A "Master" In Montreal......

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, I got rude comments from him also :rolleyes:

When someone has no other argument other than expletives, then they've no argument at all.... have they?

I would ignore him and not even give him the benefit of looking at his vids.
V.....you are coming on so well.....ignore the idiots and just think about yourself.
Does it sound selfish? Hell yeah!! Are we doing the job for fun?? Ermm no.
Learn for YOU and think about ONLY YOU and how well you can take this career hun xxx

If it helps you Vic, we have the same problem here in New Zealand. I feel your pain, I truly do. As do a whole heap of us here in Aotearoa who have been trained properly and working professionally.

<hug>

Nancy

I honestly think he's stealing a page from nailzoo's book (call it complimentary?) with his fanned out brush BUT he's doing it all wrong............

I don't recall ever seeing L&P that runny, like a gel before? Are there any like that? Or is he just working in a hazardous fashion, using waaaaay too much monomer?

Certainly, I've never seen l&p that runny. He's either working with a product that has an unusual ratio or is heading for serious service breakdown. <Been studying my Doug Schoon book on it recently> :green:

I was almost on the edge of my seat over a few of those nails of his, waiting for the <cough> apex to hit the deck! :)

I would ignore him and not even give him the benefit of looking at his vids.
V.....you are coming on so well.....ignore the idiots and just think about yourself.
Does it sound selfish? Hell yeah!! Are we doing the job for fun?? Ermm no.
Learn for YOU and think about ONLY YOU and how well you can take this career hun xxx

My thoughts exactly. V you are wasting your time and energy on people like that, you are knowledgeable and he finds that threatening, hence the rude comments to you and roseblanc.

Let him carry on, and make a fool of himself and think to yourself, hey fool, you couldn't lace my boots!

I mean, that is showing people what he does? He can come paint my house any day, with one stroke of his brush! :lol::lol::lol:

Just to add I couldn't watch the efile one my teeth were grating! :eek:

I hear ya Sister's!!! We have a few of those places here in Saskatchewan. I don't really look at them as competition... just another place that makes me look darn good at what I do. When I get one of their clients I explain everything to them the first time why i do what I do and then they start to ask me question about my product ( I use mostly gel, but am looking into an L&P course) I always answer and tell them to send their friends.

I have said before that even my training could have been way more than what it was...but this nut job has not had training! if they are tossing that much product away and still making a profit on a set of nails.... how cheap is he getting his product for and where from????

They are looking at changing the rules here in SK... but it will be a long time before that happens, and we go even further you can wax and do pedi's without training too!

Correct me if I’m wrong, it’s called the uniballer method. I mean the one ball method.:):):)
I recall the advertisement; training/class for this method. Fast cheap and severe over exposure. The brushes are sold in everywhere in my area.
In California there are more nail salons and prices range from $15 for a full set ($25 for both a mani and pedi ( I look at other salon windows for the painted on discounts) ( the NEON blinking Spa sign catches my eye too) to much, much more.
Seriously do the math, if the master charges $15/set and produce four sets every hour, you can earn $60 bucks. Get passed to a “polish person” and pay another $5 bucks for a slapped on polish job, possibly an extra $5 for top coat.
For all that; you even get a filed and buffed with a file and buffer that have been used almost beyond recognition.
The master, eh?
Amazing, how many“experts” use master type nicknames.
I won’t even get started...
Victoria, please don’t waste your time. Nail drillers, nail fillers and bushes bigger than the human head will probably be used for years to come.
They will be around forever, just until the unknowing consumer has horrible allergic reactions, steps up and visits a true professional. Or, makes a visit to her M.D. is advised to remove her “nails” and lives out the rest of her life claiming that nail enhancements permanently ruined her nails.

Can I ask what the purpose is of doing this application with such an obviously oversized brush, or is it simply that it's the cheapest available?

I think it is a foundation brush.....he's a master disaster!!!! he he

Last edited by a moderator:
ooooh they have been removed didn't get to see:sad:

well obviously the nail geek traffic made him worry, because every video on his feed that showed him at work, has now been removed. Just some generic salon views...which may I add are also totally unprofessional as he spends quite some time scanning over his appoinment book, showing names and PHONE NUMBERS!! Lordy. :rolleyes:

well obviously the nail geek traffic made him worry, because every video on his feed that showed him at work, has now been removed.

Hey, you know what they say... If you cant take the heat, get out of the kitchen... lol. If I may be very unprofessional for a moment and just say ... This guy is a total & complete loser!

I thought his "style" was interesting.

