a good fake tan for face?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

purplelady

Reaction score
just out of interest does anyone know of a good fake tan for the face that doesnt go patchy, block pores etc? Iive just chanel and lancolm but with no luck, its just for my personal use I find all spray tans used on my face make me break out... ?x

Hi there

Vani-t have a personal spray tan item for home retail.
Miss Vani-t from the site will be able to help you out.
Ask about the Body Custard, a moisturizer that builds a nice tan also

HtH

XX J XX

I use Estee Lauder .. face tanner .. the white one .. not the tinted formula .. its about 17 squids .. but ACE !!! good luck x

Tantrick also have a fabulous home line tanning product ideal for topping up hands and face between tans. It contains 8% DHA and goes on beautifully. I am making sure I have some in my suitcase when I go on holiday next month.

Excert taken from their website -

karma spray your skin, revive your tan
self tan - in a can

The Ultimate Self Tanning Solution. Take with you on holidays or just use on face and hands between salon visits. . . a perfect blend of natural ingredients to enhance your sunless tan.

I don't use fake tan, never have, so can't tell you what is good or not.

BUT, you are best off getting samples from the companies.

What suits your skin wont necessarily be the one that suits the other Geeks.

Everyone on here will post and tell you what company THEY use, which might not suit you.

I don't use fake tan, never have, so can't tell you what is good or not.

BUT, you are best off getting samples from the companies.

What suits your skin wont necessarily be the one that suits the other Geeks.

Everyone on here will post and tell you what company THEY use, which might not suit you.

You are quite right CandenceAlex ... but what else could we recommend appart from the product we are 100% confident with. I have used other company's products too in the past - not all of them to be honest, but I have tried one or two of the leading brands and I know how they compare with Tantrick which I currently use on my clients. Now I have constant returning clients, not just one off's and that counts a lot to me. In 18 months I have not had ONE complaint of an 'orange' or streaky tan, but I was trained by the best lol!!!

It's not always best to go for the cheap option.. I learned by this mistake and it cost me more in the long run as I had to buy twice. Now when ever I can, I buy quality products the first time around and quality doesnt always mean the most expensive either I have found!

You are quite right CandenceAlex ... but what else could we recommend appart from the product we are 100% confident with. I have used other company's products too in the past - not all of them to be honest, but I have tried one or two of the leading brands and I know how they compare with Tantrick which I currently use on my clients. Now I have constant returning clients, not just one off's and that counts a lot to me. In 18 months I have not had ONE complaint of an 'orange' or streaky tan, but I was trained by the best lol!!!

It's not always best to go for the cheap option.. I learned by this mistake and it cost me more in the long run as I had to buy twice. Now when ever I can, I buy quality products the first time around and quality doesnt always mean the most expensive either I have found!

Who mentioned anything about the cheap option???? Aren't you aware that most tanning solutions are made by the same pharmaceutical company??? And I am not saying that Tantrick do this (I know that they don't) but what is good for one, is not necessarily good for the other.

We could all tell the original poster to go use what we all use... what advice is that? It's not good advice in my opinion.

Good training will also make a huge difference in product application. In fact, it is THE difference. We could all go out and buy Tantrick solution or anything else, but if we're not trained to apply it properly... ALL solutions will look s**t. That is not down to the solution being rubbish, but down to the person using it.

Same with nails and most things in life. I could use Creative products but could not turn out Creative nails :lol:

Couture have a great product for face and body, it has a spf 15 and a small amount of DHA to build your tan gradually its called SUNSHIELD we also have BRONZE INTENSIFIER which is a moisturiser with DHA that will do the same thing, these products have no guide colour so wont block pores, we do a tanning gel and a spray tan in a can but these have a guide colour in them so if its open pores your worried about go with the creams, if I were you I would ask for samples, try them for yourself and see what you prefer

Debbie Easter
Creative Nail Academy Manchester
Couture Tanning

I use st tropez on myself and clients, I think the cream is best as it lasts longer than the spray (best to exfoliate and moisturise first)

As JNail has mentioned Vani-T produce two products which can be used on the face. If you want an instant look then use the personal bronzing mist (8% DHA), apply onto a cosmetic sponge and then gently apply to the face or there is the Body Custard which has 3% DHA and contains marine collagen extract which is very moisturising and soothing Calendula, Aloe Vera and powerful antioxidants green tea and Vit E.

Latest posts

Back