A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will all have to report back saying how much we love/hate it!! Good luck everyone.

Will do! Good luck to everyone from me too :D

Good luck girls! I did my Beauty Therapy qualification in 2010 and it was the best decision I made, your love it :D x

Hey :) Just thought I'd say Hi! I start my NVQ Level 1 in hair and beauty soon! I enrol a week today! So excited :) Really looking forward to getting my kit and uniforms, when does everyone else start? :) x

I start on Monday!!! So excited!! Had to buy a suitcase for my kit!! Think it's far to big but hey hoo!

Good luck!!

xxxx

eeek how did your first day go? Spill, spill!

I have to go in tomorrow for 11am ... still not sure where my qualification certificates are :o MUST go hunt in the garage in a few for it!

Well all went great Monday, Tuesday! I love it!! The salon is all new I was like a kid at Christmas! Its beautiful. Lectures are all lovely, just wish I was there ALL week.

Got homework to do and can't wait to do it!!

How is everyone else?

xxxx

I started yesterday - just an induction day before we properly start on Monday.

Got my list of kit to buy... its very small? as in costs £36 total with VAT and its just basics like headbands, cuticle nippers etc and a tint kit that does 4 treatments. I almost wish I could buy more just because I want to root through it all and get excited lol.

Still no timetable though grrr, which isnt good for sorting out with my work. I know I will be in all day on Thursdays from 10am - 8pm but that is it. We wont find out the rest until Monday when we go back. I also wish they had told us we will be in 9am - 4pm Monday - Wednesday for the first week so I could have arranged the days off work! As it is im supposed to be working 1pm - 5pm each day and clearly I cant :sad: hate letting my work down telling them I cant do it.

That said, I AM looking forward to getting started :)

I started yesterday - just an induction day before we properly start on Monday.

Got my list of kit to buy... its very small? as in costs £36 total with VAT and its just basics like headbands, cuticle nippers etc and a tint kit that does 4 treatments. I almost wish I could buy more just because I want to root through it all and get excited lol.

Still no timetable though grrr, which isnt good for sorting out with my work. I know I will be in all day on Thursdays from 10am - 8pm but that is it. We wont find out the rest until Monday when we go back. I also wish they had told us we will be in 9am - 4pm Monday - Wednesday for the first week so I could have arranged the days off work! As it is im supposed to be working 1pm - 5pm each day and clearly I cant :sad: hate letting my work down telling them I cant do it.

That said, I AM looking forward to getting started :)

God!! Your kit is really cheap! The kit we had to buy was £210!!

Wish I was there all week. Only there Monday Tuesday, 9-8! Missing it today!!

Good luck with your course!!

xxxxx

I've just had my place confirmed today!! Very excited hehe enrol next Tuesday and then induction the following week!! Far too excited hehe, this is a great thred and means we can all support each other! But yeah, pretty scared about the old eyebrows!!

Am I allowed to join too? Enrolled today onto level 2 hair and media make-up! Induction next wednesday too excited!!!

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

course you can join :)

wow that kit is very pricey! I had expected to spend about £150 total, I was very shocked how little they want me to buy. Doh!

Good luck to you all. I hope you enjoy it. My daughter is starting next week and I very excited. X

Think I can top all, my kit is £340 without uniform! Gotta an imterview today though to see if they class my financial situation as poor enough to buy it for me lol xx

Sent from my ST25i using SalonGeek

My fob watch and nurses dictionary arrived this morning. I could barely contain my excitement!

Soo looking forward to it xx

Wow . . just reading all of your posts (after I just posted!)

I don't start until the 15th! I am really excited and cannot wait. Our kit is all included in our fee's. They even provide shoes!

I am on a fast track course on Saturdays.

Hope all that have already started are enjoying it! xx

My kit and uniform came today :D so excited. I have my induction next week and the start properly the week after, can't wait!

We wont even order our uniforms until next week. Think Buttercups (Im sure that was the name - a south of Ireland company?) are coming in to measure us up and sort us out. The uniforms are only going to be £26 so pretty cheap too.

I enrolled yesterday for my level 1, the kit was £125 and my uniform was £112 so quite a lot really, but the college are paying for it so yay lol! I go next Tuesday & Thursday for induction and then start the week after properly! So excited :biggrin: x

Hi ladies, wanted to join this thread, I started the HND course on Monday, I've done my level 2 & 3 and can't wait to get into the next 2 years, I will be covering most of the units I have already done but I'm looking at it as learning new skills, you can never know too much, we got the rest of this week off as they have brought in Elemis for us to work with which is so exciting so we have had the online training to do at home before we start the product training on Monday!
Good luck with your course everyone!

Lisa

Latest posts

Back