A possible solution to Eyelash Extensions falling out

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

poshlash

Reaction score
I got an e-mail from one of the members of this board and thought I share my advice with the rest of the forum. I have left her name out to preserve her privacy. So here's what she wrote. (To seasoned fellow lashers out there, please feel free to add to this.) :hug:

"I wondered if you can help me. I recently done a set of eyelashes, using flirties extra strength glue and the next day she called me to day she had lost a lot of lashes. She told me that she had showered that night so I thought the glue might not have been dried.

I did them again the next day and again she has phoned to say they have practically all fallen out!!

It is starting to make me loose my confidence as I have never had this happen before (I've only been doing this since Sept 10)

She is coming back tonight. I'm wondering if you have any advice do you think it could be the glue?? I opened a brand new bottle last week. Or perhaps my technique isn't up to it anymore:cry::"

I do sincerely apologize for the very delayed response. Here are some things to consider as to why there may be more than usual fall out...

1. During your application, are you "landing" your extension lash parallel to her natural lash and is it adhering from base to tip. (3/4 of the way out from the base is fine too.)
2. Are her lashes squeeky clean.
3. Is she ovulating, on her menses or under extreme stress. (note: in all of these 3 situations, we produce more sebum(waxy substance)/oil) and may contribute to the extension lashes "slipping off".
4. IN MY EXPERIENCE, if the client gets her lashes done in the morning, and takes a shower in the evening, they are fine, as long as they do not get the conditioner or shampoo to run down her face. (Note: depending on the adhesive, curing process may differ. You may want to contact your adhesive distributor to get more accurate answer. I am not familiar with flirties)
5. Generally, an opened bottle of adhesive is good for 3-6 months and an unoped one about a year kept in dry, dark, cool place. If you have opened your glue 2 weeks prior to lashing, it should've been ok.
6. Did you shake the bottle of adhesive vigorously before lashing. Black pigmented glue sometimes can separate. Pigment from the "glue" and if not shaken properly, you can very well not get equal parts out of the bottle. Sometimes the pigment settles on the bottom of the bottle and may just get clear watery substance (glue) and at times you may get "swirls" of clear and black. In this case, you should disgard your drop and close the cap and vigorously shake the bottle again to get a consistant equal amout.
7. Are you making sure that you are picking up enough glue on your extension lash? You should pick up enough glue to cover the extension lash and natural lash without beading. As you "land" your extension lash onto the natural ones, the adhesive should seem as though it is dispearing or distributing evenly. I use my "dip and drag" method and works well.

It's only been 6 months since your training... do not fret and get discouraged. There are so many of lash stylists out there that have been lashing for couple of years and still are baffled by some challenges that their clients may bring their way.

You are doing well if this is the only thing you are concerned about. :hug:

xoxo
Poshlash
www.PoshRadiance.com

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back