A little spray tanning help please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloe89

Reaction score
I have been reading lots of previous posts on here and i cant seem to find the answer im looking for?

i trained in spray tanning with fake bake but i didnt like it on myself so when i ordered my kit i went for sienna x i have tanned about 10 people and 6 out of 10 say they love the color when its applied and for the next 2 days but then they all said it comes off after day 2 and when doing so, doesnt fade but leaves patches? 1 person told me her hands looked orange and she didnt want the tan again. could this be something i have done wrong? as i cant think of anything i have done wrong? i have ordered some samplers from other company's but i am gutted as i like sienna x and there customers service is brilliant! any help with be great as i feel stuck x

Are you new to tanning? Could you be using too much solution. The average is around 30-50ml. Have the clients exfoliated prior to their tan? What are you using when showering/bathing? Lots of things can affect wear off hon. Hope done of these things might help x

i trained in September and i'm just trying to find my way, i want to make sure people are happy with my service, this has upset me a little :(
i don't think i'm using to much? it's a lovely color when i apply it and doesn't go blotchy at all, no bubbling. dries in a few mins and everyone was happy until day 2-3. they all exfoliated before, and i told them to moisturise with a non oil based moisturiser 2 of them had sienna x moisturiser. and i told them to exfoliate when the tan starts to come off so its comes off evenly. 2 of them are wanting to re try it this week but cant seem to get the rest of the tan off?

What % are you using on each skin type, that could be a factor?

Did they have old tan on when you sprayed them?

If the client soaks herself in oil (baby oil would do) and watches telly for a bit then goes for a shower/bath and exfoliate, this'll help remove the old tan. The exfoliating gloves are fab.

i use 8% and 10% the 1 client that doesnt want it again had 8% nothing else on and said came off patchy in 2 days.
another of my clients has an 8% loved it the first time and wanted another a week later, she exfoliated but did still have a slight tan i know this because she had knickers on first time and second time had a thong on so i could see she still had tan on but i thought it would be ok if she had exfoliated?
another had a 10% and her legs went patchy?
thanks for the great advice how to get it off! x

You're welcome. Hopefully the issue will be resolved soon. X

Chloe calm down you have come to the right place, and we will get you sorted.
you obviously care about the service you are offering too have researched the spray tan help topics and to have found this forum.
It does nt matter where you bought your kit from fake bake wil work in any machine. the sienna kit is actually far superior in machine type and tent quality than the fake bake kit so you have made a good choice in kit.
it sounds to me like you have issues in the tan application and training issues we run 26 training centres throughout the uk and are regarded as the best spray tan trainers in the industry.
If your having problems ring us, i promise non of our staff will try and sell you anything, ask for Dawn or Lisa our training team and we will get you back on track tell em your a Geek and Steve said he would help. 01215011708 or Nouvatan Spray Tanning, Fake Tan, Training & Kits & Equipment

:) i take a lot of pride in my work, i maybe new but im in this for the long hall and want to make my clients happy not just make a bit of money.
I have just registered with Nouvatan and purchased the sample kit :) will they be open tomorrow?
thank you so much for all the advice i feel a little more calmer but really nervous as i have clients booked for the next 2 weeks :( xxxx

that face looks angry... suppose to be a sad face lol

You will be absolutely fine. It's not always you that's at fault, you sound like you're determined to do things right X

Good Luck Chloe! As a self certified Nouvatan Geek I would say you are in safe (non-orange) hands now! xxx :Love:

Like you I am also new to the Spray Tan industry and I too want to provide the best service possible, so much so I have clients that have said their tan wasn't dark enough, so I've gone and researched the darkest tans available, and bought countless samples I received feedback today from a girl who said she liked the service I gave her but the 12% tan I sprayed her with wasn't dark enough, but she will be back to try the 16%.....I've found that if you are willing to accomadate clients wishes, they will remain loyal to you but dont put yourself out of pocket and invest in too many solutions....at present I am fully stocked up with 6x1 litre bottle of various solution because I wanted to be prepared for any type of client......I've found Salon Geek to be great for offering advice or for you to rant anytime day or night. So keep doing what your doing d good luck

Thank you everyone :D without this site i would be in a right mess! it's so lovely to talk to people with all different levels of experience and get my confidence back!
I have called round some friends and have decided to get a few brands tester packs and have a spray tan party to see what works best and what comes off best. I'm also going to call sienna x and Nouvatan and see what help i can get from them :D busy week ahead! x

Latest posts

Back