flash cure the index finger as all 4 then go under the lamp for the full time. Same for the other hand and thumbs last. Do one, do upside down then flash cure then do other thumb and full cure time together. I sometimes pop the finger under the lamp still upside down when the gel is very runny for a couple of seconds before turning back over.

Thank you i am gonna do as you describe net chance i get :)

Latest posts

Back