A July return!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. Can I just say.....I’m closing my salon that I’ve built up over the last 6 half years. It’s bought me nothing but stress, i now walk around with relaxed shoulders and a feeling of lightness. I’m setting up from home in a purpose built outbuilding and i cant wait. Ill choose the clients i want to come with me,have no stress from staff and no overheads. You can do whatever you want and nows the time to do it x good luck.

Absolutely this. I've been having the exact same dilemma whether to keep my salon open or convert my spare room to a treatment room and just pick and choose who and what I do. Staff has been a big thing on my mind - all it takes is for one member of staff to develop a cough and then they will be off self isolating, the other members of staff (and myself) will have been at risk and of course, any clients that have been in the salon. That would likely result in having to temporarily close again and I can't keep doing that.
Also, I've REALLY not been missing my 30 minute drive to work!
However, I am slightly scared that not enough of my clients will want to come to my home for their treatments for me to make a living but as you said, with no overheads it's a lot less pressure than being on the high street. I also feel that I can justify that my clients that used to come to me for the salon experience won't be getting that if I were to reopen my salon anyway as drinks, chatter, and the relaxing setting just won't be there anymore.

I work from home and just completed my first year at the start of lockdown. I’ve done very well and it’s been totally worthwhile. I’m lucky to have a spare downstairs room and loo right at the front door so clients don’t need to come through my house. It’s been very successful and I’m in a village with 2 actual salons in it. I’ve been pleasantly surprised. Making good profit in my first year too.

Just a quick question, regarding waxing do you think a plastic couch cover would be ok as long as it’s thoroughly sanitised afterwards or do you think I should try & get disposable ones?
Yes. We have used the protective covers for 16 years in waxing. We have spares too. They are also regularly steam cleaned. Sanitise between clients. Let’s be mindful of the environmental issues with disposable plastic sheets. Good luck to all the salons returning July 4th, we are waiting for a date to be announced in Scotland

We are an Elemis salon and they have emailed all their guidelines for a reduced menu of treatments along with treatment protocols for therapists. I am confident in returning to facial treatments with these in place. It’s maybe worth looking to your product range for suggested guidelines. Nouveau Lashes have an online course too which is free and very informative with short videos. I think when we return facial waxing etc will be possible. I truly hope a vaccine is on the horizon. Sending you all bright beautiful blessings as we emerge from splendid isolation

I’ve been working from home for about 3 years and absolutely love it. I’ve had my daughter go to comp this year and my little boy is 5 so am able to help them with schools etc as well as keep busy enough. I did worry about not feeling like I got out of the house enough but with kids it’s feels like we don’t stop anyway so that’s helped! I’m looking forward to reopening but obviously not having the overheads, staff etc has made this lockdown allot less stressful. I’d tell anyone to go for it. Clients always happy to come here, and I’m considering moving into the garage temporarily at the minute when I reopen. It won’t be as nice as the space I already have but I know clients will be happy with it under the circumstances xxx

I feel like today is going to be a tough day. I woke up to two messages from clients asking to book for the week of the 4th July, as if it's already confirmed. Watching the news this morning, it feels like the media is putting a lot of pressure on Boris to announce that our industry will reopen on the 4th. If that is the outcome later today, I expect my phone to blow up with messages from clients and staff. And the thought of it makes me want to bury my head in the sand. Or chuck my phone out of the window!
I love my job and I want to feel excited about getting back to it but at the moment I just feel anxious.

I feel like today is going to be a tough day. I woke up to two messages from clients asking to book for the week of the 4th July, as if it's already confirmed. Watching the news this morning, it feels like the media is putting a lot of pressure on Boris to announce that our industry will reopen on the 4th. If that is the outcome later today, I expect my phone to blow up with messages from clients and staff. And the thought of it makes me want to bury my head in the sand. Or chuck my phone out of the window!
I love my job and I want to feel excited about getting back to it but at the moment I just feel anxious.
I am mobile beauty & I haven’t got hardly anything ready yet. Until I have everything ready I won’t be going back. If clients aren’t happy, go elsewhere. I’ll contact them when i’m ready. I don’t feel the passion for my job anymore sadly.
Had a client email yesterday saying “when can you come?” No please, which really cheeses me off. I said I haven’t a date yet. “Oh, I thought you would be the same as hairdressers”. Again, even they’re not confirmed. All media or government have been saying is hairdressers opening though, nothing been mentioned about beauty.

I feel the same, completely overwhelmed, expecting my phone to go crazy tomorrow, had loads of messages already asking when they can book.
I’m a mobile therapist and just did a pedicure on my mum (who I’m living with) running through how it will work now and wearing my visor. After an hour it was putting so much pressure on my forehead I was getting a headache and I just wanted to finish the treatments as soon as possible
It makes me feel better I’m not the only one feeling this way

Does the opening of hairdressers and barbers cover beauty and nails treatments?

Does the opening of hairdressers and barbers cover beauty and nails treatments?

I'm currently watching the announcement and I'm not sure... hairdressers to open but spas are not to. So where do we fall? A quick look at all the online news outlets and they're all saying different re beauty salons/nail bars. So, no one knows for certain methinks!

I know, I don’t know what it means, the sun and mirror and announced nail and beauty to remain closed but you don’t know if that means anything. The telegraph said that there was a ‘u-turn’ to be announced in regards to the beauty industry. It’s so annoying having to have to ask for clarification every time our industry is involved. What an absolute joke.

I know, I don’t know what it means, the sun and mirror and announced nail and beauty to remain closed but you don’t know if that means anything. The telegraph said that there was a ‘u-turn’ to be announced in regards to the beauty industry. It’s so annoying having to have to ask for clarification every time our industry is involved. What an absolute joke.
Unfortunately nails bars to remain closed

I back at college on 15th July for intimate waxing, so a, hoping thy know a date that's not been announced yet.

Screenshot_20200623-131848_Daily%20Mail%20Online.jpeg

Unfortunately nails bars to remain closed

Thank you I missed him say it I didn’t turn the tv on in time [emoji26]

And so the madness begins .. I want to turn my phone off already o_O

I’m relieved for myself that beauty services can not return yet.
Good luck to all the hairdressers!!

I wonder when it will next be reviewed and how much notice we will get?
I've had a couple of messages from clients asking if I've heard the good news this afternoon? I've replied that it's great hairdressers can reopen but that isn't the same advice for my work. Either they've not been paying attention to the news or they've seen how disgusting my hair looks and agree that I'm in desperate need!

I wonder when it will next be reviewed and how much notice we will get?
I've had a couple of messages from clients asking if I've heard the good news this afternoon? I've replied that it's great hairdressers can reopen but that isn't the same advice for my work. Either they've not been paying attention to the news or they've seen how disgusting my hair looks and agree that I'm in desperate need!
Hahah!! Funny! Mine is also a disgrace! I totally agree that people aren’t reading the full story! I only do beauty and have had endless messages for appointments this afternoon! It’s exhausting... x

Latest posts

Back