Absolute newbie over here!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilingsweetheart

Reaction score
Hi lovelies!

I'm looking to start doing gel nails from home but stuck at the first hurdle.. The training.
Currently I'm not interested in offering extensions, just gel polish on hands and feet with nail art if a client wishes so I believe a Manicure & Pedicure course, Gel polish and Gel Polish Design courses are a must. I'm in South West UK but can travel if need be.
Many sites just state 'certificate on completion' but I'm unsure as to specific ones I should be looking to get.

I welcome your advice on which courses to take and also advise on the best brand of Gel.

Many thanks :)

Check out your local college for nail courses. This would ensure you get a recognised qualification in mani, pedi, gel & be able to get insurance.
Once you have done this, go on a product specific training day / week to learn about the exact brand you are going to use.

Hey! I’d totally recommend the creative beauty group for their gel nail training. I did my gel manicure with them back in April, using the Gel two system. Their training was spot on, they were super welcoming and made you feel totally at ease.
Like you I am just starting out, so I know it’s scary getting the right training, using the best products and making a good start.

I can’t recommend them enough, but I also know it depends on your budget, availability etc.

I’m currently finishing up my essential nails spa mani & pedi course as I bought this years ago so adding that on as an extra. I think essential nails may be a little bit of a swear word on here, so I’m not necessarily recommending you do a course through them because you can’t get better than being classroom trained with top educators in the industry. Either way have fun on your journey and do keep in touch. It’s always nice having people to chat to on here [emoji5][emoji1317]

Try and start out with a national vocational training certificate like a VTCT or an NVQ.
Level 2 Nail Tech covers everything you listed if you apply for the gel polish bolt on, plus it covers extensions, which you’ll be glad you did in the end. [emoji6]
Vocational qualifications are universally recognised which means you have free choice to decide on your brands, insurance and professional memberships moving forward.
Once you have this, training with a specific brand is usually simplified because they can see that you already have a good foundation.

Hi lovelies!

I'm looking to start doing gel nails from home but stuck at the first hurdle.. The training.
Currently I'm not interested in offering extensions, just gel polish on hands and feet with nail art if a client wishes so I believe a Manicure & Pedicure course, Gel polish and Gel Polish Design courses are a must. I'm in South West UK but can travel if need be.
Many sites just state 'certificate on completion' but I'm unsure as to specific ones I should be looking to get.

I welcome your advice on which courses to take and also advise on the best brand of Gel.

Many thanks :)

www.gatewayworkshops they do gel polish course and lots other nail courses
i have done quite a lot of courses with them, the last one i did was both a mani and pedi
there are only 6 ppls in a class so its quite nice to just be a few of you learning, they have lots of places up and down the uk

The Gel Bottle Inc are offering nail courses and their educators are very good. Have a look at their website for more info. The products are also very good, many techs have moved from the big name companies over to the Gel Bottle

Latest posts

Back