A little advice please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linzi

Reaction score
Hiya,

I quite fancy working on the steiner cruise ships. What I wanna know is, has anyone done this before? If so, do you have any advice?

Thanks in advance,
Linzi

Hi Linzi

There have been a couple of posts about working on the ships before - I think Geeg said something about steiner using Creative training???

I'll do a search and see if I can find the posts

brb

Thank you Trin, it was a good link, xx

The only thing that worries me is the length of the contracts (8 months!).

I quite fancied this a while back but, when I had the info come through and I saw how fast your treatment times had to be .... added to the fact that someone told me that the cabins you share are miniscule to the point of ridiculous, I quickly gave up on the idea. Think I may have looked into it a little further though had I been a bit younger ... let us know how you get on with it, I still find the idea interesting!

linzi said:
Thank you Trin, it was a good link, xx

The only thing that worries me is the length of the contracts (8 months!).

8 months is nothing - blimey we're at then end of April already, seems like Christmas was only last week, we're 4 months into this year already!!

Go for it, if you have no committments at home to hold you back then you have nothing to lose and everything to gain :D

It will be hard work by all accounts, and the cabins are small and you have to share, but what an experience to remember

At least call up and get the details you don't have to go just because you enquired

Trin
xx

Yep i agree with Trin - what are you waiting for.

In this life our regrets are about stuff we didn't do not things we did.

I would if I were younger for defintie.

Hi Linzi,

I agree with everybody else, give it a go.

I used to work as hostess to tons of celebrities on a five star train in South Africa for about 6 months. I woke up at 5.30 every moning and in bed at 12.30 at night. Our hair, dress and make-up has to be impeccable. Our rooms .... well :irked:... to give you an idea if I bent over to tie my shoe laces my forehead would hit my basin, my bum would hit my cupboard behind me and there wouldn't be enough space to spread my arms to tie my laces and I'm not even 5ft tall. There was barely any light so doing make-up was a challenge and a half for me which it's never been. Our rooms were rediculous BUT this never put me off, I was earning brilliant money and seeing some amazing sights, at the end of the day all I wanted was my bed and we had breakfast, lunch and dinner in the dining coaches so we didn't eat in our rooms.

Linzi, I wouldn't do it again but would definatley highly recommend the experience. I had the time of my life!! You don't even notice the size of your room or the length of the journey after 2 days!!! :wink2:

GO FOR IT!!!!

xxxx

Go for it. What an experience to be able to travel. Yes it will be hard work but you will be doing something you enjoy and get to meet lots of different people. On days off it would be popping into a different country for a look round and not just popping off into your local town centre. If I were a few years younger with no ties I would be there like a shot. With regards to the rooms being small - so what - you are only sleeping in it - how much room do you want?????

Get the information you need then you can make an informed decision. Good luck :)

I really fancied doing this a couple of years ago, then I opened my salon so it's too late for me. Go for it before it's too late! Even if you hate it, you are done in 8 months, it isn't a long time. I'll bet you'd make some fantastic friends and have some great experiences along the way.

Hiya,

I've asked them to send me an information pack, the lady was very nice and said I should receive it in the next week.

I wonder what paul will make of it all? Suppose I don't really want to know.

Latest posts

Back