Aaaargh these bloomin air bubbles!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver_griffin

Reaction score
Im still getting air bubbles under my tips :irked:

I have read and re read my manual and watched the DVD over and over and I still cant get it, I'm wasting my tips now and its driving me nuts!!!!

I pull the tip down til I hear the click then push the tip back til its flush with the natural nail, it all looks good so I hold in that position then a second or two later a bubble creeps up from the free edge of the natural nail and thats it bug***ed!

I done a lovely nail last night but it seems to be a one off :cry:

Anybody know where Im going wrong???

just a couple of questions..
are you filing the free edge to fit flush to the shape of the well?
are you lining up the tip at the free edge placing it at an angle then tilting it down onto the nail?
what glue are you using? I prefer to use a gel type glue as it tends to 'fill' in all areas.
Dont beat yourself up. It has happend to most of us at some point x

Nicky,

To answers your questions....

just a couple of questions..
are you filing the free edge to fit flush to the shape of the well? - Yes, as best I can

are you lining up the tip at the free edge placing it at an angle then tilting it down onto the nail? - Yip, after drawing it down til it clicks

what glue are you using? I prefer to use a gel type glue as it tends to 'fill' in all areas. - the adhesive is the one supplied with the training kit (Essential Nails)

Dont beat yourself up. It has happend to most of us at some point x

Thanks,

Deff check that the shape of the FE is the same as the well area, as soon as I read your post this is what sprang to mind.

I'm on MSN if you want some pointers

Rachel xxxx

Rachel,

I think that may be the prob, any tips on getting it the same or is it just down to practice??? Have given up for this evening, am too tired now lol!

Be sure you use enough glue,and that it is evenly spread through the well area. (I did 17 sets of nails before I could apply tips without a well area lol, does that make you feel better??)

Does your tip have the same c-curve as the nail you're fitting it to? If you have a flat nail and a curvy tip you will never be able to fit the tip snugly and it will be forever trying to "pop off" the nail; likewise if you have a curvy nail and your tip is much flatter, your "wings" will stick up hth x (Don't lose heart hun)

OK take a deep breath. I think alot of the problems are you are getting too frustrated with yourself. You will contuinue to make mistakes working like this. I'm sure we have all been guilty of this too, I know I have.

Firstly, when you have ur nail in place, select a tip and look at the C curve of the tip and the C curve of the nail. if the tip is way more curvy than the nail go a size up and taylor the tip. Cut out some of the well so is doesnt cover more than a third to half the nail bed. Streamline the side walls, keep placing the tip over the nail and press it into place and you can see how much it overhangs. File this off. then once it fits sidewall to side wall, check the Free edge of the nail and make sure it mirrors the shape of the well exactly. If it doesnt, file the free edge, keep checking it.

Once you have done this, and you have triple checked it (this will become easier once you have done it a few times) then apply the adhesive to the tip and spread evenly. I think you need to use a bit more adhesive than you are currently using from what you have said on MSN. Also, apply a dot of glue to the very tip of the nail. then apply your tip. Hold it in place for 30 seconds and then hold it a bit longer (Get some of the adhesive we were talking about, it works much better).

And then hopefully you should have managed to fit a tip to the nail without air bubbles.

if at first u dont succeed try again but dont get to the stage where you want to melt your trainer hand and make an ashtray out of him. Take a break before then and approach him again when you have calmed down.

Any problems you know where i am.

HTH

Rachel xx

Latest posts

Back