A question for the geeks

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi:)

Well.. this just happened today and has to be the freakiest thing that has every happened.

Its a bit long winded.

I have a client she is Indian, a lovely lady, she has a 19 year old son, and for the past few months has been planning his arranged marriage to a girl they are brining out from india.

She told me he had an australian girlfriend, they have been trying to break up the relationship because he is getting married, his australian girlfriend had no idea he is engaged to this indian girl and that his family is planning a wedding.

My client came 3 weeks ago, got her nails done for the wedding , came back last week and told me how wonderful the wedding was.

Today i get a mother and daughter come to get full sets, i know the mum from her coming to get her hair done in the salon, and her daughter came with her boyfriend, he was all loving to her and paid for her nails, and then they left as i was starting her mum.

Me and her mum got talking and she was telling me about her daughers boyfriends parents and how they dont accept her and that they tried to break up the relationship.

She was telling me her daughters boyfriend is indian, as i had already seen him i gathered that, and that they are getting engaged this saturday , hence the daughter getting her nails done.

I know ONE indian person, out of many many hundred of thousands of indians in australia, and we got chatting and i was telling her one of my clients who is indian had a son get married a few weeks ago , ( not having met the son or knowing his name) and then she she says to me his mums name isnt blah blah, and im like uh yeah, and she says thats my daughers boyfriends mum!!!!!

I was like oh my god, and she starts bawling her eyes out while im doing her nails and then sends an SMS to the boyfriend asking if he is married!!!

Im freaking out , thinking oh my god what have i done, i had absolutly no idea this was the same boy that got married 3 weeks ago!!

The saga is still kind of continuing with the girls mother callign me at home tonite wanting me to call my Indian client and confirm that they are married as the boy is denying it.

I politely told her i didnt wish to get involved and i was extremely sorry as i had no idea.

Should be an interesting few weeks coming up for me :(

I will keep you all posted.

Kerrie :)

Please keep us posted, its better than eastenders! Not that i would wish the situation on anybody, wot a mess!

God it is a mess - hey ho - you must keep us posted though. It's your worse nightmare - move over KAT!

Cathy

4 weeks ago, i arrived at work and the girls said 'we've booked a lady in at 10, she's been in before for other stuff and she's quite hard going, so just thought i'd warn you' :suprised: when she arrived we disscussed her requirements and commenced the service. shortly after starting she told me she had tried nearly every tech in town and never been satisfied with her nails :eek: . her 20 year old son who was with her said 'yes, remember that one you nearly punched a few weeks ago' :eek: :eek: :eek: .and she then went on to tell me that she had done tech training herself but didnt do nails because it was boring [more like its a tad more difficult than she thought it would be :rolleyes: ].so all through the service i am practically pooping myself coz this lady is so scarey. when i finished she said they were the best nails she ever got. :cool so this is a huge relief in one way and quite a compliment i guess, trouble is every 2 weeks i know shes going to be back and tomorrows her second fill. shes not getting any less scarey i can tell you! :eek: :cry:

Hi :)

A little update on whats going on ....

The daughers mum came in this morning for a repair as she bit a few nails off with all the stress, so i tell her to come back in a few hours and ill fix them for her.

In the mean time we are all kind of stressing wondering what happened , so she comes back sits down and i ask her how she is doing and how her daugher is doing.

She tells me that she asked him many many times if he was married and he tells her he isnt. I ask her if she called his mum and she said no im not speaking to her as she abused me last time i talked to her and my daughers boyfriend said that if i call her she will only say he is married just to cause trouble lol

soooooooooo she tells me that the boyfriend asked her to tell me not to mention this to his mum lol

So i tell her i wasnt going to anyway as its not my business and it was just a freaky conincidence and im sorry for telling her the bad news. Then she tells me oh its ok we will just wait and see what happens. I said well maybe i got it wrong maybe there are two blah blahs and they both have 19 year old sons that have the same name for mums, and she says yeah maybe. LOL

The girls and i were just speachless after she left, i think she is in total denyal or totally niave , we cant figure out which one yet lol

The boys mum is due in thursday afternoon and is bringing wedding pictures, lets see if they are the same boy. Of course i dont think its my place to tell the mum but its put me in an awkard position.

Kerrie :)

The funniest thing that happened in our spa didn't happen to me, but to my best friend while I was in the room. A woman came in to have a pedi and a mani. She brought her 7 year old daughter with her. The pedicure was uneventful, but when she came out to sit for her manicure, she started to complain that it was hot. Half of our clients change into spa robes when they come in, because they are usually having massage, facial, or body treatment. So she had on a robe, and was complaining that she was hot. I think she was having hot flashes. I fetched her some cold water, but that didn't help her. The lady asked us if there were any men around and we said no. So what do you think she did?? She disrobed!! Right in front of us....Pulled the robe off of her shoulders, and let it fall around her lap, breasts and all, sitting in the chair having a manicure! My eyes all but popped out of my head! Her daughter is just walking around the room playing with bottles of polish like nothing has happened. And my co-worker tried her best to finish that manicure as fast as possible!!
On another note, I have seen many woman in salons crying and upset over cheating husbands. Even on their cell phones screaming and crying.
One lady came in for a manicure, and she was shaking. I asked her if she was ok, and she said that while she was driving in to her appointment, she passed a restaurant and saw her husband inside dining with another woman! She said she put the car in reverse.....looked again, and sure enough it was him! I asked her why she didn't go in, and why she came in to get a freakin' manicure!! I would have bust up that party pronto!! Poor thing. She just sat there and cried.
Diya

I'm in stitches - this is so funny!

Kerrie, you have got to let us know on Thursday night if it was the groom in the photos. The suspense is killing me........ or am I just nosey? Bit of both I think.

Give us some more ladies, I'm loving it.

Sorry, I don't have any funnies yet - but gimme time!

Sherry.x

I was already to relax for the evening due to a busy day. Phone rang and my Client asked if l could fit her in for a Spa Manicure as she was in my area.

Had only bought the kit the day before and looking forward to using it.

She was coming to me and l was looking forward to the gorgeous smells and her reaction to the Manicure.

The treatment was going well, having a good chat and then came the cuticle remover - picked it up and gently squeezed - nothing?
Ha ha l thought the top twists - nothing?
After several minutes of trying to fathom how the hell to get the remover to leave the bottle THE LIGHT WENT ON ABOVE MY HEAD - new kit, new bottle unscrewed the bottle top and low and behold a nice silver seal right over the neck which explained why i couldn't use it.
Talk about feeling a total plonker and having uncontrollable laughter due to not looking composed just stupid.

Anyway just when l thought great nearly finished my youngest woke up (my fault laughing like a mad person) settled him, came back apologised as it was to late to get a sitter started the color to be told that l had not put the base coat on the right hand so very sweetly smiled (my eyes didn't) carried on with the base coat etc.

Client in raptures over the Manicure even the fact my brain was asleep on and off. She apologised and promised to make her next appointment at an earlier time.

Theresa Dickson
Mobile Tech

Latest posts

Back