A qualified nail tech in one day????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TMOUSE

Reaction score
hi there

had a friend over today haven't seen in ages and she is doing a nail course she didn't realise i am a qualified nail tech, she told me her course is for ONE day how can this be done in one day. I had to do 5 lots of nails before and after pics client cards and a written exam and she doesn't have to do any of that. I got her to ring the company and ask questions they use there own gel and a trainer hand and she will get her certificate at the end of the day how can she be qualified. She had paid a large deposit non returnable, i told her to go somewhere else.

really, this it getting silly, I feel so sorry for people who are getting suckered into parting with their hard earned cash, these sorts of companies are no better than the people you see on rogue traders, trying to rip people off and getting thier hopes up, its really not fair. :(

I'm gonna do a course over the weekend on brain surgery :D

really, this it getting silly, I feel so sorry for people who are getting suckered into parting with their hard earned cash, these sorts of companies are no better than the people you see on rogue traders, trying to rip people off and getting thier hopes up, its really not fair. :(

Hi all

I couldnt agree more this is the same story over the country. It pays to do reserch into the more popular companys to help make your choice.

:hug:

hi there

had a friend over today haven't seen in ages and she is doing a nail course she didn't realise i am a qualified nail tech, she told me her course is for ONE day how can this be done in one day. I had to do 5 lots of nails before and after pics client cards and a written exam and she doesn't have to do any of that. I got her to ring the company and ask questions they use there own gel and a trainer hand and she will get her certificate at the end of the day how can she be qualified. She had paid a large deposit non returnable, i told her to go somewhere else.

Well of course it is impossible as we all know and as she will find out AFTER she has squandered her money on a promise that they cannot deliver.

The fact that CND does not recognise any certificate of the type she will be getting just shows that if a professional nail company will not sell product to a person with this type of training then it is really no training at all.

Silly silly girl.

Last edited:
:hug:To add to Geeg comments if your friend is looking for employment after she has passed the one day course. She may find that a task.

I hope you can convince her not to follow it through, she'd be better doing a foundation course or a college course then going to someone bigger and better for a conversion. I do feel a bit sorry for people like her, it's so easy to get excited about wanting to do something, but all she'll get is empty promises and a few months down the line she'll realise what a waste of money it's all been. :(

it's a waste of money, she has just rented a shop in a hairdressers on a main street and thought this nail course is good to start up a new business for her. When i done my course i didn't venture out pro until i had done nails for at least a year doing friends and family at the end of the day i wanted good comments and regular clients no a bad rep.

I hope you can convince her not to follow it through, she'd be better doing a foundation course or a college course then going to someone bigger and better for a conversion. I do feel a bit sorry for people like her, it's so easy to get excited about wanting to do something, but all she'll get is empty promises and a few months down the line she'll realise what a waste of money it's all been. :(

Like hundreds of others who have been conned with the promise of being qualified in one day .... what nonsense.

mind you, it's not just our industry, I have come across all kinds of so-called 'courses' where you can 'qualify' to be anything from a plumber to a chef in one whole day......there are some very bad and greedy people in this world

i have just spoken to this company my friend has gone with and asked some questions. What do you do in ONE day

" you will learn about the nail, put extensions on, infil them, soak them off, client cards, hygene all this in one day and you will get a deploma at the end of it."

I told my friend that is alot to take into on one day and you don't really want to rent a space in a shop after a one day course.

All you can do is try to educate and guide your friend,other than that i'm sorry to say but she'll prob have to fall flat on her face before she listens :hug:

gosh im shocked!!!:eek: i did nails at college in my beauty diploma and thought their teaching was bad enough, this sounds like a waste of time and money when i did course with young nails i had to go and learn application on 1 hand then do the other hand by myself and get assesed then go away and go back 3 wk later having done 15 sets with photos as proof then i learnt infilling etc this in my opinion is what should be done

I'm gonna do a course over the weekend on brain surgery :D
I did it in one day - are you stoopid or something:green::green::green:

No body likes a show off :D

When I was looking for the right course, I found one of these one day courses, they come to a hotel near you and you spend the whole day on the practical side and take away the theory to study at your leisure:rolleyes: The lady I spoke to sounded so competent and professional and reassured me that not only would I get a certificate but it would be recognized for insurance and they would give me an introduction to an insurance company:eek:
Had I not been a nail client for a number of years, had I not chatted to my nail stylist about their qualifications and experience, I would have been totally taken in by that company and its claims.
They are very persuasive and a good tech makes it look so easy .......... well its understandable that so many peeps get taken in but what beggars belief is that these company's are not breaking any laws.:irked:

Evidently everything in our industry can be learnt in a day.

I feel sorry for these people in a way.
I know they are trying to get the quickest option but I wonder how many people do this and fail?
How many give up other jobs thinking it's such an easy job?
They are wasting their time and money and will never make it in a salon or otherwise.
These courses need to be stopped.
Judy for parliament lol

Latest posts

Back