A question about hard skin on feet.....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same for me, hubby has soft feet, I have baboon feet, LOL
Having grown up virtually barefoot in Africa I assumed it was because I only ever wear shoes if I have to and I used to file as well. I read on here a while ago that filing can make it worse so I stopped and have been using cracked heel creams. Huge improvement. Can wear sandals to clients now and still barefoot most of the time at home.
My Mom has soft feet, so think it's not hereditary.

I don't really think you can compare the picture on the NHS website, (of severe corns and callouses) to hard skin on the feet. They are two totally different things. As I mentioned before, corns and callouses of this nature are basically due to ill fitting shoes.

I know a lady who is very large, never wears socks, is now in her 60's, and has the most baby soft feet ever.

i know that but on the other link it explains about hard skin and all over google it explains basically its caused by the shoes and or the shape of your feet so its about the weight distrubition etc its a intresting one but i defo think it comes down to shoes you wear and how often you walk around in bare feet etc x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Same for me, hubby has soft feet, I have baboon feet, LOL
Having grown up virtually barefoot in Africa I assumed it was because I only ever wear shoes if I have to and I used to file as well. I read on here a while ago that filing can make it worse so I stopped and have been using cracked heel creams. Huge improvement. Can wear sandals to clients now and still barefoot most of the time at home.
My Mom has soft feet, so think it's not hereditary.

yea i totally agree and yea i read some where filing can cause it to increase .. my sister has bare feet in the house and in garden and very rarely wears socks and her feet are so rough but i cant walk bare footed always got socks on unless got my ballet pumps on if i dont wear socks in house my feet feel strange lol.. wearing them special socks and put cream on before wearing them over night i heard are good x

I don't really think you can compare the picture on the NHS website, (of severe corns and callouses) to hard skin on the feet. They are two totally different things. As I mentioned before, corns and callouses of this nature are basically due to ill fitting shoes.

I know a lady who is very large, never wears socks, is now in her 60's, and has the most baby soft feet ever.

oh and also the shape of the foot apparently if you have a big arch or low arch on foot it can increase it more due to the weight being uneven from what ive read i dont think its heridiatry and i think it comes down to your shape of foot how you walk weight age shoes and what type etc

I've got hardly any hard skin. I can't remember the last time I gave my self a pedi. But I wear socks every day, and at night I've always got slipper socks on. During summer when it's flip flop weather I usually get some.

I've got a client (I've wrote this somewhere before so sorry if I'm repeating myself) she's late 40's I imagine and has regular pedicures from me.

She is always in flip flops and I have never had to use a rasp or foot file on her feet. She sleeps every night with her feet smothered in Vaseline and in socks. I know petroleum is drying, but it works for her. They feel like a babies! Xxxxx

oh and also the shape of the foot apparently if you have a big arch or low arch on foot it can increase it more due to the weight being uneven from what ive read i dont think its heridiatry and i think it comes down to your shape of foot how you walk weight age shoes and what type etc

I think perhaps you have not read my post properly!!!!

Time to move on maybe?

I think perhaps you have not read my post properly!!!!

Time to move on maybe?

i have read your post you mention a build up of hard skin and all i was saying from reasearch on a number off pages it suggest the causes i was just saying i dont think it can be causes by hormones, and i cant find any thing about hard skin and hormones any where.. saying that my posts were no way personal to you im merely sharing some of the info i had found as i think its intresting and makes sense of the causes :)

I've got hardly any hard skin. I can't remember the last time I gave my self a pedi. But I wear socks every day, and at night I've always got slipper socks on. During summer when it's flip flop weather I usually get some.

I've got a client (I've wrote this somewhere before so sorry if I'm repeating myself) she's late 40's I imagine and has regular pedicures from me.

She is always in flip flops and I have never had to use a rasp or foot file on her feet. She sleeps every night with her feet smothered in Vaseline and in socks. I know petroleum is drying, but it works for her. They feel like a babies! Xxxxx[/QUOTE

i know im same lol and well if it works then why not dont know if i could sleep with vaseline on my feet in socks lol i tried them moisture sock things and it felt so weird if you walk about xxx

I have tried every cream on the market, I wear microfibre socks and Uggs, and my feet still resemble hooves.
I have had to see a chiropodist to get the hard skin cut off with a scalpel.

She is always in flip flops and I have never had to use a rasp or foot file on her feet. She sleeps every night with her feet smothered in Vaseline and in socks. I know petroleum is drying, but it works for her. They feel like a babies! Xxxxx[/QUOTE

i know im same lol and well if it works then why not dont know if i could sleep with vaseline on my feet in socks lol i tried them moisture sock things and it felt so weird if you walk about xxx

I tried it once, and I ended up taking them off in the middle of the night! Felt too weird lol xxx

Aaaaaah I am barefoot most of the time I'm at home - I wonder if that has something to do with it? Also, when I was pregnant, my feet got terribly hard skin every time x

Latest posts

Back