A July return!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve messaged everyone before they’ve had a chance too!

Apparently another announcement coming today regarding salons Adjustments.JPG

Good evening I was wondering who had provisionally booked ppl in to their beauty salons thinking we would run along side hair salons ? Iv got booking and in sure what to do ? I’m guessing move every one 3 weeks later ? Xx

Good evening I was wondering who had provisionally booked ppl in to their beauty salons thinking we would run along side hair salons ? Iv got booking and in sure what to do ? I’m guessing move every one 3 weeks later ? Xx
I didn’t book anyone in specifically for this reason as there was no guarantee even hairdressers would open on the 4th so beauty wouldn’t open then either.
I think they do a review every 4 weeks now so i’m guessing 4 weeks from today will be another review then we may get a 2 week notice from then, but who knows, it could be longer.
I think they’re testing the waters with hairdressers.

I didn’t book anyone in specifically for this reason as there was no guarantee even hairdressers would open on the 4th so beauty wouldn’t open then either.
I think they do a review every 4 weeks now so i’m guessing 4 weeks from today will be another review then we may get a 2 week notice from then, but who knows, it could be longer.
I think they’re testing the waters with hairdressers.
Exactly the same here. A few regulars wore me down and now I’m just saying nope you will all have to wait coz it’s doing my head in having to rearrange over and over again. I think best to just cancel and wait personally... we could be ages if all the pubs etc cause a second spike?! X

I did and I’m glad I did as I’ve hit many booked in. I announced today that I’d leave them in the book as they are but will bump them forward to the week we are allowed to open. Same day, same time, different week. But I will confirm with them that they are still able to attend the same time/day in that week. There’s been no issue with my clients. They all understand. It’s good to know roughly how busy you will or won’t be when you first open your doors. I work from home.

British beauty council just posted this...

BREAKING NEWS (as if we needed any more today! )

Just received this from Government at 9.53pm in response to our concern over today’s statement :

‘Just got clearance to publish the guidance so we will be working overnight to get it on to gov.uk.

Hopefully that will settle the issue of who can begin working on 4 July and who must remain closed.’

British beauty council just posted this...

BREAKING NEWS (as if we needed any more today! )

Just received this from Government at 9.53pm in response to our concern over today’s statement :

‘Just got clearance to publish the guidance so we will be working overnight to get it on to gov.uk.

Hopefully that will settle the issue of who can begin working on 4 July and who must remain closed.’
They said hairdressers can open but beauty couldn’t reopen yet so if they backtrack on that, that’s going to be a major pain!

I did and I’m glad I did as I’ve hit many booked in. I announced today that I’d leave them in the book as they are but will bump them forward to the week we are allowed to open. Same day, same time, different week. But I will confirm with them that they are still able to attend the same time/day in that week. There’s been no issue with my clients. They all understand. It’s good to know roughly how busy you will or won’t be when you first open your doors. I work from home.

Thanku that’s great xx I work from home too and was thinking to so the same xxx

Exactly the same here. A few regulars wore me down and now I’m just saying nope you will all have to wait coz it’s doing my head in having to rearrange over and over again. I think best to just cancel and wait personally... we could be ages if all the pubs etc cause a second spike?! X
Exactly, rearranging dozens of clients over & over is stressful. They don’t have the bother of having to ring/text everyone up each time the date gets pushed back. Just wait for a confirmed date. I know if we were told we could start work tomorrow, I could ring several clients up today & have a full day or two booked quickly.

Last edited:
This has just been posted on gov website. States towards the bottom they hope to reopen other close contact services at the end of july. So possibly beauty then.
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/opening...ign=govuk-notifications&utm_content=immediate
Edited - very strange, when I saw this link on Facebook it said end of July but now had been changed to as soon a possible.

It’s so confusing the beauty council ended up posting this:
Email from BEIS at 9.56pm and just incase there is any confusion.

‘Just to emphasise it is only hairdressing that will be allowed. Everything else including nails, make-up, eyebrows, eyelashes, waxing, etc are not allowed.’ Safer Workplaces Directorate Business Energy and Industrial Strategy.”

I find it so stressful! I know some people are disappointed but I just don’t think they see the bigger picture

It’s so confusing the beauty council ended up posting this:
Email from BEIS at 9.56pm and just incase there is any confusion.

‘Just to emphasise it is only hairdressing that will be allowed. Everything else including nails, make-up, eyebrows, eyelashes, waxing, etc are not allowed.’ Safer Workplaces Directorate Business Energy and Industrial Strategy.”

I find it so stressful! I know some people are disappointed but I just don’t think they see the bigger picture
It’s so true, they don’t understand that beauty is so in your face at times. I know if i’m doing a lip wax or eyebrow wax, i’m sooooo close making sure i’ve got all the hair lol. Clients with poor mobility or no space to set up a nail table, i’m practically sitting on their lap doing their nails!
True, masks & visors will definitely help limit any transmission but it will still be stressful

Here's a link to the full guidance (42 pages!) for those who haven't seen it yet:
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/working-safely-during-coronavirus-covid-19/close-contact-services
I haven’t had a chance to read all of it yet but what i’ve heard they’ve just said wear a visor, no mask???? So people HAVE to wear a mask on public transport but therapists who are centimetres infront of a clients face don’t!
I’m hoping that people have sense & wear as much PPE as possible, they are only guidelines after all.

I haven’t had a chance to read all of it yet but what i’ve heard they’ve just said wear a visor, no mask???? So people HAVE to wear a mask on public transport but therapists who are centimetres infront of a clients face don’t!
I’m hoping that people have sense & wear as much PPE as possible, they are only guidelines after all.

Public transport people may be squashed up close and in confined hot areas with no fresh air. I’d think a visor would be fine. It will protect the other person from a sneeze or sudden cough if they sneeze or cough. I have both but it’s very hot behind a mask all day especially holding a conversation.

Are mobile hairdressers allowed to return to work now?

The bit I read said clients don’t have to wear masks, I know the visor must protect us to an extent but I’d like to feel the client is wearing a face covering to help protect me too

Latest posts

Back