A question about blonde tint problems

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miss_Biscuit

Reaction score
Hello,

My friend went mobile about 6 years ago after having her son and has been doing my hair for about 4 years.

Recently, well in last year, when I've been getting my roots done, they've not been coming out right.

I am naturally a warm medium-dark brunette and when I used to go to a salon I had Wella 12/11 with 12%. (12/1 didn't lift my hair enough) which I have carried on having done since going to my friend. I get my roots done once a month.

The issue I am having is that my retouched roots were looking more like having a grey-ish blue tinge! which I admit did lighten up after a few washes, I didn't want to hurt my friends feelings and I get the impression she has started to lack confidence since leaving her old salon.

I finally broached it and she said that she would start washing it out a few mins earlier to give it less time to "grab".. Which I admit has stopped the blue tinge, but instead my roots are a coppery shade of blonde!

She is unsure what can be causing these issues as She has done my hair for years.

Any suggestions I can pass on gratefully received or any ideas on how to counteract the copper or blue hues? I have used purple shampoo on the copper roots (to no avail!) and tomato ketchup on the blue roots (to some effect) but you have to admit its not ideal! LOL!

If it was me I would use 12/1 as there is less tone so it won't go blue x

If it was me I would use 12/1 as there is less tone so it won't go blue x

Thank you, that is what they first tried on my hair years and years ago and it didn't lift it enough, it was more of a reddish blonde than blonde. So they used 12/11 from then on. x

Thank you, that is what they first tried on my hair years and years ago and it didn't lift it enough, it was more of a reddish blonde than blonde. So they used 12/11 from then on. x
my guess is they didnt leave it on long enough, your supposed to leave on upto 50/55 mins , as tone only comes into action at last period of timing , highlifts lift then deposit . Im guessing thats you in the picture , your hair doesnt look that dark . try leaving 12/1 on longer , it will work ;-) . x

my guess is they didnt leave it on long enough, your supposed to leave on upto 50/55 mins , as tone only comes into action at last period of timing , highlifts lift then deposit . Im guessing thats you in the picture , your hair doesnt look that dark . try leaving 12/1 on longer , it will work ;-) . x

Agreed,

Yes I agree too ,my guess is that the tones in your hair have changed over the years ie maybe a fue white hair coming in now :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back