A good starter kit for practice....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

bama_whirly

Reaction score
hi ladies

i'm doing my course this week and i have the option of purchasing a starter kit from my trainer (although i have a list of products included they don't mention brands) but i was wondering if maybe i should look around online for one myself?

i keep coming across the star nails ones (i have looked through the forums but everything on star nails seems to be old info) and they look nice and seem to have plenty of things in to get me going but i was hoping you might have some suggestions of others that might be nice to try? or should i just purchase the one from my training so i can get going and start practicing on unsuspecting members of my family asap?!

many thanks!

p.s i've got to say that as i haven't started yet that all the forum talk is making my head boggle! please tell me everything will become clear after i've done my course, haha!

geeg

Judge Gigi-Honorary Geek
Reaction score
hi ladies

i'm doing my course this week and i have the option of purchasing a starter kit from my trainer (although i have a list of products included they don't mention brands) but i was wondering if maybe i should look around online for one myself?

i keep coming across the star nails ones (i have looked through the forums but everything on star nails seems to be old info) and they look nice and seem to have plenty of things in to get me going but i was hoping you might have some suggestions of others that might be nice to try? or should i just purchase the one from my training so i can get going and start practicing on unsuspecting members of my family asap?!

many thanks!

p.s i've got to say that as i haven't started yet that all the forum talk is making my head boggle! please tell me everything will become clear after i've done my course, haha!

Use what you are training with and get what you need form your trainer is my advice. Plenty of time to look around later (much later) when you have used up your training things.

bama_whirly

Reaction score
Use what you are training with and get what you need form your trainer is my advice. Plenty of time to look around later (much later) when you have used up your training things.

then that is what i shall do! :)

mum

Reaction score
Good trainers are usually proud of the brand they use to teach with. It's strange yours is keeping it a secret!

Is it a course that, once qualified, you can get insured? I'm sure you've read on here about training courses so I hope it isn't a course of a couple of days only.

These are just words of warning and not a criticism of you. A lot of people waste a lot of money by taking the wrong course at the beginning then having to spend more than necessary

bama_whirly

Reaction score
Good trainers are usually proud of the brand they use to teach with. It's strange yours is keeping it a secret!

Is it a course that, once qualified, you can get insured? I'm sure you've read on here about training courses so I hope it isn't a course of a couple of days only.

These are just words of warning and not a criticism of you. A lot of people waste a lot of money by taking the wrong course at the beginning then having to spend more than necessary

it is only a course for a couple of days but as i mentioned in another thread, i found the course under the list of accredited training schools on the guild website, and it is also accredited by babtac on their website also. i presumed that this meant the course was of an acceptable standard, since it is accredited by both.

Latest posts