A question about perms (aaargh)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
The mere mention of a perm is enough to make me wince! I remember the couple I had in the mid-eighties and the results were bad enough to make me wait twenty years before considering them again (in the hope that technology and techniques will have improved considerably lol).

I have quite long layered hair and atm I use my ghd's to curl it away from my face and it tends to go a bit spiral (iykwim) and I like the look of it.

But it does need doing every day. :rolleyes:

Is there a perm that would gently have the same effect?

you could get an acid perm on spiral rods :green:, but to be honest hun , i would just do it with the ghds everyday , its only the same as straigtening aint it

you could get an acid perm on spiral rods :green:, but to be honest hun , i would just do it with the ghds everyday , its only the same as straigtening aint it

Ah, thanks Dee. But I'm really lazy! :lol:

Hi Blossom
I agree with Dee because a perm will never look like curling it with tongs or straighteners, it maybe even more work.

Ah, thanks Dee. But I'm really lazy! :lol:
have you tried using tongs ? as these are a bit eaier to use on yourself than doing it with ghds .
you can get a good result , have a nosy in my profile album , theres some pics in there i did with tongs :green:

i agree it wouldnt look like the ghd curls, people who have this sort of perm are always disappointed. it would either be too little or too much.
sorry!
x

Also to add I had my hair permed for many years and I would have to wet it/wash it every day and diffuser it or it looked like a birds nest. Id stick to the ghds!

OK, you've convinced me! Thank you :lol::hug:

I also agree with all the others too ,

but when hair is very straight and wont hold a curl at all

I must admit I like to put a very slight S bend in it ,
this way the hair looks ok wet
and it will help hold any curls that the client wants to put in it . :hug:

Latest posts

Back