A shorter-term alternative??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenny-Nails

Reaction score
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ...Hmmmm...just wondering if anyone uses/knows of a good nail enhancement system that is better suited for people asking for enhancements as 'one-offs'...or just for special occasions?

When it comes to Xmas and the holiday & wedding season, I am always approached by ladies asking for sets of enhancements for their holiday's...or a party they've been invited to.

Just wondering, if they are really not interested in my lovely CND P&W L&P creations! (ha ha), is there a alternative to offer them?? There are some ladies out there that feel £35 a set is 'too much' for a 'one-off' set of nails.

I am a bit of a perfectionist and cannot compromise on quality and the look of finished nails, so I really couldn't consider using a 'poor quality' product that doesn't look or last well.

I am looking for a 'cheaper' alternative to offer the 'non-dedicated' ladies out there!!!!

Does anyone know of or use any such thing that I am talking about..??!!!

Hope someone can help...

Cheers guys

Jenny :)

Hi Jenny

How about adding party nails to you services for the lady that only wants them for a special occasion.
I do these by adding tips one or two coats of resin and finish off with a coat of cool gel and buff up and polish if required.
Just a thought

Take care Dawnie

Hi Jenny,

I honestly think that to do "party" nails will take as much time as doing full enhancements. You still have to prep properly etc. I look at it that if someone wants a poor quality set of nails that will only last the weekend then they should be going to DIY nails. Why should you compromise your quality to give them poor nails.

On the other side - I have a few clients who came for nails only for a wedding or special occasion etc and they loved them so much they keep coming back - would your "party" nail clients do that.

If you did a set of nails only designed to stay on for a weekend - come Monday morning and they start popping off are these clients going to explain to others when asked, that they were only supposed to last a couple of days or is your reputation going to take a knock.

Just food for thought - I say dont compromise, stick to your good quality nails.

I wish to apologise to anyone who has been offended by my post.

I did not mean to imply that Dawnie's nails would be poor quality. I was trying to indicate that someone who for example only does L&P nails may struggle to do the nails the way Dawnie suggests, in less time, and to the standard a tech experienced with resins would do them.

No slur was meant.

Hi there

I know what you mean we have lots of clients like that who because of their jobs carnt wear enhancements all the time. For these occasions we use backscratchers acrylic dip system you can do a set in an hour to hour and half. Its quick and easy the most time consuming bit is applying the tips, if you use french 45 mins. They soak off in about 20 mins. A good quick system, not cheap, but not as time consuming. Its still a quality product and you get a good result.

I agree with Tracy, i use backscratchers extreme powder when my clients want a temporary nail, they`re strong, beautiful and take half the time to apply and don`t start pinging off after the weekend.
They do however have to come back in for soaking off so it isn`t for someone trying to save money, just for someone that wants special nails but temporary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back