A mom's life

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lavender-blue

Reaction score
How many of us say these words every day?
No wonder my kids say i nag nag nag!!!

Did you brush your teeth?
I'm talking to you
Dont hit your brother
Stop it
I mean it
I said, stop it!
I'll count to ten and then we're going without you
Sit up
Dont hit your sister
Is that the truth?
How many times have i told you, dont do that?
I'll think about it
Hurry up
Go to your room
Stop shouting, If you want to ask me something, come here.
Hurry up. Everyone's waiting.
Stop fighting.
Clean your room.
Fasten your seat belt
Have you done your homework
What are you doing out of bed?
Go back to bed.
Is that yours
We'll see
I dont want to hear about it
Im not giving you onions. I've taken all the onions out. See?
What do you mean theres nothing to do?
I said , Don't interrupt
Ask your father
Move the glass. Its too close to the edge.
Not now
No, ten minutes are not up!!
Do you realise how dangerous that is?
Dont sit too close to the t.v its bad for your eyes.
Stop talking and just eat your dinner
What do you mean you're bored
Just a minute, cant you see i'm talking.
Get off the computer i wanna geek.
No more crisps today!
I mean it!
Give me a kiss
I'm sorry thats the rule. I'm sorry thats the rule. I'm sorry , thats the rule.

I rest my case!!!!!:hug::hug::hug:

Top marks hun......i say those words nearly everyday !!!!......it is sooo hard being a parent but its rewarding aswell.....my son who is 14 still gives me a kiss goodbye and thinks nothing of saying "love you" when he goes out.....

Daughter is just the same ..... although she is getting attitude now :mad:..!!!! xxx

Ive got news for you all.....it dont get any easier when the grandkids come along :lol:

PMSL...:lol::lol::lol:

Oh my word...that is what I sound like....

But then if everyone did as they were told in the first place we wouldn't need to nag now would we? :smack:

Sounds familiar! But Im sure it wouldn't be said unless it was justified! I say when they stop I'll stop lol!

Ive got news for you all.....it dont get any easier when the grandkids come along :lol:

You are not kidding! :)

My grandson is 2-1/2. I love him to pieces and would give my life for him. He's a doll but getting a little sassy. He brings back memories to when his dad (my oldest) was that age.

Deano (or Baby D as I like to call him) spends the weekends quite a bit with me. The difference? He goes home when he's done visiting. I'm sad when he leaves and can't wait til he comes. back!

He truly is the light of my life! Just like my own kids. :)

Blimey Lav

Do u repeat all that day after day lol lol

Sore throat???????

Dont you just hate it when you say something and think 'omg I sound like my mum used to' and you promised yourself you would never be like ya mum lol

Hmmmm.... I have 3 boys and say all that to each of them... morning and night! Eek, but it works.... I do have good boys just have to keep on top of them.

Last edited:
My best line last week was (in harshest telling off voice) ''Daniel!! stop irritating Gemma,if you keep irritating her then i'll start irritating you and if i start irritating you then you'll be really''...i paused here cause couldn't think) ''irritated''.Of course they both cracked up.

OMG!!!!
We are twins!!! :lol::lol::lol:
xxxx:hug:xxxx

My best line last week was (in harshest telling off voice) ''Daniel!! stop irritating Gemma,if you keep irritating her then i'll start irritating you and if i start irritating you then you'll be really''...i paused here cause couldn't think) ''irritated''.Of course they both cracked up.

Classic !!!!...i have done this before aswell.....telling them off for shouting at each other then they go "why are you shouting"..."i am mum" is my response.....xxx

PMSL Its only when you see things in print that the cold, harsh truth hits you between the eyes!!

Hello My name is Louise, and I'm a nagging mum:lol:

You did forget one though " Because I said so"
Thats my return for the age ol' classic from kids as soon as they can talk "Why?"

Ha this made me laugh, these thing are said way too regularly in our house.

The onions one made me giggle, only Wednesday I told my daughter that whilst removing her onions from her salad lol

I also repeat "what did I just say to you?" oh and "I don't care if............ I said no!"

If we had a pound for everytime we said these things I dare say we would all be very rich mums lol

I regulary do the "if you do/touch/say that again, that man over there will come and tell you off" :lol:

Mine is nearly 4 going on 14, she's a door slammer and frequently exits a room with a loud bang and a yell of "I'm NOT talking to you". This is normally after one of the ones Elaine mentioned above being mentioned to her :lol:

'Don't even think about it'.
'1.....2......' (didn't get to 3 -you'd have done what you were told by then)
'Whatever you do I will always find out'.
'If you don't like it, then you can find somewhere else to live.'
'Did you eat? Then you help with the dishes.'
'Because I'm the Mum and what I say goes.'
'I have eyes in the back of my head.'
'God you take some telling.'

Now I'm 30, she still throws the odd one in which makes us laugh - usually 'Don't even think about it', or 'God you take some telling'.

Now I get my own back on my Mum.

'Because you're the Mum and it's your job'. hehe - she hates that.

Latest posts

Back