ABT insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ellabella

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just want to ask peeps advise really on this.. not sure if I'm just being over picky ( always the perfectionist!!) or not!:biggrin:

I have been trained in nails for 10 years, tans 2 now, and have always got my public liability through Professional Beauty Direct. my policy was recently up for renewal and instead of doing my usual renewal with them.. i decided for some reason to shop around.. compare market etc.
I had recieved an email from ABT. offering 10% off when taken out online. with a free year subscription to Scratch Mag.. which i love!! when i get the odd few sent free.. so obviously i jumped at the offer.. as it was a few quid cheaper than what i paid with prof beauty.:biggrin:
so i paid online and promptly recieved a very professional looking starter pack ,, with window sticker. badge, etc. requesting i send in my training certs. before they would issue my insurance certs.
i did this the next day recorded delivery. eagerly waiting my reply....:green:
I recieved it this morning.... and i have to say I am some what disappointed with the cert......:rolleyes:
Now i realise it just a piece of card.. needed to show im covered with the basic details on... but i dont know i just think it looks? well a bit naff!?!:o

i take pride with my certs and frame them behind my desk. and this just looks like something i knocked up on computer!! :lol: . it doesnt have the dates from when i covered from and to? is this normal? ( prof beauty always did! my ladies always warned me when nearly up! lol ) and the black ink that has typed my personal details , qualifcations etc. is very inky.. smudged alot, can see faint prints all down cert.. and is slighty wonky!!! haha :eek:
i think i have been so used to the beautiful cert issused by PBD this just doesnt cut it!!! free scratch mag or not! :biggrin:
am i being completely mad here?? i am obviously going to call them monday. ( no answer this morning!) and speak to them.. but i am actually considering asking for refund! lol x
RANT OVER! :wink2: XX

I really would have thought the important thing would be the cover you get for the outlay not the look of the insurance certificate lol. But that's just me. I don't really give a monkeys what an insurance certificate looks like. :biggrin:

. But that's just me. I don't really give a monkeys what an insurance certificate looks like. :biggrin:

Sorry Geeg,
clearly from your reply i have asked a very stupid question! ..:smack:
lol i just thought dates of my insurance cover. would need to be visible on the certs ??? as i say i only have 10 years of PBD to compare with...
the look of the cert yes is down to personal preference i agree.. and of course the most important thing is the cover...
better check my house and car insurance thou... i defo think they may need dates on there!!! lol :hug:

Sorry Geeg,
clearly from your reply i have asked a very stupid question! ..:smack:
lol i just thought dates of my insurance cover. would need to be visible on the certs ??? as i say i only have 10 years of PBD to compare with...
the look of the cert yes is down to personal preference i agree.. and of course the most important thing is the cover...
better check my house and car insurance thou... i defo think they may need dates on there!!! lol :hug:

I don't think your question was stupid! Your post sounded to me like your main gripe was the look of the certificate not really what was on it.
I agree that somewhere it should be listed in your paperwork, the time period of the cover. It is only my opinion that to me, the look of the certificate really is immaterial ... to ME. :hug:

I like my training certificates that i have gained and that i give out at the acadmey to look really really posh.

But as for my public liability etcetc insurance certs I am not that fussed to be honest. I have my public liability framed on the desk, It looks very dull, only the frame is nice as I have tarted it up with swarovski gems on the frame but the rest are in a drawer in the salon .

I suppose its down to personal preference. does it mention your dates on any parts of paperwork they sent you?

tigi

Latest posts

Back