A thread for those starting an NVQ in Beauty in September

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LilMissEmmylou

Reaction score
There seems to be lots of threads popping up from I joined last month for people excited they are going to do their NVQ in September.

Im right there long with you all very excited to be going and thought it might be nice if we had a wee thread to support and keep each other motivated (rather than lots of threads on the topic).

So come on and say hello and tell us what your most and least looking forward to - for me my most is head massage.... I love having a head massage! EVERYONE can feel free to practice on me :lol: least is waxing - not because I mind being waxed.... i just worry somebody may screw up my eyebrows :eek:

Hey, am starting in September too. This is a great idea. Honestly looking forward to it all, am a little worried about the waxing part too, in case I hurt someone, practise makes perfect, have already warned my bf and my friends.

xxx

My boyfriend has said I will not be using him as a test subject haha. I will just have to make do with female family members and the ladies in work (I work in Boots, so full of women!)

My boyfriend has said I will not be using him as a test subject haha. I will just have to make do with female family members and the ladies in work (I work in Boots, so full of women!)

Hehe sure he will. That's great that you work in boots, loads of ladies there for you. You could practise on your break!! Hehe only joking, sign on staffroom door, "waxing in progress" hehe

I went into college to be a model to see how it was, I loved it, that definitely made my mind up about doing this, after doing midwifery at uni am more excited about beauty therapy, I really can't wait xx

I think I may have been more excited when I did my degree, but then it's what I really wanted to do but it's just not that easy here in n.ireland. Retraining has me excited at the prospects of building up to owning a salon someday though :D Although my nan would have loved me to have been a midwife! (shes a nurse)

and lol i wouldnt mind going in on a day im off to do practice on the girls over their breaks so dont be too shocked if I need to make that sign haha

hi! im also starting my nvq in beauty in sept and am so looking forward to it!!!! after 5 years out of work (raising my kids) i am most looking forward to adult company!!!! ha ha, only thing im really worried about is practicing on each other when it comes to eyebrows as i have none!! (overplucking as a teenager:o) so who ever gets stuck with me will be out of luck! but mainly i am really excited to learn everything and eventually get back to work!!! xx

Good luck Girlies I passes mine last month xxx

lol we are all going to be stressed by the eyebrows hey Sydneey hehe.

Good to have another friend plodding down the NVQ route a little older than 16/17 :o. How many kiddies do you have?

My littley made me feel proud today, we were in the car and she mentioned "yeah when mummy and I are running our salon" hehe. She is so looking forward to me doing this course and letting her have a princess pamper party for her birthday this year (she will only be 6 lol).

ha ha tell me about it, i just hope i dont feel old on the course ha ha. i have 2, a girl at 5 and a boy at 2, they do say the funniest things dont they?? my daughter asked the other day if she could get acrylics done, and when the lady comes to do my nails my son always asks for his doing ha ha!:)

good luck girls! I have just finished my level 2 this week and I will be starting level 3 in September. Its a hard year but you get as much out of it as you put it and it all pays off in the end!!

BeautybyK - I imagine it a great feeling having yr 1 done with! I am itching to get started! Totally going to do a spray tan course before I start the NVQ just so i can "work in the industry" while I am learning. Something for the CV at least :D

BeautybyK - I imagine it a great feeling having yr 1 done with! I am itching to get started! Totally going to do a spray tan course before I start the NVQ just so i can "work in the industry" while I am learning. Something for the CV at least :D

It definately is!! You should, I trained with Fake Bake in April and it's now my favourite thing to do. You can make so much money for just a 5 minute job. Have you got any of your books yet? or your kit? we never got ours for weeks after we started!

xx

They haven't given us any info on which book(s) they will be using or the kit list. So sadly not. I have been toying with emailing and asking what book they use so I can at least get a head start with that.

I was looking at the LA Tan kit they have reduced at the mo from £600 odd to £250 ish but I would need to book onto a tan course seperate as im not up for doing their online one and can't see anything saying they do them in n.ireland booo. Saying that... I would just use up the solution in the kit and then move to Novatan :lol:

Aw thats a shame, was going to suggest getting a head start with your anatomy and physiology it definitely takes a while to get your head around it all. Yeah I dont think you can get insured from online training either and I would never be confident with it without seeing it in person. Also training days are really good fun and you meet great people.

Hey everyone . . .

I am starting an ITEC diploma in September at The Yorkshire College of Beauty. Soooo excited!

Subscribing to this thread as in a few months I can pretty much guarantee I will be saying "I need help!" xx

Hi Everyone!

I start NVQ Level 2 Beauty in September, I am sooo excited!! My boyfriend, friends and family have been warned that I will need alot of practice!

:) XX

Hi Everyone!

I'm starting my Level 2 Diploma in September - can't wait!

My kit is ordered, my uniform has arrived (horrible!!! lol!), and I am ready to go!

I used to work in financial services until 2001 when I had my first son. Haven't worked since then (I have been a stay at home mum). Have been dreaming about this for years - hope it's as good as my expectations!

Can't wait to hear about you all.

N x :hug:

Hi everyone,
Had my interview yesterday for beauty therapy level 2 and got accepted onto the course. So happy can't wait for september :D
I've been asked to attend a taster/warm up day, where they will test my practical skills. Does anyone else have to attend something like this?

Uniform already Nikki? Im envious!

I replied to my letter of offer in May... and I STILL havent had a "thank you for confirming your place on the course" letter or email! I even sent a follow up email and nothing :eek:

I may have to call them this week as I A - really want to know my place is secure and B - want to know what book to buy to start study early :lol:

EmmyLou, I would def give them a call. Surely you have to order your kit, uniform etc? When I enrolled last week they advised me to order asap as it takes a few weeks. The uniform came in a few days (with shoes delayed), but the rest hasn't turned up yet.

I was hoping to take my course book on holiday with me to read through (think I might be the class 'swot'!) as I am going to miss a week and a half of college next term due to previous commitments.

Not aware of having to go to an open day to do any practical skills. Good job too, as I don't have any! I suppose I could show thm how well I epilate my legs !;)

Latest posts

Back