A question about acrylic powder-Nail Harmony Fusion

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChelleConnor

Reaction score
Hi Geeks,

I am trying to work out how much a full set will cost me per treatment.
Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many sets an 8oz pot of powder will do?
For some reason I have it in my head that its 20 sets but im not sure where Ive got this from x

Obviously if you're new to doing them you'll probably use a lot more product but I'd say from 8 oz I get around 50 sets.
I use NSI and I say it costs me about £xx.xx a set factoring in product, tips, a squidge of glue, nail file, sanitizer spritz etc.
Really it's my time and expertise I charge for, not so much the products I use :) x

[moderator note: Trade prices removed]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,
Thanks so much for your answer.
Last night I had a friend over who was saying 'I cant believe how much youve spent' 'Do you really think youll make your money back' 'Look how much youve used already'
It kinda made me a bit price concious! So thought I would work out how much the treatment actually costs me to do!
Thats good news! x

Bit of an old thread but thought i would let you know that it costs me £xx.xx for all my products, sanitizing sprays, primers etc per set of tip and overlay acrylic nails...not including paying for things like lighting etc...literally cost of good sold. I worked out my sprays etc by seeing how much was in a bottle and dividing it by how much fluid is released by the pump for example and then working out how many pumps of the spray i use on each client. Things like glue i roughly worked it out based on how many ml i used then used this to gauge how much it would cost to do a set. Sculpted Gel costs more than sculpted acrylic as the forms are more expensive and the gel itself if more expensive also, i use NSI products by the way:) I hope this helps.

Its easy to just brush stuff off as 'oh its only a tiny bit of glue or whatever' but you really are right to be conscious of how much you are using and spending since it makes good business sense and i doubt you are doing it purely for fun...you want to make money doing something you enjoy so definitely keep checking your spending! I write a list of all my products and each year re-evaluate the cost of the goods i buy (and i price using standard prices not discounts since the discounts may not be applicable throughout the entire year...if they are...bonus, i made more than expected!) then do an up to date cost of good sold based on my new figures, it only takes a day in the office and is well worth it. This allows you to see increases in your costs due to inflation etc and for you to adjust your prices accordingly:) You want to make profit not only take money for your time because each bit of profit can go towards new product lines or training which enables your business to maintain high standard and grow. A poor business mind will not account for business growth and may well flounder in the future and not have a good cashflow balance to bail them out of hard times if needed. I try and look at myself as a separate entity from my business when working out costs to ensure that as a person i get my wages but as a business I make a profit to allows for updates or expansion. I hope this helps.

Bit of an old thread but thought i would let you know that it costs me £xx.xx for all my products, sanitizing sprays, primers etc per set of tip and overlay acrylic nails...not including paying for things like lighting etc...literally cost of good sold. I worked out my sprays etc by seeing how much was in a bottle and dividing it by how much fluid is released by the pump for example and then working out how many pumps of the spray i use on each client. Things like glue i roughly worked it out based on how many ml i used then used this to gauge how much it would cost to do a set. Sculpted Gel costs more than sculpted acrylic as the forms are more expensive and the gel itself if more expensive also, i use NSI products by the way:) I hope this helps.

Its easy to just brush stuff off as 'oh its only a tiny bit of glue or whatever' but you really are right to be conscious of how much you are using and spending since it makes good business sense and i doubt you are doing it purely for fun...you want to make money doing something you enjoy so definitely keep checking your spending! I write a list of all my products and each year re-evaluate the cost of the goods i buy (and i price using standard prices not discounts since the discounts may not be applicable throughout the entire year...if they are...bonus, i made more than expected!) then do an up to date cost of good sold based on my new figures, it only takes a day in the office and is well worth it. This allows you to see increases in your costs due to inflation etc and for you to adjust your prices accordingly:) You want to make profit not only take money for your time because each bit of profit can go towards new product lines or training which enables your business to maintain high standard and grow. A poor business mind will not account for business growth and may well flounder in the future and not have a good cashflow balance to bail them out of hard times if needed. I try and look at myself as a separate entity from my business when working out costs to ensure that as a person i get my wages but as a business I make a profit to allows for updates or expansion. I hope this helps.
Please note that we do not permit Trade prices being quoted on the site so I have amended your thread accordingly.

Oh sorry about that, i was unaware it was not allowed and figured it was perfectly acceptable given the nature of the question and since someone else in the thread put that it cost them £xx.xx a set using NSI. I thought i would put my personal approximate cost in incase anyone else was having the same question as op but nearer to our present time. No problem anyway i shall not detail prices again.

