A question to all

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
do you think it will come back on me as "policing"?:eek: Will peeps here view it as military regiment?
:D Sorry for the sarcasm..just my humor in it all.

Nope I am sure they wont babes :hug:

:lol::lol::lol: It's 30+ here too, so I know how you feel......sorry to all of you in the UK don't mean to rub it in!!:green:

A geeks gotta do what a geeks gotta do! :rolleyes::lol:

i think it's high time you spanish lot started spreading that sunshine over here!!!! I believe we amused you on friday night sassy, now it's your turn.

I WANT SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!:lol:

i think it's high time you spanish lot started spreading that sunshine over here!!!! I believe we amused you on friday night sassy, now it's your turn.

I tell you what, sat here seeing the awful scenes of flooding througout the country and with more threats to come, I would just be so relieved to see the rain stop.

I can't believe that places are going to be without water for 2 weeks, and there is no end in sight :eek:

sassy to do an anti rain dance sassy to do an anti rain dance........wearing a coconut shells....

Sass get that muffin top out girl and start the chant........ uk needs sun :lol:

Sass get that muffin top out girl and start the chant........ uk needs sun :lol:

muffin top....i love that saying...pmsl......sorry it tickles me everytime i hear it :lol:

muffin top....i love that saying...pmsl......sorry it tickles me everytime i hear it :lol:

trouble is Lell knows I have one - ruddy double chocolate too!

I have 2 lol triple choc :lol:

Do I want to know what a muffin top is (if it's what I'm thinking then ewww no i dont lmao)!!!!!!

Do I want to know what a muffin top is (if it's what I'm thinking then ewww no i dont lmao)!!!!!!

its ya trouser overhang hun.......i have plenty pmsl

its ya trouser overhang hun.......i have plenty pmsl

Phew lol, I was thinking something a bit lower that was in dire need of an appointment with a strimmer. God I'm so twisted lol.:green:

Phew lol, I was thinking something a bit lower that was in dire need of an appointment with a strimmer. God I'm so twisted lol.:green:

pmsl thought you where thinking along them lines too....so i must be twisted for thinking thats what you where thinking......:lol:

pmsl thought you where thinking along them lines too....so i must be twisted for thinking thats what you where thinking......:lol:

And lets leave that one right there lmao :lol::lol::lol: I have a client and certainly dont want to be thinking about anyones muffin top and BTW Lelli, you dont have a muffin top, you are toooooo tiny hun.

I have been reading a certain Journal entry and it got me thinking about the newer members of this site and the less qualified techs,( Also anyone who would like to answer please keep it nice and constructive.)
So I would like you all to give some input into this thread my questions are
1. Do you feel that you can post without feeling inferior ????
I would not say that I feel inferior, but perhaps uncomfortable at times and have apprehensions depending on who has posted and who in turn will post. Sometimes, I feel there is no point in having an opinion. However that said, open discussions or debates can solve a lot of problems.
2. Do you get the answers you require ???
I normally do a search first, and, failing that post my question and get some answers. However when I do a search I get lost for days!!!!!!
3. How friendly do you find the site ???[/quote
On the whole I find the site friendly, I have made some great friends on here, but yet again it depends on what you post and who replies :wink2:

Great thread Lell, and Rach what do you mean I'm smelly? I had a shower today!!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

can someone please fix my quote box????

I have been reading a certain Journal entry and it got me thinking about the newer members of this site and the less qualified techs,( Also anyone who would like to answer please keep it nice and constructive.)

Absolutely....but I did not alays feel like that.....I was a newbie once too!!
Although I think I did start off on the wrong foot with a few...but I soon learned. I do tend to be the sort of person who learns from her mistakes, not just in nails, but in life generally!!

I don't tend to post many threads, but try and post to help newbies with technical questions, especially about L&P. Most of my threads are kind of general, but yes they get answered.
3. How friendly do you find the site ???

I find the site extremely friendly, always have even when I was getting told off initially...it was for my own good after all!!

I think to say there are cliques a bit unfair. Yes some of us that have been here a while know each other better, and can pick up on each others humour. Some of this can go over newbies heads, but it doesn't make it a problem!!
I know I can be a bit abrupt with answers sometimes...(only when I read over them days later), at the time I think I am just being clear and succint!! Maybe it's the Scottish in me and I am mean with words lol:lol:

I sometimes feel out of it on this site, as it seems everyone else is PM'ing like mad and MSN' ing.......I just come on, read threads, and answer when I can, and sometimes have a laugh in my journal.
I communicate in threads, very rarely in private messages......so I definitely ain't in a clique...although I do like to keep in with the Mods!!!

I think on the whole this has been a very constructive thread...so thanks Lell for posting it.
Your heart must have been in your mouth wondering what way it would go though!!!

It certainly has given me food for thought.

As for Sassy.......re your dancing terminology....I ain't no go go dancer...nor a wallflower....I sometimes think I could be the old chaperone at the School Dance though!!!! :lol:

As for Sassy.......re your dancing terminology....I ain't no go go dancer...nor a wallflower....I sometimes think I could be the old chaperone at the School Dance though!!!! :lol:

You could be Principal McGee out of Grease, and how cool is that, it even sounds Scottish!

I used to post quite often but I had the confidence knocked out of me when I was told by a very respected nail professional that some of my posts were at best sarcastic and often quite hurtful. I had never really felt that I was a intentional hurtful person but I lost confidence in posting as I didn't/dont want to cause offence to anyone. I only post now on the rare occasion when I KNOW for definite that the answer I give is 100% correct and leaves no ambiguity. The majority of the time I feel I don't have anything interesting to post that other geeks would want to read anyway so I must be one of the wallflowers who sit and watch the world go by. Lack of confidence maybe!

I tend to come on and read what others post nowadays and I never comment on threads that are none constructive.

2. Do you get the answers you require ??? I often feel guilty (re my above answer) to asking questions as I don't feel I contribute enough these days to this site. There is not many times I don't get the answer that I seek, there is always someone or a few geeks that help me out in the right direction and I am always very grateful for their opinions and knowledge that they are willing to share. I use the search engine all the time and have spent many an hour just reading through old threads .. some very interesting reading in the search engine :)

3. How friendly do you find the site ???The majority of the time the site is very friendly. I find it comes in waves, a new geek here and there really gets involved in posts and before long are contributing their thoughts and opinions like they have been around here since word dot, which is good of course. Just occasionally, we get the over zealous geek that feels their opinion is the only one that counts and suddenly we have an influx of 'bitchy' threads that end up in a slanging match between various geeks. Thankfully this isn't the norm.

A very interesting thread Lell, with lots of varying opinions. :hug:

3. How friendly do you find the site ???

I have just read through entire posts and think it is very thought provoking.
To be honest I don't care if there are cliques on here, that happens in life and we are in an age where a lot of people communicate via the internet so you are not going to pick up on a person's tone of voice or such with typing!

When I did my nail course I thought I would be able to go and produce fantastic nails straight away. :irked: I was taught with generic nail products and struggled for ages to find information etc. Then I came across this site. It has been a godsend to me for information. Also recently the video tutorials showing all different application methods etc are brilliant and really help a person out to visualise where maybe they are going wrong. Thank you to all the people that have taken the time and effort to show their skills free of charge through this site.

I don't post an awful lot as I really find mostly what I'm looking for already posted. There are people on here that genuinely give out great information regardless of what product a person uses. I do think ultimately that is what this site is fantastic for.

You should never be made to feel inferior for asking a question. I think it's awful to make someone else feel stupid or small by giving out negative vibes. We all have to start somewhere and none of us knows everything.

If we did there would be no need for this site!!!

Paula xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back