A little bit of nail help needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peanut butter

Reaction score
Hi. I am a cosmetologist, but admittedly, do not have much experience with nails. During the quarantine, I smashed one of my natural nails while cleaning and it is split through the middle with a chip on the top curving inward. I used to get my nails done with acrylics and have a nail appointment next week as my salon has finally opened up (hooray) but I am skeptical about getting them put back on, because I am a little anxious everything will shut again and my nails were a DISASTER when I took off my acrylics myself. I don't want a replay. lol Is there anything a nail tech can do to mend this little deformed nail and apply some gel so they grow out for 3-4 weeks? This way, when I return I can get basic manis or gel polish.

THANKS. :)

You could ask them if they do silk repairs with a soak off gel. That would assist until the split grows out and removal of a soak off gel is relatively easy.
Keep the nail short and trimmed.
Good luck x

You could ask them if they do silk repairs with a soak off gel. That would assist until the split grows out and removal of a soak off gel is relatively easy.
Keep the nail short and trimmed.
Good luck x
Great idea! Thanks so much. I’m looking for something that lasts about 3-4 weeks though. How long would this last?

Great idea! Thanks so much. I’m looking for something that lasts about 3-4 weeks though. How long would this last?
It should last until it grows out or is removed.

It should last until it grows out or is removed.
Wow!! You’re the best. And how do you remove them in case I have to do so at home?

you are most welcome.
If I didn't live the other side of the world I would offer to do it for you, lol.
For easy removal at home ask them to use soak off gel with the silk and remove like you would gel polish.
File off the thickness first, to make the soak off a bit faster.

you are most welcome.
If I didn't live the other side of the world I would offer to do it for you, lol.
For easy removal at home ask them to use soak off gel with the silk and remove like you would gel polish.
File off the thickness first, to make the soak off a bit faster.
Fabulous. I appreciate this very much. :)

sure hun, no worries x

Latest posts

Back