ABT insurance... extra equipment cover?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peartree

Reaction score
Hi geeks.. Am looking for insurance as I was told I was ripped off last couple of years lol!

Been looking at ABT... done a search and see other geeks are happy with them so...

I'm a mobile therapist and was just wondering how many of you geeks get the extra equipment cover??

Don't know to do? Is it worth it?

Many thanks 😊

I never took extra cover when I got my insurance ( not ABT by the way) and so wish I had.
There is enough equipment to cart about as a mobile tech and at least if your equipment is covered it gives you that peace of mind.
My Spray tan tent got trashed in a client's home and I know you can buy them fairly cheaply but mine was a very expensive, good quality tent so I basically worked a day for free to replace the tent.
What if your wax pot goes wrong? Or your UV lamp gets dropped or broken? All these items cost a bit to replace as well as the loss of earnings while you are shopping about or saving up to replace the item(s)

So my personal opinion is to spend the extra because if you ever need that insurance you will be so pleased you did pay the extra. One little bit of advice though, make sure you know exactly what the equipment cover insures you for. Does it cover accidental damage, breakages, clients kids destroying your gear whilst they are unsupervised?

Good luck

Thank you for you reply...

Still don't know what to do as terms and conditions don't sound that great to me...
May try phoning them today with a list of questions haha!

Latest posts

Back