A levels/home/online courses anyone done this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hi all :)

Hope you lovely bunch can give me some information, I want to do an A level course in business studies, the reason is that I want to do it for myself, gain a qualification and hopefully learn lots that can help me in my future.

Been scowering the net as you do and there's quite a few that offer it so has anyone done these types of courses online at home and how have you found them? Also it's quite hard trying to figure out how much study time you should give a week....and costs as you have to pay for your own exam etc etc

And I keep seeing AS A2 level, is this the same as an A level? I assume things have changed a lot since I left school lol thanks in advance for any help xxxx

From what I know from my brother finishing his a levels this year.. 'AS' is your first year of a levels and 'A2' is your second year of a levels to get a full a Level you have to do both the as and a2 xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Ahhh i see!!! Ok that's really helpful thank you for that :) so I can now assume I have a two year course to do at home. Is your brother doing his at home or school/college?

His was done in school 6 form but Im pretty sure its the same whichever eay you do it xx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Another tick for the Open University. Their courses have been designed for learning at home and they provide really good support.

Another tick for the Open University. Their courses have been designed for learning at home and they provide really good support.

I second that - highly recommended!

And they offer access courses in many subject areas.

Paul

Great thanks geeks. The open uni sounds good but I'm on a budget, the online ones are dear enough plus I have to pay to sit the exams, I would imagine the open uni fee would include that but surely they will cost a lot more??

Last edited:
Another vote for the OU here x

I'm going to say you should go with OU too. I'm in the middle of studying BA(Hons) Criminology and Psychological Studies with them and I honestly think it's better than the courses I did at college. They provide loads of support when you need it. You can apply for a government loan so you don't have to pay for the course yet. You only start paying when you earn over £21,000 or, if you already do earn this much, you start paying four years after the course finishes (I think, don't take my word on that last bit). You don't need to pay any extra for exams or supplies, you get all text books with the course. There are few courses that have recommended books that you buy yourself but you don't HAVE to buy them.

They're worth looking at anyway and they do loads of different courses, including Business ones. :)

ahhh no this is sounding very appealing!! brilliant thank u geeks ill have a little gander at the website and check out my options :)

Latest posts

Back