Absolute Newbie!!!!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tk Nail5

Reaction score
Hi everyone. xxxxx

Im thinking of a career change and always wanted to perfct nails (since i was little). as i have no experence im a bit stuck boo hoo. could you give me advice on any Home courses that you know of that are good. i would be truely greatful for your advice.

Tracey
xxxxx

If you take a look in here http://www.salongeek.com/training/ there are several articles about training.

Also search the boards for other info on training and see how you get on.

Be prepared to get a numb bum from sitting and reading heaps.

I'm a newbie too!

Welcome to the site, and best of luck with your career change xxx:lol:

thankyou for the support.
ive been having a gander at essential nail home courses it looks very inviting but ive had some bad experience on home courses(due to pretend qualification). any experience and advice.
xxxxxxxxxx
tracey

I always wonder about home learning courses... how can a practical skill such as manicure, chiropody etc etc be learned like that? or is there something I don't know?

Hi Tracey

Training also depends on were in the country you live as it differs in price etc.

Also price differs from one company to another and what is inc in the coures, such as training manual products etc.

As Far as home study gose I always think it best to have a tutor who can correct any faulty/bad habits you may get into or simlpy be there for support and advice.

Hope this is of help to you.

Tracey

Hi and welcome to the site

Thankyou. i think im gonna see if there any courses at my nearest college and maybe do an apprentership.

thankyou again xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi everyone. xxxxx

Im thinking of a career change and always wanted to perfct nails (since i was little). as i have no experence im a bit stuck boo hoo. could you give me advice on any Home courses that you know of that are good. i would be truely greatful for your advice.

Tracey
xxxxx

Congratulations on choosing nails as a potential career change. I'm SO happy I decided to do nails.

I'd be a bit wary of home courses. I wasn't armed with a great deal of information when I initially started looking for courses and went through ICS (a reputable distance learning company) however the course wasn't anywhere near as comprehensive as I thought it would be and to be honest, I think that with nails you need a more 'hands on' course (if you'll pardon the pun!). I was glad I took my ICS course as it gave me lots of valuable theory, but nothing quite beats being able to see someone do it and having the support of a teacher showing you what to do and where you're going wrong.

I am quite new to nails too, have trained with creative, was really good, dont think i could have learned from a dvd , its harder than it looks!

Welcome to the site hun,
Look into training really hard before parting with your money, it is a lot harder to learn than anyone would ever think and not really advisable to do a home course,
lots of places and insurance companies don't recognize home learnt courses

Latest posts

Back