Oh sorry about that, i was unaware it was not allowed and figured it was perfectly acceptable given the nature of the question and since someone else in the thread put that it cost them £xx.xxa set using NSI. I thought i would put my personal approximate cost in incase anyone else was having the same question as op but nearer to our present time. No problem anyway i shall not detail prices again.

Thank you for bringing the other post to my attention which I have now edited, and your new one!

No worries, sorry about that i genuinely didn't know. Are we allowed to talk about prices we will charge to clients for example if someone was offering a new service and asking what to charge and what other people charge or is this not allowed either? Just want to check so i know for future:)

Yes that's absolutely fine, it's information which is available to our clients anyway. We don't disclose product trade prices as this is an open forum which can be read by all our clients, and if they see that product cost is x but we charge y they don't appreciate that we also have to account for water, electricity, gas, insurance, rates, training, wages, profit etc

yes you are going to need way more product but i would say about 50 sets

Yes that's absolutely fine, it's information which is available to our clients anyway. We don't disclose product trade prices as this is an open forum which can be read by all our clients, and if they see that product cost is x but we charge y they don't appreciate that we also have to account for water, electricity, gas, insurance, rates, training, wages, profit etc
Totally realized that when you said about prices haha..Its also our time and the skills which we want paying for tee hey since we invested both time and money into our training to become good nail technicians.

Obviously if you're new to doing them you'll probably use a lot more product but I'd say from 8 oz I get around 50 sets.
I use NSI and I say it costs me about £xx.xx a set factoring in product, tips, a squidge of glue, nail file, sanitizer spritz etc.
Really it's my time and expertise I charge for, not so much the products I use :) x

Hi Chelsea, I'm working out my costing too! Can you advise how many sets of acrylics you get from a 40g NSI Powder pot? I'm looking to start using the NSI Secrets Gel also, so if you have an idea of the same for a 6gram pot of the gel that would be very helpful.

Thanks x

Hi Chelsea, I'm working out my costing too! Can you advise how many sets of acrylics you get from a 40g NSI Powder pot? I'm looking to start using the NSI Secrets Gel also, so if you have an idea of the same for a 6gram pot of the gel that would be very helpful.

Thanks x

ChelseaNails hasn’t returned to Salon Geek since the end of last year, but hopefully someone else can help you.

Thanks x

If you contact your supplier they should be able to provide you 'cost per service' details

If you contact your supplier they should be able to provide you 'cost per service' details

Thanks Trinity, I'm waiting on NSI contacting me back though they are a massive world wide company I don't expect an immediate response on a general enquiry such as this. I do believe asking fellow NSI techs here on the forum I would perhaps get a more realistic view also

Xx

Thanks Trinity, I'm waiting on NSI contacting me back though they are a massive world wide company I don't expect an immediate response on a general enquiry such as this. I do believe asking fellow NSI techs here on the forum I would perhaps get a more realistic view also

Xx

I'd expect a pretty rapid response as it's a pretty fundamental element of your business planning. Some suppliers have them available on their websites or FB pages. We don't openly discuss trade prices on the forum as it's open to everyone including clients and general public - we have to have some secrets

I'd expect a pretty rapid response as it's a pretty fundamental element of your business planning. Some suppliers have them available on their websites or FB pages. We don't openly discuss trade prices on the forum as it's open to everyone including clients and general public - we have to have some secrets

To be clear Trinity..... I asked how many sets/application Chelsea can get from the Secrets Gel system pots and Attraction system (Which the actual SalonGeek moderator seemed to be OK with and hoped I would get a helpful reply) I didn't ask openly about her trade "prices", I've asked a pretty reasonable question to someone who uses the same system I do.....

I'm unsure why you've insinuated I have done something wrong or did indeed ask Chelsea regarding her prices?

If I have broken a rule please do let me know and I will delete my own replys.

Thanks

If I have broken a rule please do let me know and I will delete my own replys.

Thanks

No rules have been broken here @W333lex, and so long as actual trade prices aren’t disclosed at any point during this discussion, @Trinity has merely suggested that NSI may be able to advise you with more product specific details that’s all :)

Other NSI users may still respond to your question in the meantime though ;)

@Noodle Thank you, perhaps I will get a helpful answer from a fellow NSI Tech. In the meantime can you direct me to the rules of the forum please? Conscious my other posts may not be following the rules....

Thanks

Latest posts

Back