With a bit of education on other issues, he would kick butt.

Now, because you have all bombarded him with abuse, he has taken the videos down.

Perhaps some of you guys should be brave enough to post your whole procedures, rather than just the end results.

I thought a long time about this thread the other evening when I went to bed and here are a few of those thoughts.

Apart from being no gentleman and behaving and speaking to others like an ignorant pig imagine how he thinks. How he sees himself.

He has a very busy salon and is stacked out with appointments.
He has a very quick technique that allows him to be super speedy. (I actually thought he was extremely good with that big brush and saw far less monomer being slopped around than I've seen on many other videos of nail application. It's not a sin to use a large brush if you can handle it correctly.)
His clients are returning so his nails must be lasting.
Despite what everyone has said, his technique does give him a central apex which means the nails will most likely be very strong.
He uses a mega cheap product, so what if he is extravagant with it?? He can afford to be.
He is successful probably much more so than allot of the posters in this thread) so if I were this man, I'd be thinking .... What the hell do all these holier than thou nail techs know??? The hell with them! I'm doing great.

The things that will ultimately pull him down unless he wises up are the fact that his product is cheap and nasty and will yellow etc. The state of the salon and his lack of any kind of hygiene and possibly his attitude toward others. It will not be that he uses a big brush or that he uses one bead or that he is quick and dexterous.

There are always two mentalities when doing any job. You either want to produce quality or you want to produce quantity. This guy's clients will not be looking to come to you and yours will not be looking to go to him. Stay within your own mind set and forget about him and others like him. Focus on your own business. The type of nail tech this guy is, is another side to our business (every business has the 'other side').

I'm afraid I agree with Ghandi here in that men do not elevate themselves by treating other men badly .... none of you have elevated yourselves or made yourselves look better or more superior by the way you have publicly humiliated this guy with your comments. I wonder how well you would all stand up to the close scrutiny of your work??

He is successful probably much more so than allot of the posters in this thread) so if I were this man, I'd be thinking .... What the hell do all these holier than thou nail techs know??? The hell with them! I'm doing great.

Well said gigi. I for one would not feel confident enough to post anything on youtube. I dont think I could handle being picked at by everyone the way they have with this guy..... xx:eek:

I didnt see it but I can imagine what it was like but I totally agree with Geeg and Nailzoo peeps - stop worrying about what your compitition is doing focus on what YOU are doing!
V you are getting your knickers in a twist with trying to fight city hall mate! There are politics in every industry ours is no different. If I were you I'd put all that fantastic energy and passion into putting yourself through school and becoming a teacher, then move onto assessor, then go to the gov and set some standards.

This guy's clients will not be looking to come to you and yours will not be looking to go to him. Stay within your own mind set and forget about him and others like him. Focus on your own business. The type of nail tech this guy is, is another side to our business (every business has the 'other side').

This is soo true you know it is so dont be worrying about him just keep going and you will get there, look how busy you've become lately it shows your clients love what you do.

My 2 pennith!

I agree with much of what has been said.

And no... we're not perfect peeps, and we were a tad catty (although after my own comments on his vids, I didn't see what else was added, so I don't know....)

But in fairness... aren't we told often enough that if we can't take the critique, then we shouldn't post pictures here without expecting it?
(and I DO expect to go through the wringer for my abysmal L&P french's, YIKES they're horrid!!)

My only worry with peeps like this is what they are doing to others, and the damage they do to the industry.

As for posting my own vid... geez, would take forever to upload considering I take quite a while :lol: In any case.... I don't proclaim myself to be "Master" and I KNOW I need to improve in areas... Which seems NOT to be his case. That's the other thing that irked me...... him on his high horse...... when he had no right to sit there (not that I do, but he certainly doesn't either).

Anyhow, didn't meant to get "everyone's knickers into a twist". I just wanted to show you what's in my neighborhood and I wasn't sure if the nss was identical where you are.
Thanks for all the feedback.
Alll appreciated and plenty has given me food for thought.

:hug:

Ah V it does make my blood boil too but I've seen enough of these places and so called techs to know that they cant touch me! Yes some places do inflict damage and give a bad impression of our industry but it WILL grow and people will see in time.

He is also working wayyyyy too wet! There is no way his enhancements can last long because he has messed up royally on his consistancy! Booooo!

As for using an e-file on the natural nail - with proper training and the right bit - it is as safe as using a hand file. With a diamond bit prepper barrel you can get so much more cuticle away from the eponychium. Unfortunately - there isn't enough training around here for those who want to learn properly. Its so sad.

Latest posts

Back