A Spray Tanning Chill Pill

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
pot, kettle,....... if it didn't mean that much (or bothered you) remove the link from your profile
anyways you all look like walking carrots, i ain't seen a natural looking spray tan yet, do you know that the general public laugh when they see a spray tan, we even call em the "carrot brigade",
Smarten up, wise up and get a better color, until then you all look like you been smoking 20 cigarettes between every orifice available. Yeah, you may well laugh, you may even bitch, but look between your fingers, look behind your kness, look around your ankles, then after a minute, jump in the shower, most of you guys look like you have a disease from the planet "carrotonanus".

Very generalised comments there Carl. I haven't had an orange client to date yet either. As for nicotine fingers, none of my clients are heavy smokers lol! There must be some pretty poor spary tanners in your neck of the world if this is what you think of us all.

I Have Never Seen A Natural Looking Spray Tan To Date................ever, Spray Stain Perhaps, But Not Spray Tan

Hmm that's the same attitude that says all nail enhancments look long, square and French and totally fake. It's the fake ones you notice, the good tans do look natural and, as with nails, if applied correctly then none of the above is relevant. Sound like you have a lot of tanning DIYers in Oz, we get them here and they stand out like a sore thumb!

My thoughts exactly....you don't notice the good ones or recognise them as being fake tan (spray or manual) because they look so natural!

If people get patchy areas this is down to them not following aftercare properly. I find aftercare very easy because I exfoliate lightly everyday and moisturise twice daily regardless of whether I have fake tan applied or not. It really isn't that difficult to keep a tan looking lovely! I suppose some people who don't follow a skincare regime regularly may find it difficult if they're just use to soap and water.

I don't know about anyone else here but it seems that the Geek is currently being used as a way of directly advertising and promoting companies in and pushy and unprofessional manner.

I can't say that i have noticed this myself. If this is happening then the people that are doing it aren't doing themselves any favours, if anything losing business !!

Obviously i don't agree with spamming, or pushing a product but i think if more tanning professionals join this site then we get more & more views which can't be a bad thing ?

I Have Never Seen A Natural Looking Spray Tan To Date................ever, Spray Stain Perhaps, But Not Spray Tan

Well there are plenty out there... right infront of you... its just that they look so natural.. you havent noticed lol!

With the risk of skin cancer from sun beds and the natural sun, I would think good quality spray tanning would be big business in hot climates such as Australia? Or am I just generalising here?

Forget the tanning chill pill, I think we need a total geek chill pill.

The moderators have had to deal with more reported posts in the past 24 hours than we have had to in the past 6 months. :smack:

There's a difference between honesty and being personal and rude, please don't forget it. It's not what you say it's how you say it.

If I wanted to clear up after people all day I'd have become a road sweeper :lol:

Thank you for your cooperation.

i have to do nails on these tanning clients ....victims, i look between their fingers.......... and i see what i see, then i do pedicures on them and see the stain buildup in their hair follicles, you cannot argue this, the stain accumulates around the hair follicles and between the fingers/toes, behind the knees, in the elbow region/wrinkles in wrists, no matter how good you are, it just happens, its the way the skin is, please don't lie to yourself, it's almost like saying French looks real, have we all lost touch about what looks real and what doesn't? We do our best to imitate nature and what is natural, but few achieve it.

i have to do nails on these tanning clients ....victims, i look between their fingers.......... and i see what i see, then i do pedicures on them and see the stain buildup in their hair follicles, you cannot argue this, the stain accumulates around the hair follicles and between the fingers/toes, behind the knees, in the elbow region/wrinkles in wrists, no matter how good you are, it just happens, its the way the skin is, please don't lie to yourself, it's almost like saying French looks real, have we all lost touch about what looks real and what doesn't? We do our best to imitate nature and what is natural, but few achieve it.

The stain doesn't build up if they exfoliate properly and moisturise properly mate.
My tans are lovely, even if I do say so myself.
Someone has to :)

I think you need to start selling exfoliator to your clients Carl.. they sound a grubby bunch to me... LOL!!!

:hug::hug:

DHA-based fake tan isn't a stain, it is a chemical reaction between the DHA and the skin, so the 'build-up' is dead skin that your client has failed to rid themselves of by way of exfoliation.

Smarten up, wise up and get a better color, until then you all look like you been smoking 20 cigarettes between every orifice available. Yeah, you may well laugh, you may even bitch, but look between your fingers, look behind your kness, look around your ankles, then after a minute, jump in the shower, most of you guys look like you have a disease from the planet "carrotonanus".

I wouldnt even call this a generalised comment. I guess you havent had a good tanning experience, the majority of my clients look great, i think if you referred to them to there face as carrotonanus they may have something to say. People are thinking safer these days, they are opting for sprays as its the safer option to a sunbed.
Its quite a rude comment actually as the girls on here are professionals. sorry to have to say

they look close to real, but not quite real enough........ just like many nails....... almost, but not quite. There are some exceptions, but not many. Show me some examples please

Carl

You are always welcome to come and inspect the back of my knees and ears for tel tale grubby marks anytime hun :lol: ......... sounds like you haven't experienced a good quality combination of preparation, solution and correct application yet......

Mandy x

Well now if I didn't know the facts about nails and how they should look, then with the amount of tans I have done with people who have had their nails done elsewhere then I too would also say that ALL nail extensions look fake, thick and really awful, because I have seen so many of those too.

If you really believe that all fake tans look fake then that is your choice, but it is the same attitude that we as nail technicians come up time again when people say stuff like nail extensions damage your nails, or gel is better than acrylic. Your experience is based on examples of poorly applied and poorly maintained tans which is prejudicing your viewpoint against a professionaly applied and properly maintained tan. Whether you like it or not there is a huge difference.

Trouble is when people DIY they go over the top, they get addicted and they think that they look fine when in fact they look like a satsuma that's had an acid peel. :lol:

Latest posts

Back