Absolutely fuming

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beautify2

Reaction score
I am so angry I have just discovered a local 15 yr old girl is offering dirt cheap spray tans- and offering bucks fizz when having a tan? 1.can you even train in spray tanning (it's Omg she is using) whilst you are under 18 - or still at school? 2. Can you be insured if you are under 18? 3. Clearly she should not be allowed to offer alcohol as she is under age as is her peers he is offering it to? Sorry for the rant but it just frustrates me so much I spent a lot of time money and effort doing it the legit professional way, then people spring up from no where offering dirt cheap prices how are you supposed to compete? Sometimes I think why do I bother

I know how you feel, but it might help just to think of it as a blip? She's obviously not qualified, not insured and almost certainly not any good.

Her customers are going to be her school mates who want cheap and cheerful tans and they're not the customers you want! Personally, I wouldn't let a teenager go near me with a spray gun and I don't think I'm alone there.

You'll be fine and she'll be gone - it's just a matter of time!

I am so angry I have just discovered a local 15 yr old girl is offering dirt cheap spray tans- and offering bucks fizz when having a tan? 1.can you even train in spray tanning (it's Omg she is using) whilst you are under 18 - or still at school? 2. Can you be insured if you are under 18? 3. Clearly she should not be allowed to offer alcohol as she is under age as is her peers he is offering it to? Sorry for the rant but it just frustrates me so much I spent a lot of time money and effort doing it the legit professional way, then people spring up from no where offering dirt cheap prices how are you supposed to compete? Sometimes I think why do I bother

You have my sympathy, really you do, she may however be doing this (mostly) legit.
My local whole sales had a group of kids from the local school in there the last time I was in, they were there with their teacher, they are taking their level one beauty at school and with that level one they are able to do manicure, pedicure and other basic services. That means they can attend industrial week at the college, so if they pay their £25 training fee they get a spray tan attendance certificate, they can now take that to the whole sales and buy which ever spray tan is stocked, ours is crazy angel. Then it's just a case of buying a cheep kit of ebay and of they go all above board.
This next bit is where they become law breakers, the moment they charge money they have to register as a business, they have to carry insurance and if they are supplying alcohol as part of the price of the service, they actually need a licence to sell alcohol.
They think it's ok because they are under age, but actually it's not, there are all sorts of laws that govern, how a miner may work and I'm not an expert on those at all, but I do know that because they are over the age of 14 they can actually find themselves being prosecuted, also their parent or guardian is also breaking the law, not just on the alcohol bit but also for allowing a child in their charge to work with out notifying the tax man and for working with out insurance.
It's up to you what you do with information, I'm not sure what I would do in your shoes.
Beyond one point, I wouldn't worry, I have never wanted to be known as Purrfect Beauty that cheep place, I've always wanted to be Purrfect Beauty that really good place.
Cheap as chips clients are only loyal as long as the service is cheap, and I don't serve children. I don't want pamper parties, or any of the other stuff that goes with people under the age of 16.
I want my middle aged clients with the disposable income, who want a cuppa and a natter, leave a nice tip and remember me at Christmas.
So take a deep breath and either call the tax office or walk away but don't for a moment think that the adults in this world are going to take their clothes of in front of a minor. Trust me, it's not going to happen.

Hahahahaha this has made me laugh so hard!

Just laugh about it, I wouldn't go near a 15year old near me with a spray gun. Where did she manage to afford it.

Also If its cheap then she wont have the first clue about running a bussniess so it won't last x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

don't for a moment think that the adults in this world are going to take their clothes of in front of a minor. Trust me, it's not going to happen.

:up: Killer argument. Hadn't even thought of it, but people would have to be an idiot to put themselves in that situation or leave themselves vulnerable to all sorts of accusations?

Couldn't agree with this post more!

\omg that is a scary thought! Wheneve i spray tan anyone under 16 I always require that an adult is present in the room ( I am sure it is part of the insurance conditions). imagine being accused of exposing yourself (which is exactly what you do when you take your clothes off to have a spray tan) to a minor, you could end up with a record as a peadophile!

\omg that is a scary thought! Wheneve i spray tan anyone under 16 I always require that an adult is present in the room ( I am sure it is part of the insurance conditions). imagine being accused of exposing yourself (which is exactly what you do when you take your clothes off to have a spray tan) to a minor, you could end up with a record as a peadophile!

That's so true. Also what are her parents thinking?

I'm 21 and my dad gets funny if I say a man's in for a tan. And hates the fact I work private with the public. Anything could happen. And at 15? Is she mobile.... Or where does she do it?
X

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

I find it extremely funny but would also like to mention... Who cares! I wouldn't even be worried as the type of clientele you want are definitely not going to go to her so you shouldn't even care as she's not even competition.

Don't swear it hun, just sit back and wait for the phone to ring with all the clients she messed up :p

Def like the comment about an adult taking their clothes off in front of a 15 yr old!!
I have a 14 yr old son and trust me he cant even mention body parts let alone spray tan them rofl:lick:
She will probably do a few school friends who will in turn run out of money any how so dont sweat it lol!

Been a peculiar week with peculier people in it for me this week.
Started with one of our stylists getting pooed on by a bird on Tues and the other one ripping a gaping hole in her trousers on the way to work...And from that point on the weeks just got weirder and weirder here!
Does give me a giggle though.:)

In probably going to get shot down, but as her parents I'd put a stop to it but be a little bit proud. I would liken it to a lemonade stand.

Yes I agree she should not be charging if not registered or distributing alcohol.

I can imagine it being the back story to a very successful business woman one day.

Agree with above posts that this girl is not your competition.

Def like the comment about an adult taking their clothes off in front of a 15 yr old!!
I have a 14 yr old son and trust me he cant even mention body parts let alone spray tan them rofl:lick:
She will probably do a few school friends who will in turn run out of money any how so dont sweat it lol!

Been a peculiar week with peculier people in it for me this week.
Started with one of our stylists getting pooed on by a bird on Tues and the other one ripping a gaping hole in her trousers on the way to work...And from that point on the weeks just got weirder and weirder here!
Does give me a giggle though.:)

I'm 19 and about to train in spray tanning. My work friends (ladies ages 40-55) have all made comments about how they won't feel comfortable stripping in front of me! So god knows how they would feel stripping in front of a 15 yr old stranger!! Crazy x

Thanks for all your comments, I've also taken the stance that she isn't my competition, but I hate that I had to spend a lot of money to qualify etc and seems you can pick up a machine and just go for it...! I know she isn't qualified or doing a course at school because she actually goes to school and hangs around with my step son haha.

ah well! Onwards and upwards I guess....

Also re "lemonade stand" I understand you may be proud of your child making their own money etc, but not with something that you should be insured to do and clearly aren't, sure get a paper round, set up a lemonade stand, but something that can cause repercussions if you are not qualified/insured or know what your doing is sligbtly more dangerous I feel, but that's just my personal opinion.

:biggrin:

Latest posts

Back