A Name!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like beautilicious, sounds cool :D

Beautylicious

Reaction score
Hello again,

sorry to hassle you all again, but i still havent thought of a name for my business. However, today my boyf came up with 'beautilicious' which i kinda like, but i also still like the name 'Enhance'. What do ya all reckon?

Jo ?

Hi Jo,

How about 'Beautilicious Enhancements'?!! :D

Just a thought as you like the both names. Also in incorporates an innuendo to both beauty and nails!!!

Hope you think of one soon!!!
Good luck

hi

LOVE the name nikki :thumbsup: what a good idea to put them together i would go with this one jomacswan "beautilicious enhancemants "

vicky
cornwall

I think your boyfriend had something there, beautilicious sounds good to me

Just thought that I would join all the other Cornish Geeks and give you my opinion - they are both great I'd say. They both work well if you want to expand into other treatments too. Very futureproof.

Hiya,
I dont want to pour cold water on Beautilicious because I love it! Sorry but ,the reason I love it is .... because I came up with it too! and when I checked the Yellow Pages .... so had somebody else :shock: as well as Beauticious :?
I wanted Nail FX ... already been taken, Tips & Toes ... gone :evil:
If you want to be sure that you have something original make sure you check the Yellow Pages and be sure that your name wont be associated with someone else. Sorry if you've already done this but, I just dont want you to end up disappointed and end up having to come up with something so quick that it makes you cringe everytime you hear it (like me)
Good Luck xx.

hi

Thanks for your help Gloria, yeah i was just looking on the business name registration website, and noticed there are a couple of salons in the midlands with the same name. Does this mean, if i used it i could get sued???

I dont really understand that website because the idea is you register your name so that no one else can use it, but then i notice there are some names that have been used about 20 times on the site (not a franchise) so im at a loss ?

Does anyone else know anything about that site???

Any other suggestions? (

....had a mate recently who paid to register on this company registration site (he has an aromatherapy & candle party biz) so no one else could use his name he PAID something like 70.00 for the year.... Basically its gotta be a con...as to prove it to him we typed his company name into the search bar on the web and thousands of companys came up ranging from coffee! wine candles you name it!!! i think - dont quote me on this - that only if you register as a limited company with companies house no one else can use your name...and if you are a little shop/company and you find someone else hase youre name and say it went to court it would be proof whom had been trading the longest.... however unless you are going to use a big household or indusrty recognised name like Chanel or daz or creative nail designer sometimes it doesnt matter i mean how many towns have hairdressers called a cut above or whatever... in my experience i was called originally funkifingers it was only when hubby did me a web site and there was already a funkifingers.co.uk (i then had funki-fingers.co.uk) BUT i did contact the lady via email and explain the situation as we were miles and miles away, she replied that she didnt have a problem, so i told her if anyone contacted me via the web in her area i would pass them on.... dont quote me on all the biz advice (im blonde )

You can call your company what you like as long as you stay a sole trader, i think it only matters if you choose a name and then want to make your company limited and someone else has that name who has already made it a limited company, so basically you couldn't have two companies called Nails Ltd but you CAN have tow companies called Nails.

Obviously everyone WANTS an original name, when i chose Aphrodite, i looked in the yellow pages, on the internet and only found a couple in USA with the same name so went with it. :D

I agree with everything that has been said about calling a company whatever you like but the reason I suggested checking the local Yellow Pages is that they cover a smaller area. I know that some of the names that I wanted and were already taken, were only a few miles away.
It seems pointless to share the same name just because you like it. I would hate to think the public would confuse me with another local business. You never know these people might not have a good reputation or even be NSS.

You do not have to be a limited company to register your name.

We registered Designer Nails when I was a sole trader and have taken several people to task over using the same name, and won every time.

But do it through the proper channels and not over some dodgy website.

This isnt some dodgy website, its the official business names register!!!

I beleive that the register you are talking about is actually a PLC. Is it actually a government body? - I didn't get the impression that it was?

You might like to contact your local business link. Find them in the phone book. They also have a website. This is a government funded operation with offices in most area. They offer advice to business people on many subjects and will give you the best info on how you register a name, what protection you will have and the most cost effective way of doing this.

To my knowledge, and I could be very wrong, as a sole trader you can have the same name as another company (although not a LTD one) as long as it is not in your locality or an area where you could affect the other business. I'm also pretty sure that if you find another company with the same name that is LTD it doesn't matter where they are you cannot use it.

nail_star2003 said:
To my knowledge, and I could be very wrong, as a sole trader you can have the same name as another company (although not a LTD one) as long as it is not in your locality or an area where you could affect the other business. I'm also pretty sure that if you find another company with the same name that is LTD it doesn't matter where they are you cannot use it.

This is what i was trying to say, but you said it a million times better lol :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back