A potential client asked how long will a spray tan last? I don't know!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CazCardiff

Reaction score
Feel like a total unknowing, useless now.
Someone has just asked me for a Spray Tan, (A teacher friend at my boys school) She is going on Holiday on Friday and wants a tan done on Wednesday night and asked if it will last through to Sunday. (so it'll be 4 days).

As a total beginner, I explained im still training, havnt tanned anyone yet, so I do feel a little unsure as she is going on holiday (only to Butlins, but still..) I dont want to practice on her and it go wrong or something. She said its fine, it'll be ok, and isnt worried about it.

But then it got me to thinking, I dont actually know how long a Spray Tan will last for!
I sprayed my legs on Saturday evening with LA Tan FAST and washed it off at 2hours, and its still looking good.

Ive only ever had 1 professional spray tan in my life and I went swimming, so that stripped that off pretty soon.

so how long do you find a Spray tan will last? Is it a case of how long is a piece of string?

I am using LA Tan.
Thanks
xx

Feel like a total unknowing, useless now.
Someone has just asked me for a Spray Tan, (A teacher friend at my boys school) She is going on Holiday on Friday and wants a tan done on Wednesday night and asked if it will last through to Sunday. (so it'll be 4 days).

As a total beginner, I explained im still training, havnt tanned anyone yet, so I do feel a little unsure as she is going on holiday (only to Butlins, but still..) I dont want to practice on her and it go wrong or something. She said its fine, it'll be ok, and isnt worried about it.

But then it got me to thinking, I dont actually know how long a Spray Tan will last for!
I sprayed my legs on Saturday evening with LA Tan FAST and washed it off at 2hours, and its still looking good.

Ive only ever had 1 professional spray tan in my life and I went swimming, so that stripped that off pretty soon.

so how long do you find a Spray tan will last? Is it a case of how long is a piece of string?

I am using LA Tan.
Thanks
xx

I've never used LA Tan but most spray tans will last from 5 - 10 days depending on brand.

St Tropez lasts 5-7 days and Nouvatan lasts 10 days.

It depends also on how well she takes care of it, the more she moisturises her body the longer it will last.

Tell her not to use any Dove products before she comes for tan or any other creams which contain moisturisers or oils/aromatherapy oils.

Hands and face will fade quicker as they are exposed to washing up etc and cleansing skin products.

Don't be scared, make sure all areas are covered, get her to lift her boobs up so you can spray underneath, make sure if she is slightly bigger that she stretches out from the waist so you can get into all the creases, make sure you put a moisturiser or aqueous cream on her hands, elbows, knees and feet so the tan doesn't grab on to these dryer areas and go too brown.

You're going to be fine :cool:

Jacqui xx

I usually tell people approx. 7 days but it depends on how well thet look after it and what activities they will be doing, like you say swimming can strip it off sooner. Prep is also important dry skin and exfoliating well will also affect the length of the tan. hope that helps x

This, and much more, was covered in my training. Has this not been covered yet?

I've never used LA Tan but most spray tans will last from 5 - 10 days depending on brand.

St Tropez lasts 5-7 days and Nouvatan lasts 10 days.

It depends also on how well she takes care of it, the more she moisturises her body the longer it will last.

Tell her not to use any Dove products before she comes for tan or any other creams which contain moisturisers or oils/aromatherapy oils.

Hands and face will fade quicker as they are exposed to washing up etc and cleansing skin products.

Don't be scared, make sure all areas are covered, get her to lift her boobs up so you can spray underneath, make sure if she is slightly bigger that she stretches out from the waist so you can get into all the creases, make sure you put a moisturiser or aqueous cream on her hands, elbows, knees and feet so the tan doesn't grab on to these dryer areas and go too brown.

You're going to be fine :cool:

Jacqui xx

Thank you SO much for yuor advice! I feel alot more better now reading that as I told her pretty much everything you said there, I think its just being confident.
Think I'll go ahead with it if she is sure she wants to!
Thanks again
Caroline xx

Thank you SO much for yuor advice! I feel alot more better now reading that as I told her pretty much everything you said there, I think its just being confident.
Think I'll go ahead with it if she is sure she wants to!
Thanks again
Caroline xx

You MUST go ahead with it or you will lose your nerve.

Just do it ok!!!! None of this :Scared: just be this :cool:

xx

You MUST go ahead with it or you will lose your nerve.

Just do it ok!!!! None of this :Scared: just be this :cool:

xx

Yeah, def just go for it. Be confident and the client will feel at ease.

We all have to start somewhere and you will get more and more confident the more clients you do.

I use LA Tan and it can last up to about 10 days with good aftercare advice. Advise the client to moisturise as much as possible with a water based moisturiser. Do not use baby oil as this will strip the tan. Pat dry after bathing plus if you have any retail items ie top up spray tan in a can, sell her one of these as this will really extend the tan.

Good luck and be confident. You can do this xxx:biggrin::biggrin:

sorry if this sounds like a silly question but I can imagine someone asking me this and I'm not sure of the answer... what water based moisturiser is best to use,which brands etc?

Usually the brand of tan will have a whole range of products to complement the tan fluid.

Normally the lotion types of body moisturisers are water based. Just check the ingredients and it will normally list water or aqua (if they are trying to be posh) as one of the first ingredients.

Avoid baby oil, dry oil mist sprays and body butters as these are just too moisturising and will strip the tan.

If you can afford too its worth buying a few retail items such as as the spray tans in can or the moisturisers with the built in tan in as this will help prolong the tan for the client plus make a little bit more money for you. Normally if you buy 6 or more items you get a trade price.

Latest posts

Back